The Student Room Group

Starbucks, Costa or Caffe Nero?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Costa every time :biggrin: mmmmmmm.....
do a poll

costa
Reply 102
Caffe Nero have the best food. I hate coffee so I can't distinguish on that.
Starbucks, I'm not really a fan of the coffee in Costa, it's definitely not as nice. Also frapuccinos are pretty awesome and the atmospher in the starbucks in my hometown is pretty good, with comfy chairs. I've yet to go to Caffe Nero, so can't really comment on that.
Costa is the best...don't do coffee. more of a hot choccy man myself :biggrin:
I love hot chocolate from Costa!!!!
Reply 106
Cafe nero... best hot chocolate by far
Costa everytime. my friend works there so... diiiiscounts :wink:
although for some reason, the costa near my school is so much cheaper than the one in town. weird.

But anywhere with good music, squishy sofas that you can't get up from, and drink in mugs that are MASSIVE compared to take out = win.

The Starbucks in Keswick, Cumbria is my favourite ever coffee shop though
dont buy from american corporations!
Reply 109
maxi321
(Just a question motivated by another thread)

This is sort of an on going argument amoungst me and my friends when we want to meet for a coffee. Which place is best to meet and have a nice chat in?

I'm personally a fan of Costa. The coffee's pritty good, not as expensive as Starbucks or as bitter as Nero and the place has a nice ambience.

Which do you prefer and why not the others?

STARBUCKS :biggrin: their frapaccinos are lush
lefneosan
dont buy from american corporations!

Why not?
Nero Mocha's nomomomoomomoonomomonmonomom
Reply 112
Bluelight
hot chocolate milano from caffe nero!

-drool- This!

And their coffee is nice too :yep:
Neros ftw. There is one directly opposite work, they may as well just pay my wages straight across and reimburse me in chai lattes.
Costa are the best all rounders. Coffee wise, starbucks produce the worst latté and cappucino in store although the grounds they sell are by far the nicest. Nero are so so for both sitting and relaxing and quality of coffee.

Papa Costa in Bristol though, damn nice cappucinos. Non-chain stores always have the upper hand imo.
maxi321
(Just a question motivated by another thread)

This is sort of an on going argument amoungst me and my friends when we want to meet for a coffee. Which place is best to meet and have a nice chat in?

I'm personally a fan of Costa. The coffee's pritty good, not as expensive as Starbucks or as bitter as Nero and the place has a nice ambience.

Which do you prefer and why not the others?

I prefer Costa because the food, the drinks and the chairs are MUCH nicer than the other two places. The only negative about Costa is that they don't offer white hot chocolate which Starbucks do.
Reply 116
Costa has decent food, Coffee is ok, I'm just used to it. I am Anti-Starbucks anyway.
Costacostacosta :smile:
All three taste great, but Costa pips them at the post. Nero has loyalty cards though so it comes a close second (cheaper coffee tastes almost as good as better coffee).
Reply 119
starbucks..!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending