The Student Room Group

Mature student, Living at home

Hi,
I was hoping someone could give me some advice.
I will be studying nursing starting September 24, I am 29 and am living at home with my parents.
Will my parents income be taken into account when I apply for finance? I have been financially independent for 10+ years however on the student finance calculator it is still asking me to input my household income.
All in all I'm confused by the whole process :confused: so would appreciate any insight
Original post by millpool
Hi,
I will be studying nursing starting September 24, I am 29 and am living at home with my parents.
Will my parents income be taken into account when I apply for finance? I have been financially independent for 10+ years however on the student finance calculator it is still asking me to input my household income.
All in all I'm confused by the whole process :confused: so would appreciate any insight

Hi there,

What is your Marital Status? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi,

Hi there,

What is your Marital Status? Thanks, Ross

Single with no dependents
Hi,

Hi there,

As you are over the age of 25 we will not require any information from your parents as you are classed as an Independent student however when we ask for your living location you will need to indicate that you still live with your parents.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi,

Hi there,

As you are over the age of 25 we will not require any information from your parents as you are classed as an Independent student however when we ask for your living location you will need to indicate that you still live with your parents.

Thanks, Drew

That’s great, thank you for clearing that up
Hi there,

Thanks, Drew

That’s great, thank you for clearing that up
Hi there,

You're welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending