The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

diabolosam
is leamington spa within biking distance of the uni?

About 6 miles between the parade and the campus.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Do we need to bring our own iron?
Would it be worth handing a CV into Tesco at Cannon Park even though I'd be unable to work weekends?
how does kitchen storage work. do we get our own cupboards pick frm advance or is it first come first serve for them. and also fringe.
thanks
Is it possible to submit my photo online without finishing up my enrolment first????(there's been a problem with my passport name so I'm waiting for student records' to fix it).i tried signing on as per the online submission guide but can't really seem to log in.........????
Can you opt out of the NUS without opting out of the Warwick Students UNion?
Makaveli_The_Don
Do we need to bring our own iron?

Yes. An ironing board should be provided.
victor_b1992
how does kitchen storage work. do we get our own cupboards pick frm advance or is it first come first serve for them. and also fringe.
thanks

First come first served - arrive on the Saturday :smile:

If there is limited cupboard space something will need to be sorted out between the kitchen.
defying_gravity
Is it possible to submit my photo online without finishing up my enrolment first????(there's been a problem with my passport name so I'm waiting for student records' to fix it).i tried signing on as per the online submission guide but can't really seem to log in.........????

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/ourservices/enrolment/welcome/enrolment/unicard

Yeah. You can submit your photo before you enrol, just use your uni number and DOB.

WRT to the name - the uni got my name wrong so I just went to the registration on arrivals weekend with my passport - they then changed it while I collected my uni card.
poossum123
Can you opt out of the NUS without opting out of the Warwick Students UNion?

PresidentWarwickSU

I think Warwick SU membership has to come with NUS membership because the union is a member of the NUS.

But the president, Daniel Stevens, will know for sure :smile:
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't got my glasses on so can't read through it all :rolleyes: I'm gonna be living off campus, most likely in Leamington. Which bus pass should I get? Thanks :smile:
LolaCherryCola
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't got my glasses on so can't read through it all :rolleyes: I'm gonna be living off campus, most likely in Leamington. Which bus pass should I get? Thanks :smile:

If you are in Leamington, you have two choices - the Travel Coventry 12 (which costs £215, goes from Leam to Coventry via the uni and includes buses around Coventry and takes a minimum of 30 minutes or so to get from Leam to Uni). The Stagecoach Warwickshire's U1/U2 service with the Unirider (which costs £252, U1 goes to and from Leamington and Uni only and takes a minimum of 20 minutes to get from Leam to Uni).

U1 is about 10 minutes shorter journey compared to the 12. Look at the timetables for the frequency, but the U1 is slightly more frequent than the 12 when it comes to the evening, after 6 or 7.

Summary:
U1 costs £37 more for the 3 terms.
U1 is about 10 minutes faster than the 12.
U1 has a more frequent service in the evenings.
Getting the Travel Coventry 12 gets you all the buses with the Travel Coventry network. Unirider only gives you access to the Unibus services.
do we get printing credit or do we have to buy them. if the printing credits are given, are they enough.
Reply 793
victor_b1992
do we get printing credit or do we have to buy them. if the printing credits are given, are they enough.

Usually you have to buy all your printer credits (6p per page for A4 black and white). However, for some subjects they will give you free printer credits, I'm not sure how many though. Also if you're doing computer science, you can print for free from a computer science IT room.
Reply 794
victor_b1992

Engineers get £20 worth free.
Bulric2
Engineers get £20 worth free.

but is that enough for the year :s-smilie:
Reply 796
victor_b1992
but is that enough for the year :s-smilie:

Unless you're an utter tit and insist on colour print outs, yes it is.
6p a page?!? That's ****ing extortion!!!
Reply 798
Where do I find the tuition invoice on my.warwick
I've just done my ITS account.

I'm very confused on where to access my email? Why do we have 2 emails address?

Quick Reply

Latest