The Student Room Group

Starbucks, Costa or Caffe Nero?

Poll

Which do you prefer Starbucks, Costa or Caffe Nero?

(Just a question motivated by another thread)

This is sort of an on going argument amoungst me and my friends when we want to meet for a coffee. Which place is best to meet and have a nice chat in?

I'm personally a fan of Costa. The coffee's pritty good, not as expensive as Starbucks or as bitter as Nero and the place has a nice ambience.

Which do you prefer and why not the others?

Scroll to see replies

Starbucks
Starbucks all the way dude!! :woo:
Reply 3
I can't drink caffeine, and Starbucks do awful hot chocolate, so I prefer Costa, never been to Caffe Nero. I prefer Coffee Republic to both of them though.
Of those 3, I agree with the OP, Costa's the nicest.

Given the choice though, I would always pick the much smaller chain, Coffee #1, as they have loaaaads of squashy chairs and sofas and their coffee is much better than (and about half the price of) the 3 chains mentioned.

Plus, as mentioned on the thread this one stems from, they do steamed apple juice and cinnamon :sogood:
Starbucks Ftw!!!!! :d
Reply 6
Starbucks! I just love their frappucinos too much

But for atmosphere it's got to be Coffee Republic for me, Starbucks is always rammed full...
Reply 7
I'm in Starbucks right now actually..... :tongue:
Reply 8
Costa lemon cake :coma: :coma: :coma:
Reply 9
For Coffee: Caffe Nero
For Tea: Costa Coffee (they have Twinings)
For Frappaccinos: Starbucks
Juan Valdez, unfortunately they haven't gotten their arses over here yet :dry:
Out of those 3 - Costa.
Reply 11
Starbucks.
Toffee Nut Latte at christmas :coma:
mel0n
Costa lemon cake :coma: :coma: :coma:

Oh my god. That is beaut. Having some Costa Lemon Cake with some Earl Gray, beaut.
Smeh
Starbucks.
Toffee Nut Latte at christmas :coma:

THIS!

double mocha macchiato is awesome too
Out of the three, Caffe Nero's got the best coffee.
Reply 15
gotta be Bratsucks coffee... mmmmmm i cant wait for my next Bratsucks large one. yummy
Reply 16
Starbucks is ****. Nero does the best coffee but I love Costa Coffee for the simple fact that because of them I can have a coffee shop and a Waterstones in one building.
Reply 17
Costa till I ******* die.
Reply 18
Starbucks! Where else can I get my Vanilla Irish Cream Lattes? Not that they actually have the other two where I live, but I wasn't won over anytime I have been in them.
hot chocolate milano from caffe nero!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending