The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol i have no need to, my eyebrows are very fair, therefore they dont need plucking :smile:
Reply 2
I'm quite obsessive about mine - I wax and pluck (the very fine blonde hairs just won't go with the wax :mad: )
edit: i don't over-do it though! They look natural, but neat. I leave the first half alone and start to shape directly about my pupil.
Reply 3
I do the mono bit and just make sure any stray hairs are dealt with. I have a fringe so I've not much need to worry about my eyebrows
SammyD
And how do you do it, tweezing, waxing, threading, in a salon or at home? Do you use those little stencils? Pluck from only from above, or underneath, or both?

Does it really make a difference? (I think it does)

I do mine in quite a steep arch and i get them done professionally and get the top bleached rather than plucked xoxo
Reply 5
I'm ginger and so my eyebrows are fair, kinda browny blonde. I sometimes pluck cos they aren't a perfect arch or anything, but frequently I can't be bothered :smile:.
Reply 6
not sure about those options... I pluck them though, but not that much. Just blow, not above the eyebrows. Sort of cleaning it up by getting rid of the strays that don't belong to the natural arch of the brows I guess...
Reply 7
Mine are very blonde. They don't look that defined anyway (and would look strange if they were any darker; people would think I dye my hair), so all I need to do is pluck about three stray hairs every four months or so. It's great!
I get mine professionally done (a combo of plucking & waxing)- my eyebrows are naturally quite thick, so plucking them by myself can be quite harrowing.
Reply 9
I get mine threaded. It hurts more than the other methods, but once you've done it atleast 3 times you'll become (fairly) immune to the pain.
what is threading? i pluck the underneath of my eyebrows when it needs doing and have a gentle arch in them cos i don't like really harshly plucked ones.
Reply 11
Natural :P
I tweeze the underneath part of my eyebrows and wax the top of it so its a perfect shape and bends like an upside down v on top of my pupils.
Reply 13
i just pluck til ive statisfied with the look. Id like to take more out, but im not very confident getting it too look right.
Reply 14
Lirael Abhorsen
what is threading? i pluck the underneath of my eyebrows when it needs doing and have a gentle arch in them cos i don't like really harshly plucked ones.

Threading = using a thread to pluck your eyebrows. You've probably seen them do it in salons.
Reply 15
Natural but once every few months I get them threaded.
Reply 16
Xanthe
Threading = using a thread to pluck your eyebrows. You've probably seen them do it in salons.

I've just worked out how to thread myself... I did the funny loopy thing and pulled it on my skin...

Ouuuchhhhhh :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 17
ive saw it on this morning, wasnt quite sure if it worked any better than tweasers.
Reply 18
Adarah
not sure about those options... I pluck them though, but not that much. Just blow, not above the eyebrows. Sort of cleaning it up by getting rid of the strays that don't belong to the natural arch of the brows I guess...

same here.

are you supposed to pluck above the eyebrows? i did that once at a salon and it looked very good afterwards (the main reason they did it was cause i have a scar at the end of one of them and she plucked them more equal) however when i have plucked them at salons since then they never do that cause they say that it is wrong and you shouldn't. the one that did it the first time doesn't work anymore :frown: if i say what i want them to do they probably do it but does anyone know why it is considered to be bad?
Reply 19
Since im a man, i have all my eyebrows untouched.. its all fuzzy.. thats why i call it Fuzzy eyebrows (Naruto fans, this will found familiar)

Latest