The Student Room Group

Harry potter chat

I’m obsessed with harry potter so anyone who also loves it feel free to start a discussion!!

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to Harry Potter world next month but I absolutly hate Harry Potter 😹😅
have you heard about the new Harry Potter game
HI
Hi
Reply 5
Original post by redmac2
I’m obsessed with harry potter so anyone who also loves it feel free to start a discussion!!

omg this is an old thread but let meh know if u still wanna discuss anything :P
Original post by redmac2

I never liked it at all. Not even as kid when I got the very first book I got borrowed.

Original post by Maybar
omg this is an old thread but let meh know if u still wanna discuss anything :P

I am not interest in. And you?
Original post by ebyrne2036
Harry Potter is amazing

The books or the films or both? if you like the books you certainly have read all parts of the series, I suppose.
Both tbh but the books r better
Original post by ebyrne2036
Both tbh but the books r better

Just read the first one a long time ago, but no another books after. Did you really read them all and which one is your favorite?
Yes I did and hm would probably say goblet of fire!
Original post by Kallisto
Just read the first one a long time ago, but no another books after. Did you really read them all and which one is your favorite?

I’ve read them all plenty of times! I was obsessed with the world as a kid and I am still a huge fan, although I am 26 😂
I certainly like the HP books more than the movies. It’s tough to say which one is my favourite, maybe the Half-Blood Prince, as you get a lot of insights about the past of that world. Safe to say all of them have different atmosphere, the first books are more children oriented, and they keep progressing into something more gloomy. The Order of Phoenix kinda traumatised me as a pre-teen tbh 😅
Original post by sstteeffffyy
I’ve read them all plenty of times! I was obsessed with the world as a kid and I am still a huge fan, although I am 26 😂
I certainly like the HP books more than the movies. It’s tough to say which one is my favourite, maybe the Half-Blood Prince, as you get a lot of insights about the past of that world. Safe to say all of them have different atmosphere, the first books are more children oriented, and they keep progressing into something more gloomy. The Order of Phoenix kinda traumatised me as a pre-teen tbh 😅

Your point that I can't deny or agree. I have thought dor a long time that Harry Potter is for children or teenagers, but people like you have shown me that I was very wrong.
(edited 8 months ago)
Your point that I can't deny or agree. I have thought dor a long time that Harry Potter is for children or teenagers, but people like you have shown mw that I was very wrong.

Well honestly I don’t know why I am still into it that much, as an adult I have never been interested in fantasy literature. Maybe it’s a combination of nostalgia, escapism and the involvement into the very detailed world. I literally grew up with Harry Potter, I started reading at four and it was my first book. Also the movies always came out around my birthday and it was a tradition to watch them as a part of the celebration.
Original post by sstteeffffyy
Well honestly I don’t know why I am still into it that much, as an adult I have never been interested in fantasy literature. Maybe it’s a combination of nostalgia, escapism and the involvement into the very detailed world. I literally grew up with Harry Potter, I started reading at four and it was my first book. Also the movies always came out around my birthday and it was a tradition to watch them as a part of the celebration.

The thing I like the most about Harry Potter are the spells. They all are - or almost - in Latin. I can even some translate, as I had Latin as subject at school. :smile:

As far as I know J. K. Rowling had had that subject as student too.
(edited 8 months ago)
The thing I like the most about Harry Potter are the spells. They all are - or almost - in Latin. I can even some translate, as I had Latin as subject at school. :smile:

As far as I know J. K. Rowling had had that subject as student too.

Oooh, yeah, I can relate to that, cause I also had a Latin course on my undergrad 😅
Reply 17
YESSS I FOUND HP FANS!!! I also love Harry Potter... I have read the books and watched the movies but the books are better :biggrin: What house is everyone in? I am a proud Hufflepuff!
Slytherin forever.
Original post by Maybar
YESSS I FOUND HP FANS!!! I also love Harry Potter... I have read the books and watched the movies but the books are better :biggrin: What house is everyone in? I am a proud Hufflepuff!

Ravenclaw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending