transfiguration
care of magical creatures
dada
arithmancy

:biggrin:

test away feelin good, test away!
Reply 181
Hey guys. I'm the new DADA teacher. :smile:
Congrats on becoming DADA teacher Xenon! I look forward to being in your class :smile: (Aren't I a little suck up?)
Reply 183
UPDATES:

1) Congratulations to our new teachers:

DADA
Xenon

Potions
feeling good

History of Magic
Wise One

:party:

2) THE HOUSE POINTS SYSTEM IS UP! I've already placed the current number of points in the first post of the HP Society thread. As with Harry Potter canon, points are given or taken away mainly on the discretion of the teachers.

So for the teachers--you can give/take points! (Some have started already, actually, and I've included them in the current count as well). Just explicitly say in your post (a) how many points you are giving or taking away; (b) to whom you are giving the points; (c) for what reason you are giving or taking points away (well, you can simply quote the post concerned or make a brief reference to it, as long as it can be understood by everyone). Of course, always give or take away points within reason! :smile:

For the non-teacher members of the society--your good or bad behavior can affect the number of points your House has! No need to be a constant suck-up (although I suppose that might work with/for some :wink:); just be a good member of the Society and I assume you (and your House) will be rewarded for your efforts. :smile:

NB: For Gryffindor, I included the points given to Wise One (granted by makeshiftwings) because the points were given before Wise One became History of Magic teacher. :smile:

treff :smile:
Ok I'm just going to do ask a question for thoses doing charms (people that arn't doing charms that do know can also answer if they wish to though). First person to answer it correctly will be awarded points. I will decide on how many for the right answer and will give extra points if you can give an example of where it was used in a book, even more if you can state who used it.

What is the charm that causes this effect : a spell that moves objects? (A hint : this is to move an object from one place to another. Not to make an object float or hover)
Doom_and_Gloom
Ok I'm just going to do ask a question for thoses doing charms (people that arn't doing charms that do know can also answer if they wish to though). First person to answer it correctly will be awarded points. I will decide on how many for the right answer and will give extra points if you can give an example of where it was used in a book, even more if you can state who used it.

What is the charm that causes this effect : a spell that moves objects? (A hint : this is to move an object from one place to another. Not to make an object float or hover)

The locomotor charm.
Ihope you were talking about rep!
feeling good
The locomotor charm.
Ihope you were talking about rep!

You do realise you a teacher right. This is a question for students :rolleyes: . Hogwart points are still open as that is not the answer I am actually after.
Is it the Accio charm?
Doom_and_Gloom
You do realise you a teacher right. This is a question for students :rolleyes: . Hogwart points are still open as that is not the answer I am actually after.

Yeh I k now I just wanted the rep! :p:
By the by, there's a whole list of spells up on mugglenet.com. You might want to check it before giving a test!
xlouisedoll
Is it the Accio charm?

Sorry it's not. That is a very good try though. It does move objects after all but it's not the one I'm after. Sorry. Hogwart point's still open for those interested.
feeling good
Yeh I k now I just wanted the rep! :p:
By the by, there's a whole list of spells up on mugglenet.com. You might want to check it before giving a test!

Oh I just wanted to do the one question to make it more fair. I'll do this every now and then saying that the first person to get it right will get the Hogwart points.

I know what charm it is I'm asking for, what book it's in, who uses it, why they use it and I even know what chapter. If anyone is that in depth about it there will be points up for grab for each that is stated :biggrin: . Good luck.
henryt
I took the Arithmancy test so kindly provided by Wise_One, and I scored a 7!

"Perceptive, understanding, and bright, sevens enjoy hard work and challenges. They are often serious, scholarly, and interested in all things mysterious. Originality and imagination are more important than money and material possessions. Sevens can also be pessimistic, sarcastic, and insecure."

Well - that's me down to the last letter... :p: This Arithmancy is really good!

Ten points to Ravenclaw!
Doom_and_Gloom
Oh I just wanted to do the one question to make it more fair. I'll do this every now and then saying that the first person to get it right will get the Hogwart points.

I know what charm it is I'm asking for, what book it's in, who uses it, why they use it and I even know what chapter. If anyone is that in depth about it there will be points up for grab for each that is stated :biggrin: . Good luck.

Mobiliarbus- do i have to say which book its from?
darth_vader05
Is it Wingardium Leviosa

This is used to levitate a desired object so no it is not. Yet again a very good guess just not the right one. Sorry. Do try again.
Doom_and_Gloom
This is used to levitate a desired object so no it is not. Yet again a very good guess just not the right one. Sorry. Do try again.

I deleted that post, becasue i'd posted the wrong one :biggrin: It's Mobiliarbus.
What's the maximum number of subjects that we can choose?
darth_vader05
Mobiliarbus- do i have to say which book its from?

Mobiliarbus is a hiding charm so I am afraid that is wrong. Do try again.

Remember it is a charm/spell that moves objects. (A hint : this is to move an object from one place to another. Not to make an object float or hover)
Doom_and_Gloom
Mobiliarbus is a hiding charm so I am afraid that is wrong. Do try again.

Remember it is a charm/spell that moves objects. (A hint : this is to move an object from one place to another. Not to make an object float or hover)

Is it the locomotor charm :confused: I should have just read previous posts :wink:
darth_vader05
Is it the locomotor charm :confused: I should have just read previous posts :wink:

feeling good already tryed that as the answer. It isn't the one I'm after. Just because feeling good is a teacher doesn't mean that I dismissed what he put. As you'll see from previous posts I did say that it wasn't the answer I was looking for. Do try again (I'm thinking that whoever gets this will get quite alot of points as people are finding this so hard.)
Doom_and_Gloom
feeling good already tryed that as the answer. It isn't the one I'm after. Just because feeling good is a teacher doesn't mean that I dismissed what he put. As you'll see from previous posts I did say that it wasn't the answer I was looking for. Do try again (I'm thinking that whoever gets this will get quite alot of points as people are finding this so hard.)

I think i'm the only one finding it hard :biggrin:
What about flippendo?

Latest