The Student Room Group

Booking driving instructor just for practical test?

I'm 21, going on 22 this summer. I've been rather lax with my driving education the past few years to say the least.

I've had my provisional since I was 17, but due to a combination of reasons, have had lessons sporadically over this time. I've managed to book two practical tests and miss them completely because I forgot the dates.

I passed my theory 3 years ago in April and took the first practical I actually remembered to attend last March, just before my theory expired. I failed unfortunately and left driving for a while. I booked another theory in September but managed to fail that by one mark (lack of revision I think).

I'm taking my theory again in March and will then take my practical soon after. For the past year I've had one instructor but unforuntately has retired. My question is, what would be the best route for booking an instructor just for a few lessons then for the practical test? Would RED driving school be any good?

Thanks for reading.
Reply 1
Hi there where about are you staying if you are staying in Uxbridge or Hayes please don't go with RED I am telling you from my personal experience I have taken lessons with RED and fail my practical test 3 time so please don't do this mistake :unimpressed::unimpressed:
Reply 2
You're hardly a committed, studious person, are you?

Unless you knuckle down and actually learn how to drive properly with plenty of hands on as well as theoretical experience with the understanding that goes with it, you're just setting yourself up for another fail. £62 down the drain.

Anyway, to answer your question, RED driving school will probably agree to take you for a test after hardly any lessons; they bring any old ****e along for test. If you want to pass the test, then you really need a good instructor and a lot of lessons in a short-ish time.
Reply 3
Actually i took so many lesson but it didn't work out but any way I passed with another instructor straight away so its not a problem now. I was just helping you. :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Is your old instructor not able to recommend someone?

The best instructors tend to be well established and get enough customers without buying into Red, BSM or any of the other big schools. Ask work mates, friends, someone will be able to recommend someone.

Most instructors won't want to book you in just to do the test. They want to maintain a high pass rate so they don't want to send people for tests if you're not ready.
Original post by A133nwa
Hi there where about are you staying if you are staying in Uxbridge or Hayes please don't go with RED I am telling you from my personal experience I have taken lessons with RED and fail my practical test 3 time so please don't do this mistake :unimpressed::unimpressed:

I totally agree with you. The company is more interested in their reputation than delivering lessons well. Customer satisfaction is the least of their priority, very pathetic. Meanwhile, if you are staying in Watford, don't go with them as well I don't know about other areas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending