The Student Room Group

Theatre Studies to Mental Health Nursing.

Hi everyone,

Really random, but in desperate need of guidance. I have applied to university to do a Theatre Studies degree. I'm now really starting to question it. I am aware that many universities once your offered a place allow you to switch to another course, I was just wondering how possible it is to change your course from Theatre Studies to Mental Health Nursing? If it's even possible at all...

Thanks for listening, hope someone has some words of wisdom for me!

xxx
tinkerbell92x
Hi everyone,

Really random, but in desperate need of guidance. I have applied to university to do a Theatre Studies degree. I'm now really starting to question it. I am aware that many universities once your offered a place allow you to switch to another course, I was just wondering how possible it is to change your course from Theatre Studies to Mental Health Nursing? If it's even possible at all...

Thanks for listening, hope someone has some words of wisdom for me!

xxx

i wouldnt imagin you wouldnt be allowed as they are very different subjects. i did musical theater as my first degree and you could change uni and do something like dance or lighting design but you could not change to nursing, you may be able to change to english at a push as there is a lot of litrature in theatre studies. nursing has specific guide lines for admission so they look at people on an intervidual basis.
if you really wanted to do it this year you could cancel your offers and go through extra for nursing and write a new personal statement saying why you have change your mind. or wait til next ucas cycle with a brand new application. but i wouldnt advice starting you degree for a year then giving it up for nuring, it could be potrayed as lack of direction.
Reply 2
Aww thankyou so much thats given me hope!!! :smile: i will ring tommorow and check out what they say, thankyou xxx
Reply 3
yes, i think as long as you have the correct requirements and grades, it is not too hard to change course, especially before you start the first year! it's if you decide to change at the end of your first/beginning of you second year that it gets difficult as you will have missed out on a year's worth of nursing

Latest

Trending

Trending