The Student Room Group

What nationality are you?

Scroll to see replies

Hi all; I'm a proud West Indian. Anyone else from the Caribbean and intending to study in the UK in September?
Mother is Russian, father is Slovak and I officially am Slovak.
Original post by PederDingo
ooh why do you understand danish? :smile: just similar to german or? ich spreche ein bischen deutsch.. wir haben es in der schule gelernt.. aber ich habe meisten vergessen. haha i bet that made no sense..
No offers or rejections yet. It's frustrating. How about you? why those unis?

yea it seems to be quite similar to german :biggrin: looks like you still know a lot of german because what you wrote is perfect :smile:
nothing yet... its making me crazy...because i love scotland, and most other unis there dont offer geography or have entry requirements that I probably wont achieve unfortunately. how about you?
whats your fav out of those 3?
(edited 13 years ago)
I am Spanish :biggrin:
Original post by Kiwihoney
yea it seems to be quite similar to german :biggrin: looks like you still know a lot of german because what you wrote is perfect :smile:
nothing yet... its making me crazy...because i love scotland, and most other unis there dont offer geography or have entry requirements that I probably wont achieve unfortunately. how about you?
whats your fav out of those 3?

I really wanted to study in the UK, but thought I couldn't afford it. Then I found out that EU students don't have to pay tuition fees in Scotland :wink: brilliant! I basically just applied to all unis in Scotland that offer geography. It's very unlikely I will get offers from Edinburgh and Glasgow though... because of my grades. But there's no harm in trying..
The other three are more realistic choices.. I haven't visited any of the unis so I'm not sure about which one I would prefer. I've been trying to find out which better for geography from their websites and other places, but it's so hard to tell?? Do you know anything about it? Where would you prefer going?
Original post by PederDingo
I really wanted to study in the UK, but thought I couldn't afford it. Then I found out that EU students don't have to pay tuition fees in Scotland :wink: brilliant! I basically just applied to all unis in Scotland that offer geography. It's very unlikely I will get offers from Edinburgh and Glasgow though... because of my grades. But there's no harm in trying..
The other three are more realistic choices.. I haven't visited any of the unis so I'm not sure about which one I would prefer. I've been trying to find out which better for geography from their websites and other places, but it's so hard to tell?? Do you know anything about it? Where would you prefer going?

yea i know, Ive applied to some english universities aswell but i think i wont be able to afford it (i'm starting 2012 so its even more expensive then)...
atm I really like Dundee. The department itself seems to be pretty good (compared to stirling), and its close to Edinburgh and Glasgow, well atleast if you take Aberdeen for example^^
I havent visited any of them either, i guess i will when (if?) i get offers...
Reply 1186
I am Seychellois lool... From Sunny seychelles... Not proud of it :-D
British+Canadian+Chinese
100% kenyan :colone: ,
Reply 1189
Eritrean :biggrin:
Ethnicity?

Pakistani & Irish =)
pakistan !!!!!

you ppl know where it is ??
Original post by najamchaudhry
pakistan !!!!!

you ppl know where it is ??

Yhh..like in india
I am citizen of USA.
:smile::smile:
Reply 1194
Hong Kong :u: with a British passport though
Portuguese :biggrin:
british & paki
Original post by s2004060
Hong Kong :u: with a British passport though

:ditto:
I'm English
Original post by daisy taylor
Hi all; I'm a proud West Indian. Anyone else from the Caribbean and intending to study in the UK in September?

Im 1/4 st lucian, do i still count ? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest