The Student Room Group

2nd stage appeal / preliminary stage

Hi there,

When receiving my A-Level grades, I was instantly confused with one and sent it off to be reviewed and it was marked up. However, the grade it rose to still seemed a bit wrong. I have spoken to my teacher and they said that there is a possibility it could still go up a grade, thus, I will submit a second/preliminary stage appeal. The issue is, I do not want it to get marked back down but I have been assured that that is highly unlikely. I was wondering if anyone has gone through the same process and what the outcome was. Did it get marked back down or marked up? Thanks.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Can you apply to get your paper sent back to you so you can have a look at it to see if it is worth it? That's what I did to make sure that it was worth getting re-marked, but it might not work if it is a time sensitive issue.
Reply 2
Original post by -mia-
Can you apply to get your paper sent back to you so you can have a look at it to see if it is worth it? That's what I did to make sure that it was worth getting re-marked, but it might not work if it is a time sensitive issue.

It got sent back to me during the first appeal. I found it weird because I didn’t see a big difference between the work I was doing throughout the 2 years (which I got A’s on). But then again, the mark scheme is confusing and I cannot understand it particularly well. Talking to my teacher, It seems that I can’t lose anything by appealing again. It’s also incredibly annoying considering my other 2 Alevel results were miles better that that so I’m put in quite a bizarre situation.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest