The Student Room Group

STILL Confused!

Hey there,
I have to hand in my A-Level choices in soon, and I'm just so stuck on what to choose for the last two options.
I'm hoping to study English Lit/Roman or Russian Civilisation or Law, or Pharmacy/Pharmacology - just some things I've looked ahead at and it seems interesting, however it will probably change so I want to keep my uni/career paths open.

So far I've chosen...

English Literature

Philosophy and Ethics

Now I'm stuck between choosing (I need 2)...
Chemistry (OCR)/Biology (OCR)/Economics (AQA)/Government & Politics (Edexcel)

Now I know for Pharmacy/Pharmacology you need Chem, but I'm not entirely sure on taking it incase I absolutely loath it in AS. However I've really enjoyed it at GCSE (especially AQA Additional Science Chemistry) - and I am currently working at an A.

Can anybody give me an idea of the OCR Chem A course (workload, difficulty, the between AS and GCSE)?

Can anybody tell me more about Gov & Politics? (My sixth form didn't really describe it well in their prospectus)

Sorry this was lengthly! I just don't want to **** it up
Thanks
Reply 1
Annie038
Hey there,
I have to hand in my A-Level choices in soon, and I'm just so stuck on what to choose for the last two options.
I'm hoping to study English Lit/Roman or Russian Civilisation or Law, or Pharmacy/Pharmacology - just some things I've looked ahead at and it seems interesting, however it will probably change so I want to keep my uni/career paths open.

So far I've chosen...

English Literature

Philosophy and Ethics

Now I'm stuck between choosing (I need 2)...
Chemistry (OCR)/Biology (OCR)/Economics (AQA)/Government & Politics (Edexcel)

Now I know for Pharmacy/Pharmacology you need Chem, but I'm not entirely sure on taking it incase I absolutely loath it in AS. However I've really enjoyed it at GCSE (especially AQA Additional Science Chemistry) - and I am currently working at an A.

Can anybody give me an idea of the OCR Chem A course (workload, difficulty, the between AS and GCSE)?

Can anybody tell me more about Gov & Politics? (My sixth form didn't really describe it well in their prospectus)

Sorry this was lengthly! I just don't want to **** it up
Thanks

I found AS chem very interesting, did ocr a. it was pretty easy imo, but some will say otherwise. and apparently it gets pretty hard at a2. i didnt really work that hard at gcse so cant tell you the difference between gcse and alevel but like any other gcse to alevel theres probably a big jump.
Reply 2
If its OCR Salters B your doing for Chem. Don't.

I would say Maybe Biology/Chem to keep your Pharamcy side open.
Reply 3
nurse207
I found AS chem very interesting, did ocr a. it was pretty easy imo, but some will say otherwise. and apparently it gets pretty hard at a2. i didnt really work that hard at gcse so cant tell you the difference between gcse and alevel but like any other gcse to alevel theres probably a big jump.

I looked at some past papers and they don't look too difficult, so I think I'll take Chem and Bio and see how September goes :smile:
Reply 4
gozatron
If its OCR Salters B your doing for Chem. Don't.

I would say Maybe Biology/Chem to keep your Pharamcy side open.

I think I'll go with Chem and Bio. Thanks

Latest