The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's beginning to get chatty so I've moved the quote in here.

GingerGoat
haha don't believe i was....can't remember which shop is New Look though.....
Can't remember what my profile pic is....may be the one with me in the zombie mask....must be bloody ugly if you recognise me from that!!

It's in St Giles Centre near the benches outside argos. There's not many guys going about with ginger hair like that. :p:

I hate Scotrail.
That's where the Nazi's escaped to. Not Argentina. Scotrail.
It costs £10 just to get to Aberdeen for me, let alone Glasgow. £60 it was gonna cost me last time!!

Yeah, I'm cheaper going to Glasgow than Aberdeen but that's because I just buy my ticket on the day due to laziness.

I'm guessing from your username it was your birthday last week...happy birthday!
Are you back in Elgin at the moment?

Let's Do The Time Warp Again!...
Had to be done...i'm watching it! (sorry if that makes no sense to you!)

Haha, it was and thanks!
Yeah, I'm back home just now - come home for driving lessons! Test soon though.
C274
We just sit and eat sweets :smile:

:zomg: That is a sin!
C274
Nah she's talking about higher.

There was (and still is) only 4 in my AH maths class :awesome: We just sit and eat sweets :smile:

So do we!
We got donuts on international donut day!
We're allowed to eat in class only if we give some to our teacher!
She's so funny, one of the guys was taking the mic out of another guy cause he's from Norway and she started taking the piss out of him cause he's Welsh and said he had a big nose haha it was brilliant XD
How you finding the AH? i lost tonnes of marks in my prelim cause i couldn't ADD! was so silly haha
how'd yours go?
rosie9391
It's beginning to get chatty so I've moved the quote in here.

It's in St Giles Centre near the benches outside argos. There's not many guys going about with ginger hair like that. :p:

Yeah, I'm cheaper going to Glasgow than Aberdeen but that's because I just buy my ticket on the day due to laziness.

Haha, it was and thanks!
Yeah, I'm back home just now - come home for driving lessons! Test soon though.

cheers! :smile:
haha true! i want to get dreads soon :smile: but i'll probably wimp out!
I've got to go through to Aberdeen for brace appointments, costs tonnes...but getting my brace in April :biggrin: so i have to go through two days in a row, grrrrr
Ahhh i'm 18 and only just sent away my provisional, all my friends hated me for being the oldest in the year and not bothering to learn to drive. It costs a fortune though :frown: Esp since i lost my job in Argos due to recession :frown:
Do/get much for your birthday then?
tonnes of people are going to Aberdeen this year for uni rather than the Central Belt, so you'll have tonnes of felllow Elginers this year :P:
GingerGoat
Ahhh i'm 18 and only just sent away my provisional, all my friends hated me for being the oldest in the year and not bothering to learn to drive. It costs a fortune though :frown: Esp since i lost my job in Argos due to recession :frown:

I was the same and didn't start driving until around my 18th... yeah the prices are crazy and I don't think I'll bother getting a car just yet anyway.

Ahh, that sucks. I used to work in Tesco prior to uni but need to get a job for over summer. Offered one in McDonald's, don't really fancy it but beggars can't be choosers. :nope:

Do/get much for your birthday then?
tonnes of people are going to Aberdeen this year for uni rather than the Central Belt, so you'll have tonnes of felllow Elginers this year :p:

Just had a wee get together in halls then went to the pictures and for a few drinks at a mates work.
Haha, there hasn't been too many from ehs this year as Stirling and Napier have been the most popular. I shall keep my eye out. It's great confusing people with the accent/dialect though. :p:
Reply 1585
ukdragon37
:zomg: That is a sin!

So's yer face.

GingerGoat
So do we!
We got donuts on international donut day!
We're allowed to eat in class only if we give some to our teacher!
She's so funny, one of the guys was taking the mic out of another guy cause he's from Norway and she started taking the piss out of him cause he's Welsh and said he had a big nose haha it was brilliant XD
How you finding the AH? i lost tonnes of marks in my prelim cause i couldn't ADD! was so silly haha
how'd yours go?

Haha yeah, my teacher loves the sweets most I think!
Prelim was ****, utter ****. I got 49% the first time it was marked which was a D so my teacher went through it and found an excuse to give me a mark to bring it up to a C :o: Worst mark in the class, the others were 55%, 56% and 72% :|
rosie9391
I was the same and didn't start driving until around my 18th... yeah the prices are crazy and I don't think I'll bother getting a car just yet anyway.

Ahh, that sucks. I used to work in Tesco prior to uni but need to get a job for over summer. Offered one in McDonald's, don't really fancy it but beggars can't be choosers. :nope:

Just had a wee get together in halls then went to the pictures and for a few drinks at a mates work.
Haha, there hasn't been too many from ehs this year as Stirling and Napier have been the most popular. I shall keep my eye out. It's great confusing people with the accent/dialect though. :p:

I know some people whos insurance is actually more than their car cost...that's what puts me off having a car!
Ah McDonalds...even i'd take that at the moment! need a job, but there are practically non. What's Tesco like to work for? as i've just applied for a job there :p:
What course are you doing?
Everyone last year from the caddy went to Glasgow but now it's RGU that is the main place. :P: Just means i'm gonna be a loner down south!
C274
So's yer face.

Haha yeah, my teacher loves the sweets most I think!
Prelim was ****, utter ****. I got 49% the first time it was marked which was a D so my teacher went through it and found an excuse to give me a mark to bring it up to a C :o: Worst mark in the class, the others were 55%, 56% and 72% :|

one girl in our class got 6%.....NOT a typo!....6%....
One guy got something like 90%! Was crazy :P:
Just hope it'll be better in the final exam! So i can have a nice easy first year at Uni, lots of class exemptions etc :P:
What other subjects do you take? How'd they go for your prelims?
GingerGoat
What's Tesco like to work for? as i've just applied for a job there :p:

Personally, I didn't really enjoy my two and a half years there. I found it all very cliquey with the management but most of the time you just got on with it. I was on the checkouts so rather dull, a lot of small talk but easy work and Sunday nights were good fun as it's mostly students working there. The pay is great for our age - £6.49ish and Sunday is time and a half. :awesome:

What course are you doing?
Everyone last year from the caddy went to Glasgow but now it's RGU that is the main place. :P: Just means i'm gonna be a loner down south!

Main degree is Geography but I'm also doing Petroleum Geology, Sustainable Development and Marine Resource Management. :biggrin:
I wouldn't worry about it, it's actually great to start a fresh and if you're going for halls, it's a great way to meet new people!
Reply 1589
GingerGoat
one girl in our class got 6%.....NOT a typo!....6%....
One guy got something like 90%! Was crazy :P:
Just hope it'll be better in the final exam! So i can have a nice easy first year at Uni, lots of class exemptions etc :P:
What other subjects do you take? How'd they go for your prelims?

Poor girl!

I got an A for higher Physics and a B for AH chemistry, I was so happy with that chemistry mark I could have done a victory dance around the class. I didn't, though.
rosie9391
Personally, I didn't really enjoy my two and a half years there. I found it all very cliquey with the management but most of the time you just got on with it. I was on the checkouts so rather dull, a lot of small talk but easy work and Sunday nights were good fun as it's mostly students working there. The pay is great for our age - £6.49ish and Sunday is time and a half. :awesome:

Main degree is Geography but I'm also doing Petroleum Geology, Sustainable Development and Marine Resource Management. :biggrin:
I wouldn't worry about it, it's actually great to start a fresh and if you're going for halls, it's a great way to meet new people!

Pay does sound good, i love time and a half on Sundays :smile: as its always not very busy on Sunday! so easy money :smile:
Ah ''Petroleum Geology'' can see why you are in Aberdeen :wink:
What's it like moving into halls then? How'd you find making new friends etc?
C274
Poor girl!

I got an A for higher Physics and a B for AH chemistry, I was so happy with that chemistry mark I could have done a victory dance around the class. I didn't, though.

Congrats :biggrin:
Ah our AH Chemistry teacher, is rather crazy, she does impressions of Carbon - Carbon deformations and stuff by dancing about haha
First time i've had polarisation explained by someone dancing into a door!
GingerGoat
Ah ''Petroleum Geology'' can see why you are in Aberdeen :wink:

:awesome: I'm actually really enjoying that course especially since it's a brand new subject for me.

What's it like moving into halls then? How'd you find making new friends etc?

At first it was a bit strange losing home comforts :o: but once you settle in and make the place your own, it's great. I'm in catered halls so it's ace having dinners and everything together although the food is pants. There's always something going on and people will entertain you. Since coming here I've never watched so many bloody movies and everyone just hangs about in each others rooms - it's great, never bored really.

Making friends was very easy here, the layout of everything helped as I'm in a long corridor and basically everyone just got on like a house on fire. Love it and highly recommend halls for first year. :yep:
rosie9391
:awesome: I'm actually really enjoying that course especially since it's a brand new subject for me.

At first it was a bit strange losing home comforts :o: but once you settle in and make the place your own, it's great. I'm in catered halls so it's ace having dinners and everything together although the food is pants. There's always something going on and people will entertain you. Since coming here I've never watched so many bloody movies and everyone just hangs about in each others rooms - it's great, never bored really.

Making friends was very easy here, the layout of everything helped as I'm in a long corridor and basically everyone just got on like a house on fire. Love it and highly recommend halls for first year. :yep:

That's the only thing that would worry me, that it would feel like a hotel rather than a home.
I'm gonna get a lava lamp. That'll make it like a home :smile:
GingerGoat
That's the only thing that would worry me, that it would feel like a hotel rather than a home.
I'm gonna get a lava lamp. That'll make it like a home :smile:

I took alot of stuff to make it more homely - sheepy/fluffy rug, curtains, cushions, posters (well OS maps :o:), tv, postcards from various holidays so one wall is filled, wooden carvings from africa... you get the idea. :p:
rosie9391
I took alot of stuff to make it more homely - sheepy/fluffy rug, curtains, cushions, posters (well OS maps :o:), tv, postcards from various holidays so one wall is filled, wooden carvings from africa... you get the idea. :p:

Sounds cosy but geographical ordance survey maps on the walls? :laugh:
rosie9391

My walls at home COMPLETELY covered with photos. Literally wall to wall :smile: What did you miss most when you left home then?
Delicious Pokemans in 7 nearly 6 days :teehee:

Lala. Might flip a coin for firm/insurance decision later on.
Stupid useless Chemistry project. Stop mocking me with your pathetic 300 words.
GingerGoat
Well I'm a guy and all my friends are over 6 foot and i'm about 5' 7 :P:
It's a hard life!
But i'm taller than the missus (just!), so that's all that matters! :smile:

Sucks to be short- I know I'm not THAT short but I feel small compared to all of my friends :p: .

Latest

Trending

Trending