The Student Room Group

Why can't I get a test?

I have tried to book a driving test but I even went like 6 months from now and it still said no test available so I heard about them apparently releasing new test dates at 6am on Monday so I woke up early to check it then and I input dates in March and it still said there were no test dates available at any date so I looked in May but still no. Why is this? I even checked at 6 on Monday but still nothing? Also my theory test expired in 2025 so it's not that issue so why can't I get a test???
Original post by DispiritedDream
I have tried to book a driving test but I even went like 6 months from now and it still said no test available so I heard about them apparently releasing new test dates at 6am on Monday so I woke up early to check it then and I input dates in March and it still said there were no test dates available at any date so I looked in May but still no. Why is this? I even checked at 6 on Monday but still nothing? Also my theory test expired in 2025 so it's not that issue so why can't I get a test???

See https://despatch.blog.gov.uk/2023/07/06/what-is-causing-the-long-driving-test-waiting-times/
‘an increase in forecast demand caused by a stronger than expected economy
sustained industrial action
low customer confidence in driving test availability, resulting in a change in customers’ booking behaviour’
Reply 2
I know it's a long wait. I'm glad I got mine very quickly. Got a test date 2 months after doing the theory.

Try looking in a different area from where your looking as there might be dates there.
Original post by BankaiGintoki
See https://despatch.blog.gov.uk/2023/07/06/what-is-causing-the-long-driving-test-waiting-times/
‘an increase in forecast demand caused by a stronger than expected economy
sustained industrial action
low customer confidence in driving test availability, resulting in a change in customers’ booking behaviour’

I am glad I was learning in 2022 before all this happened. Even for me though I booked my test in June for a November test date.
Reply 4
Original post by DispiritedDream

I woke up at 5:30 and the portal opens around 5:55 sometimes so you should be fast and have ur details on stick notes!
Reply 5
Original post by Faultybot
I know it's a long wait. I'm glad I got mine very quickly. Got a test date 2 months after doing the theory.

Try looking in a different area from where your looking as there might be dates there.

but you then have to do a test in an unfamiliar area - do people do this?
Reply 6
Original post by lesgo21
but you then have to do a test in an unfamiliar area - do people do this?

Yes they do, if you can pass then you should be able to adapt in any area you drive. On my test I was taken down roads that I didn't know or never been down.

I was driving down roads in a few days later passing that are unfamiliar to me, but you need to adapt and get used to it.
Reply 7
Don't give up! Keep trying different times, areas, and methods.
There are quite a few apps in the app stores which automate the process of getting you a test slot earlier. They work well...
Reply 9
Original post by Faultybot
Yes they do, if you can pass then you should be able to adapt in any area you drive. On my test I was taken down roads that I didn't know or never been down.

I was driving down roads in a few days later passing that are unfamiliar to me, but you need to adapt and get used to it.

True but there's a difference between driving to test standard and normal standard. Most people with licenses would fail the driving test if they had to sit it again just like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending