The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I passed my TA NAB lol
Pedrobear
Think I have to worry about that? :p:

Haven't smoked since December. Actually... since last week, but that was the first since December. And it was only because some girl gave me a cigarette for a light. Not at my request!

Damn, Unicorn Attack gets intense after about 10,000 or so... but there is a subtle skill to it :ninja:

Well, make it something to worry about. :p:

Boy! I sure do hope the Scottish Government send additional funds my way.
Reply 782
Madjackismad
You want to stab your lecturer in the face? :s-smilie: Why the face? Why not the stomach or the jugular? Ach, cigarettes...

Modern studies is the worst. You need to do four essays and you only get 22 minutes for each one. :nothing:

do i need a reason :P
Reply 783
LuhLah
I passed my TA NAB lol

(Y)

LuhLah
im amazed at my speed today! it's just weird how you just get on with it lol. I thought'd it be "first question second question, essay essay, check over with 2 mins left", noooo lol

It is, that surprised me too when I did it. Hopefully that's helped you prepare for the final exam, as it shows you that things can just click. You're more likely to do well if you don't think about it too much and just go ahead and get on with it, if you know what I'm saying.
Reply 784
Madjackismad
Harmony, harmony, OH LOVE! :teehee:

And to anyone reading this and not having a clue what we're talking about. We're totally not gay. Like TOTALLY.

When it's coooold outsiiiiiiide

******* addictive but I can't get past 6.5k :mad:

ETA: Got up to 9k, ha
Reply 785
C274
(Y)

It is, that surprised me too when I did it. Hopefully that's helped you prepare for the final exam, as it shows you that things can just click. You're more likely to do well if you don't think about it too much and just go ahead and get on with it, if you know what I'm saying.

It was just so strange! I think I've done ok in my essays tbh, but I don't think I referred to the question often enough, tangent :awesome: After all the horror stories about "Omg 2 essays in 45 minutes I couldn't do it I always ran out of time" :s-smilie:

And yeah, just don't think and get on with it. I'm like that in maths NABs, I'm just totally robotic. But english is one of those "200 shades of grey" subjects, so thinking is required. :nothing:

Higher Maths on Friday...I've done the 2009 paper and it's quite easy (the last question was just lush) but the last questions in paper 1 were like :lolwut: I didn't notice they were there the first time I checked :s-smilie:

Higher Chem in a week, hopefully a B. Higher Human will be an A :haughty:
Reply 786
LuhLah
And yeah, just don't think and get on with it. I'm like that in maths NABs, I'm just totally robotic. But english is one of those "200 shades of grey" subjects. :nothing:

Exactly. The thing is though, there is kinda a way to tackle English essays. Of course it's not black and white at all but if you follow routines it will help. Like at the end of every paragraph I made reference to the question in some way, to keep myself on track and to make sure I was answering the question and to link on from. Try doing that but of course try not to make it sound repetitive too!
LuhLah
It was just so strange! I think I've done ok in my essays tbh, but I don't think I referred to the question often enough, tangent :awesome: After all the horror stories about "Omg 2 essays in 45 minutes I couldn't do it I always ran out of time" :s-smilie:

And yeah, just don't think and get on with it. I'm like that in maths NABs, I'm just totally robotic. But english is one of those "200 shades of grey" subjects. :nothing:

And life doesn't have shades of grey? :p:
Reply 788
Madjackismad
And life doesn't have shades of grey? :p:

No :awesome: It has shades of pink :sexface:
Reply 789
C274
Exactly. The thing is though, there is kinda a way to tackle English essays. Of course it's not black and white at all but if you follow routines it will help. Like at the end of every paragraph I made reference to the question in some way, to keep myself on track and to make sure I was answering the question and to link on from. Try doing that but of course try not to make it sound repetitive too!

Yeah, I just kept on going in my essays and stopped to think sometimes, and that's when I got stuck! :rolleyes: Next time it shall be plan and then pure robotic LL :cool:
LuhLah

Higher Maths on Friday...I've done the 2009 paper and it's quite easy (the last question was just lush) but the last questions in paper 1 were like :lolwut: I didn't notice they were there the first time I checked :s-smilie: :

I didn't realise they were there till 10mins left in the exam after spending ages checking the multiple choice over. **** myself when I saw them but managed to get through them and get most of the marks in time.

last question on paper 2 was hard if i remember and there was part of a question with a circle that was hard. the rest was straight forward enough. the 08 paper was the easiest paper i've seen.
Reply 791
LuhLah
Higher Maths on Friday...I've done the 2009 paper and it's quite easy (the last question was just lush)

:lolwut:

LuhLah
but the last questions in paper 1 were like :lolwut:

Have to disagree there, our brains must be total opposites. :o:

Dado Prso
last question on paper 2 was hard if i remember and there was part of a question with a circle that was hard. the rest was straight forward enough. the 08 paper was the easiest paper i've seen.

:yep:
Reply 792
stefany-a
hhaha a girl in my accounts class (lesson 4) came inn half way through then went 'i slept in ' :O :eek3:

I'd never SAY that to a teacher after 1st period lmao, she's got balls!
I didn't have anything between Spanish (1&2) and French practice 4th so I just slept :p: didn't see the point in getting up lol.
Reply 793
bex285
I'd never SAY that to a teacher after 1st period lmao, she's got balls!
I didn't have anything between Spanish (1&2) and French practice 4th so I just slept :p: didn't see the point in getting up lol.

I slept in this morning and if I'd made the effort to get to school as quickly as I could, I would have got in at period 4 :P

Pedrobear

Hawl Pedro, what's your high score for that unicorn thing?
Reply 794
C274
I slept in this morning and if I'd made the effort to get to school as quickly as I could, I would have got in at period 4 :P

Hawl Pedro, what's your high score for that unicorn thing?

That's when I went in :ahee: I could have gone in 2nd but there was really no point, I didn't have a class to go to :p:
Reply 795
C274
:lolwut:

Have to disagree there, our brains must be total opposites. :o:

:yep:

I prefer vectors to trig :p: Plus i never really got the hang of those types of questions - trust me to stick out like a sore thumb :s-smilie:
I agree with the last question on paper 2. God, I had to think for about ten minutes while I was just flying through the rest of the questions. :p:
Reply 797
**** this. I hate school. I can't wait till May.
bex285

:console: What's up?
Reply 799
bex285

:hugs: It'll be May before you know it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending