The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

TheTallOne
The use of routers are not permitted - you can only connect one device at a time.

You need an Ethernet cable to connect though.

Oh what a shame :frown:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
TheTallOne
You can't smoke inside - the fire alarms will go off. You have to smoke outside.

The fire alarms in the rooms and corridors are particle sensors so small amounts of smoke, steam or deodorant/hair spray have been known to set them off. The kitchens I know don't have particle detectors, but heat sensors, however enough smoke can set the alarms off still.

dunno...i for one know my ex smoke shiiiiiiiiiiit load of cigs in her room with her friends when they were holed up in there (although tbf the cleaner on our floor was super nice and prob didnt care). (other friends living in diff halls also got away with it...except when they made ash burns on carpet - thats when they got owned).

i also know one of my friends smoked shiiiiiiiiiiit loads of pot in his room.

neither got caught.

well my friend was warned when people from upstairs complained but thats about it.

anyway, can be done...but not advisable either way!
abrp
dunno...i for one know my ex smoke shiiiiiiiiiiit load of cigs in her room with her friends when they were holed up in there (although tbf the cleaner on our floor was super nice and prob didnt care). (other friends living in diff halls also got away with it...except when they made ash burns on carpet - thats when they got owned).

i also know one of my friends smoked shiiiiiiiiiiit loads of pot in his room.

neither got caught.

well my friend was warned when people from upstairs complained but thats about it.

anyway, can be done...but not advisable either way!

Perhaps it was the sensitive smoke detectors in our rooms in JM1 :dontknow:

We were having an average of more than 1 fire alarm per week in terms 1 and 2 and were getting alarms for trivial reasons such as hairspray and hair straighteners.

Although come to think of it, I know people in Rootes who smoked cigars in their rooms without an alarm. Perhaps you need to test the water with how many particles you can have before the alarm goes off :p:
Reply 583
Cover the fire alarm with a sock?
also is it true that the tescos by campus sells halal meat?
no_more_heroes

Yes they do.
no_more_heroes

WHAT WHERE?!:eek3:
The little welcome book Warwick sent us says:

"You should choose your modules online (unless your department does not use eVision Module Registration) through your my.warwick portal after you have enrolled. It is advisable to register module choices early, please note the deadline given to you by your department."

Do we get some more information on this ?

I've never been told what the deadline is ?
http://www.warwicksu.com/ents/event/6590/?skin=CopperRooms&template=CopperRooms_0910

http://www.warwicksu.com/ents/event/6591/?skin=CopperRooms&template=CopperRooms_0910

I know the if you go to the Freshers Fair on Saturday and get the Freshers T-Shirt you get free entry to the party on Saturday, but apparently there's also party on Sunday. Do you get free entry to that with the Saturday t-shirt too?
Reply 589
Zweihander
http://www.warwicksu.com/ents/event/6590/?skin=CopperRooms&template=CopperRooms_0910

http://www.warwicksu.com/ents/event/6591/?skin=CopperRooms&template=CopperRooms_0910

I know the if you go to the Freshers Fair on Saturday and get the Freshers T-Shirt you get free entry to the party on Saturday, but apparently there's also party on Sunday. Do you get free entry to that with the Saturday t-shirt too?

Each party requires a different T-shirt.
tommy5x
Each party requires a different T-shirt.

Each shirt costs £5 right? Any idea how it costs without the shirt?
Reply 591
Each shirt is £5, and they're the only way to get in,
Do alot of people smoke there? Or not?
tommy5x
Each shirt is £5, and they're the only way to get in,

You cant get in with the Freshers Pass?
Reply 594
I don't know, that bit is very ambiguous, but they made a point pf mentioning T-shirts :-/
Do any 2nd/3rd years know if there's usually any parties off-campus worth going to during Freshers fortnight? I'd imagine some of the clubs usually mentioned on here (Smack etc) might hold freshers events, nein?
Reply 596
no_more_heroes

Costcrappers sells it too.
Reply 597
Zweihander
Do any 2nd/3rd years know if there's usually any parties off-campus worth going to during Freshers fortnight? I'd imagine some of the clubs usually mentioned on here (Smack etc) might hold freshers events, nein?

Smack isn't doing anything for Freshers. It's recently been renovated (and I haven't been since the renovation), but Tuesdays are pretty decent (£1 VodBull all night). Evolve is the other 'big' club in Leam, but I don't go there at all really. Then Cov has a few clubs, but again maybe some of the 2nd/3rd years can tell you about that.
Zweihander
You cant get in with the Freshers Pass?

Last year the freshers fortnight pass covered Monday to the Skool Dayz 2 Saturdays later.

You have to pay for each Arrivals Weekend party t shirt.
miml
Smack isn't doing anything for Freshers. It's recently been renovated (and I haven't been since the renovation), but Tuesdays are pretty decent (£1 VodBull all night). Evolve is the other 'big' club in Leam, but I don't go there at all really. Then Cov has a few clubs, but again maybe some of the 2nd/3rd years can tell you about that.

Kasbah in Coventry and Gatecrasher in B'ham are the clubs that also seemed popular in my social group.

Quick Reply

Latest