The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pedrobear
:lolwut: Jesus that's a bit bloody harsh! I can see why it'd annoy them but that response was just childish really.

Madjack wonders if there is anyway he can get out of St Andrews. A sign pops up: THIS IS NOT AN EXIT.
Reply 1781
Madjackismad
Madjack wonders if there is anyway he can get out of St Andrews. A sign pops up: THIS IS NOT AN EXIT.

American Psycho? :moon:
Madjackismad

zomg I didn't even notice your sig. Have you officially firmed it?
LuhLah
Cut throat world. :p:

I was tempted to email the medicine department at Cambridge once with this:
"Hiz

Im did Higher Dance drama, int 2 cookery nd i got DDN/A im doin AH jewelery makin n int 2 cake decoration this yeer

can i get an unconditionals plz cos im realli good cuz i know the digestive system like the back o ma haund

thanks xx"

I would've been taken away by the thought police. :rofl:

I would love it way too much if you done that :biggrin:
LuhLah
American Psycho? :moon:

Yes from the novel. Go and read it! GO! It links in with the Dante's Inferno quote at the beginning. His life will continue to descend into a living hell, he cannot get out, it's actually talking about modern society... blah blah blah.

Pedrobear

zomg I didn't even notice your sig. Have you officially firmed it?

Yes, after speaking to my parents again, my big brother, my little brother, my girlfriend, my friends and my teachers. I decided that I wanted to go somewhere new and refreshing because as you said in your PM, I know the West End of Glasgow like the back of my hand. :awesome:
Madjackismad
Yes, after speaking to my parents again, my big brother, my little brother, my girlfriend, my friends and my teachers. I decided that I wanted to go somewhere new and refreshing because as you said in your PM, I know the West End of Glasgow like the back of my hand. :awesome:

:party:!
Pedrobear
:party:!

It took me a long ******* time to reach the decision. :p: But yeah, I'm happy with my choice, everyone is. And I will be in a foam party (maybe with Meteorshower :awesome:) and I will make sure that I don't step on the cursed cobblestone and if I do, I will jump into the sea during the May Dip. :sexface:

In short, I can't ******* wait. :biggrin:

Have you decided where you want to go?
Madjackismad
I know the West End of Glasgow like the back of my hand. :awesome:

Don't worry, it'll take you all of about 20 minutes to know St Andy's just as well. :wink:

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 1788
Pedrobear
:rofl:

Incidentally, I wonder if universities often get hatemail and stuff like that after rejections and whatnot? Looking at some TSR threads I wouldn't be surprised. :nothing:

I ALWAYZ PREFERED 0XFORD ANYWAYS!1!1

"I bet you anything MY place was taken by a PLEB!!"

It's amazing how sooo many people on here complain about the working class going to uni
Madjackismad
It took me a long ******* time to reach the decision. :p: But yeah, I'm happy with my choice, everyone is. And I will be in a foam party (maybe with Meteorshower :awesome) and I will make sure that I don't step on the cursed cobblestone and if I do, I will jump into the sea during the May Dip. :sexface:

In short, I can't ******* wait. :biggrin:

Have you decided where you want to go?

:smile: It's a great choice whichever way you look at it, as you doubtless know.

Yea, Edinburgh firm/Aberdeen insurance. Always kinda knew Edinburgh was my first choice but last night confirmed it as I absolutely fell in love with the place. :3
A Large Town In France
Don't worry, it'll take you all of about 20 minutes to know St Andy's just as well. :wink:

Congratulations :smile:

:awesome:

I don't know, I guess I just wanted to go somewhere quiet. Well quieter than the City of Glasgow anyway. I know that I will probably be sacrificing the social element (hopefully not too much) but you don't go to university primarily for the parties, do you? :wink: But yeah, St Andrews is a really nice little place and I'm really looking forward to it. :awesome:
Reply 1791
Madjackismad
Yes from the novel. Go and read it! GO! It links in with the Dante's Inferno quote at the beginning. His life will continue to descend into a living hell, he cannot get out, it's actually talking about modern society... blah blah blah.

I did.

It was rather horrible.
Pedrobear
:smile: It's a great choice whichever way you look at it, as you doubtless know.

Yea, Edinburgh firm/Aberdeen insurance. Always kinda knew Edinburgh was my first choice but last night confirmed it as I absolutely fell in love with the place. :3

Woo! Congratulations. :biggrin: I've always loved St Andrews as a town tbh.
Reply 1793
Ecosse_14
I would love it way too much if you done that :biggrin:

Lol.
LuhLah
I did.

It was rather horrible.

Oh god, another example of being put off by the violence and not considering the deeper meanings and the social commentary. :sigh:

:p:

I thought you only watched the film? Which misses out so many parts from the novel.
Reply 1795
Madjackismad
Oh god, another example of being put off by the violence and not considering the deeper meanings and the social commentary. :sigh:

:p:

I thought you only watched the film? Which misses out so many parts from the novel.

Nope, I read it.

It's horrible in an effective way if you get me. I like social commentary with the 80s vanity e.t.c.
LuhLah
Nope, I read it.

It's horrible in an effective way if you get me. I like social commentary with the 80s vanity e.t.c.

Yeah, most trangressive fiction is like that. You should read A Clockwork Orange, it's an excellent novel. Crime and Punishment is very good, but quite difficult to get into and it's pretty long.
Reply 1797
Argh my cousin is choosing his highers and he's like "what's higher maths like?"

I told him that you'll hate it as you begin, but after the first few NABs and the prelim, you'll find it's not too bad and the exam is quite simple with practice. I wish I knew this when I started. :rolleyes:
Reply 1798
Madjackismad
Yeah, most trangressive fiction is like that. You should read A Clockwork Orange, it's an excellent novel. Crime and Punishment is very good, but quite difficult to get into and it's pretty long.

I was going to do 'A Clockwork Orange' for my PSL :p:

I was also into Victorian literature until we did Jekyll and Hyde. :nothing:
Ecosse_14
Good! It's Aberdeen, yeah?
Yeah, i'm good thanks. Firmed St Andrews for management and my insurance is Dundee of business management :biggrin: can't wait! haha :woo:

Yip, Aberdeen.
That's great! Uni is brilliant, such a change from school.

xo-Heva
Yes, come to Elgin!
Everybody loves Elgin :teeth:
I still can't believe I've not bumped into Rosie yet...

Haha, I know! We both used to work in the Saturday market around the same time too. The thread seems to be having an invasion from Elgin. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending