The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can wiggle mine seperately, its really fun
Reply 21
cheesecakebobby
I can wiggle mine seperately, its really fun

so can i, wanna do it togheter?
Reply 22
one thing i hate about eyebrows and guys, is when they meet in the middle, if my guy had those id so wax a gap in, eyebrows just shouldnt meet.
Reply 23
Adhsur
I've just worked out how to thread myself... I did the funny loopy thing and pulled it on my skin...

Ouuuchhhhhh :eek: :biggrin:

They recommend taking a painkiller before hand... :p:
Glory
one thing i hate about eyebrows and guys, is when they meet in the middle, if my guy had those id so wax a gap in, eyebrows just shouldnt meet.

I don't have a prob with that... except when my eyebrows meet in the middle. That's the time to have them plucked/waxed
_EMMA_
so can i, wanna do it togheter?

Kinky
Reply 26
cheesecakebobby
Kinky

it was an innocent question
Maybe I just find the prospect of group eyebrow wiggling arousing
Reply 28
cheesecakebobby
Maybe I just find the prospect of group eyebrow wiggling arousing

hmm, there is no group just you and me.
you are easy to please :rolleyes:
Gentle arch. :smile:
Reply 30
i have freak eyebrows. everyone on my mum's side of my family has really dark brown/black hair, with eyebrows to match, whilst a lot of my dad's side of the family has ginger/blonde hair. somehow, i ended up with funny light brown hair (which i am occasionally accused of dying blonde because it seems to change colour on its own), but with black eyebrows and eyelashes. i save a fortune on mascara, but i can't even remember what my eyebrows look like naturally (other than quite big) because i started plucking them 5 years ago. and now they are a gentle arch, methinks.

i hope that all of you with pale eyebrows appreciate how lucky you are. you can't leave dark eyebrows unplucked unless you want to look like you have a pair of caterpillars snogging on your forehead.
Reply 31
I have freaky eyebrows as well :frown: My Dad's got really light brown hair and my Mum's got really dark brown hair so I got really light hair and really dark eyebrows. Not just dark - they're really thick as well and it's so annoying because no matter how much I pluck them I'll still look like a freak because they're such a dramatically different colour and thickness to my hair. So I generally keep them in a neated up version of how they naturally are with a slight arch. They can grow to be longer, and thicker than my eyelashes - which I think is just wrong... isn't it?

Can you get your eyebrows bleached, or dyed? Because I really think I need it! :biggrin: I went blonde a year ago and I just looked so stupid - but it wasn't that much darker than my original hair colour which is worrying!
Reply 32
well as a boy none of the options really fit me but i pluck the middle and nothing else - i think that's all guys realy need to do
Reply 33
TKR
well as a boy none of the options really fit me but i pluck the middle and nothing else - i think that's all guys realy need to do

I agree. I haven't touched my eyebrows in ages, they're always fine as they are, really.
Reply 34
SammyD
And how do you do it, tweezing, waxing, threading, in a salon or at home? Do you use those little stencils? Pluck from only from above, or underneath, or both?

Does it really make a difference? (I think it does)

i have naturally fair skin and dark brown eyebrows.

i totally recommend this to anyone with this colouring to shave off the eyebrow with those special shaver things fro eyebrows (looks like a knife but is a sideways shaver) or use scissors to cut them quite short so you have say 3mm of hair left (like long stubble). pluck this into shape, then pencil them in by colouring in the shape. voila- perfect brows!you also will always look done up with no effort!
I wax my eyebrows and then pluck any stray hairs.Sadly there was an accident the other day with the wax,removing half of my left eyebrow.So I had to cut myself a fringe going over that eyebrow to cover it,lol.
aparently your ment to hold something like a nail file from the edge of your lip to the edge of your eye and any eyebrows going past this line should be plucked and the same on the inside of ur eyebrows when u hold the nail file at the edge of your mouth and nose.
i was always told your not ment to pluck the top of your eyes brows but just define the bottom? I dont know if this is just a lie though lol
Reply 37
The line rule is spot on silverfish!

The reason behind not plucking the top half of the eyebrow is: if you get it wrong it looks awful. Naturally most peoples top eyebrows are the guiding shape for the underneath. in beauty salons they look at the top line before shaping the bottim to see what is the natural curve.

Salons are always going to tell the average person that of course, only a qualified person would know how to tackle the whole area. It just takes common sense and practice!

Unless you've got hideous amounts of mishapen hair ontop, i'd say leave it. If you want a manicured look then take of a few stray hairs!

Remember: when plucking, every 4-6 hairs move back from the mirror and asses the damage before continuing.
Reply 38
Some people I know who pluck their eyebrows end up with a perpetually slightly surprised look. Conversely I'll see someone's face and think, there's something not right with her expression, and then realise she's plucked her eyebrows.
Reply 39
Sopheh
I have freaky eyebrows as well :frown: My Dad's got really light brown hair and my Mum's got really dark brown hair so I got really light hair and really dark eyebrows. Not just dark - they're really thick as well and it's so annoying because no matter how much I pluck them I'll still look like a freak because they're such a dramatically different colour and thickness to my hair. So I generally keep them in a neated up version of how they naturally are with a slight arch. They can grow to be longer, and thicker than my eyelashes - which I think is just wrong... isn't it?

Can you get your eyebrows bleached, or dyed? Because I really think I need it! :biggrin: I went blonde a year ago and I just looked so stupid - but it wasn't that much darker than my original hair colour which is worrying!

that's exactly the problem that i have; although after 5 years of plucking my eyebrows aren't as thick as they used to be. i've never really considered the length and thickness of my eyebrows in relation to my eyelashes, but i'm probably in the same boat there, as well. i'm just glad my eyelashes are darker than my eyebrows, it kind of keeps them in check.

i think you can get them dyed, but they would grow back very quickly so you'd have to do it quite often. plus i don't think it would be a good idea to go straight from dark eyebrows to blonde eyebrows - it might be a bit sudden. the only thing i've ever considered is dying my hair dark brown to match!

Latest