The Student Room Group

I want to find a job for the summer

Hiya,

I'm turning 16th in April and will finish my GCSEs this year. I was wondering during the summer holidays if I could apply to Tesco's as a cashier or smthing? My mum's a Tesco worker rn but idk if that'll help my situation if ygm?

Or are there any other jobs that don't necessarily require my GCSE certificate (since like how do I get tht if I want to start working b4 results day?) and are part time?

Honestly I don't mind payment as long as it's above £4 per hour, I just don't want to feel bored.
Most summer jobs won’t care for your GCSEs regardless of having the certification! Hospitality would be good if you can get a job in a cafe or smth?

Legally they have to pay you a minimum of £5.28 an hr (as of this Saturday) so please do not accept less than that because that is illegal!
i will try to apply to a starbucks near me as I know that Costa doesn't take in 16 year olds! And thank you I will deffo make sure to not get under paid!!!
Good luck getting a job at 16
I would make use of any local facebook neighbourhood groups. Put a post out advertising your availability and see what comes back. Alternatively I know a local student that makes £14 per hour dog walking. Although you need insurance and come level of experience or knowledge to do this. not impossible though!
Original post by limbobimbo
Hiya,

I'm turning 16th in April and will finish my GCSEs this year. I was wondering during the summer holidays if I could apply to Tesco's as a cashier or smthing? My mum's a Tesco worker rn but idk if that'll help my situation if ygm?

Or are there any other jobs that don't necessarily require my GCSE certificate (since like how do I get tht if I want to start working b4 results day?) and are part time?

Honestly I don't mind payment as long as it's above £4 per hour, I just don't want to feel bored.

Most places wont take you on until you finish school (I.E. the end of june in year 11). But after the end of june you can work wherever you want. You might have more luck getting a permanent job (and continue with it alongside college/6th form) than just a summer one.
But you could get a job at shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, local attractions, touristy type places etc etc.
Reply 6
yh im planning to work after June since i wanna enjoy 1 month of freedom but then imma get bored so imma deffo start applying to supermarkets etc. This wont be my permanent job doe, just a summer job since as soon as i get my certificate, imma start tutoring kids since i got connections etc

Original post by Emma:-)
Most places wont take you on until you finish school (I.E. the end of june in year 11). But after the end of june you can work wherever you want. You might have more luck getting a permanent job (and continue with it alongside college/6th form) than just a summer one.
But you could get a job at shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, local attractions, touristy type places etc etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending