The Student Room Group
ukdragon37
It is simply undefined behaviour - i.e. it consumes the symbol but the transition is uncertain. Technically, the set of next states delta(state,symbol) is empty (page 15 of notes).

Yeah, I got that the set was empty. But you're saying that it will make a transition? (Albeit including the possibility of a transition qqq\to q.) [EDIT: Ah, you're not saying that, then.] Can you assume anything about the distribution of the transition probabilities, e.g. that it's uniform, or do you just regard it as completely uncertain?

Thanks. :smile:
TheUnbeliever
Yeah, I got that the set was empty. But you're saying that it will make a transition? (Albeit including the possibility of a transition qqq\to q.) [EDIT: Ah, you're not saying that, then.] Can you assume anything about the distribution of the transition probabilities, e.g. that it's uniform, or do you just regard it as completely uncertain?

Thanks. :smile:

See edit :biggrin:

I mean uncertain as in unknown and undefined.

Perhaps the best way to think about it is that the machine crashes at that point :wink: (you can't continue if you are not in any state)
ukdragon37
Perhaps the best way to think about it is that the machine crashes at that point :wink: (you can't continue if you are not in any state)

Have you missed my repeated claims to hate computers as machines? :laugh: Just seems curious to include it as a possibility in the theory given the ugly results, although I can see that it might serve a purpose in allowing for greater generality elsewhere. Hm, will think about it, perhaps it's just the knee-jerk response to 'undefined behaviour' from too much C++, haha.

Thanks, though! :biggrin:
Reply 9763
LuhLah
Je veux ton amour :colone:

J'adore l'amour :colone:
Reply 9764
I have a chemistry unit 3 test in 1 hour and 15 minutes. I failed the unit 3 nab first time he marked it. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH :crazy:
You know that you're on study leave when you start watching Countdown. :nothing:

Mad Men is excellent btw.
C274
I have a chemistry unit 3 test in 1 hour and 15 minutes. I failed the unit 3 nab first time he marked it. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH :crazy:

Good luck!
Should be fine this time, it's mostly facts :biggrin:
GingerGoat
Good luck!
Should be fine this time, it's mostly facts :biggrin:

What's up? :gah:

Hmm, I should go out for a drive maybe, but I barely have any petrol and cba stopping at the garage. :p:
C274

Good Luck!
Wisdom teeth = ow. Good timing >_<!
Just had a look at the statistics for last year, and it seems between us we knew everyone who passed five AH's :p: I think that's pretty cool (there were 3)
Got my Geography mock exam result back... got exemption and don't need to do the final! :biggrin:
rosie9391
Got my Geography mock exam result back... got exemption and don't need to do the final! :biggrin:

That's great :biggrin:
What was it on?
Hows the flat hunting going? :P:

I'm pretty unlucky it seems, managed to lose a job before i even started :frown:

:lol:
GingerGoat
That's great :biggrin:
What was it on?
Hows the flat hunting going? :P:

I'm pretty unlucky it seems, managed to lose a job before i even started :frown:

:lol:

I done an essay on hazards in Scotland with future climate change - even talked about the Elgin floods. :yep:
It's great, we now have a flat! No cardboard box for me. :p:

---
:console: There will be others.
TheUnbeliever

So, were you there at the tick0 talk?
ukdragon37
So, were you there at the tick0 talk?

Couldn't be, sadly. More stuff to pick up from CN?
rosie9391
I done an essay on hazards in Scotland with future climate change - even talked about the Elgin floods. :yep:
It's great, we now have a flat! No cardboard box for me. :p:

---
:console: There will be others.

Congrats :biggrin:
Love how when it floods everyone rushes and actually drives to flooded areas just to ogle it!

Don't diss my cardboard box :hand:
Ooooh sounds good, moving up in the world Rosie!
Nice flat?
TheUnbeliever
Couldn't be, sadly. More stuff to pick up from CN?

Just a handout, which probably will be online after the exams.

And aww you missed me getting my second Amazon voucher of the week :wink:
ukdragon37
And aww you missed me getting my second Amazon voucher of the week :wink:

Algorithms comp? :teeth:
TheUnbeliever
Algorithms comp? :teeth:

No, Java 5* :wink:

Apparently someone has an implementation that is much faster than Java's :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending