The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Orginally, I had 16 pieces- I was so smart, they all matched, were right for the climate (mind you I come form a climate where it can get 130 F), etc. And they wouldn't take up much room.

And this summer, I've been buying...and buying....and buying! I just love fashion. It is my studies, after all.

So, I think that 16 is up just a bit :smile: I would say in the early 20s now...

(I may or may not of bought 3 pairs of shoes yesterday. But they are pratcical, comfortable, and for uni!!)

No more, no more! At least until I get to London :wink:
I need to buy some more basic clothes, I think. Jeans, nice skirts, basic tops. And shoes that are made of something other than fabric, so I can go out in the rain.

I'm planning on buying some of those cheap pashmina things (2 for a fiver on Oxford St type cheap); one cream, one black and one green, to wear as scarves with my green, black and white tweed coat.

I'm getting one of those small suitcases, so I can use it to take home with me. I'll try and bring only enough clothes to fit in that. That way, any clothes I collect during the year won't mean tat I need two trips home with my stuff.
Reply 22
...Sprigged...
So, I think that 16 is up just a bit :smile: I would say in the early 20s now...

still very good! I'm not sure I can reduce my wardrobe to 20 something essentials... my stuff is not really colour coordinated either...

I need to buy some more basic clothes, I think. Jeans, nice skirts, basic tops. And shoes that are made of something other than fabric, so I can go out in the rain.

I'm planning on buying some of those cheap pashmina things (2 for a fiver on Oxford St type cheap); one cream, one black and one green, to wear as scarves with my green, black and white tweed coat.

yeah, i think I need some more basics too, tops and jumpers, I don't like the ones i have right now , although I have loads... :redface: :frown:

I'll try to resit buying more clothes for uni, but it's going to be hard.

Good idea with the scarfs though, they are cheap but brighten up everything - I only have one black pashmina :rolleyes:
I think I might need to buy some coloured one too, but I wouldn't know which colours to get
WHAT??? i havent started packing yet!!!!!!!
Reply 24
Soapysudds1
WHAT??? i havent started packing yet!!!!!!!

I haven't started either yet, just trying to work out what to pack when the time comes so I don't pack the wrong things :smile:
Reply 25
Im just gonna go up with 5 suitcases or so.. Im gonna take my whole bedroom.

all my clothes. plus Im gonna buy loads of new clothes when I get there, like on the weekend before freshers week to make sure I can last the whole term.

btw I havent started either.. dont you think it's like, a month and a half early?
Reply 26
Adarah
I haven't started either yet, just trying to work out what to pack when the time comes so I don't pack the wrong things :smile:

How can you pack the wrong things - just pack the stuff you wear now, it's not any different
Reply 27
question... how does one get to manchester with 4 or 5 suitcases?
Im thinking 3 or 4 trips throughout the term...
Reply 28
I'm just going to take all of the clothes that I wear (or think I might wear). I'm terrrible though, because I work in a clothes shop I see new things I want all the time, and usually end up buying it all. I fear that my wardrobe won't be big enough...my current on is straining under the pressure and its a big, double doored one that goes nearly up to my ceiling! :frown:
Reply 29
Fleece
How can you pack the wrong things - just pack the stuff you wear now, it's not any different

it is, I've got to pack winter things and I don't want to take too much, because of space, but I don't want to pack the wrong items, like too many trousers and not enough jumpers etc... hehehe, anyway, it's a fun thread I though... well, people are replying at least :wink:
Reply 30
I wasnt having a go.....just seems a bit odd
Reply 31
mik1w

btw I havent started either.. dont you think it's like, a month and a half early?

I'm going to busy the next 4 weeks and I've got to pack in 4 weeks time for uni, as I'm going to Germany for 3 weeks before uni (with all my stuff for uni).
Reply 32
Fleece
I wasnt having a go.....just seems a bit odd

hehehe, I guess it is a bit odd to be worrying about it, but I had to rearrange the clothes in my wardrobe the other day because it had become so chaotic in there I couldn't find anything (the thing I was looking for was on a shelf in the other room :rolleyes: )... and while I was doing that I tried to work out what I'd be taking with me and just couldn't decide at all and then I realised that I'd have to cut back and take less... :redface:
Reply 33
Hehe, jeans and t-shirts are the way to go :wink: We're a scruffy bunch, at least at Imperial. Maybe that's because there aren't many girls around to embarass us. :eek: :p:
Reply 34
Noooo you cant sacrifice any clothes :tongue: pay extra luggage :biggrin:
Reply 35
Seriously you won't go that much wrong it's not that cold here in the winter, just a bit colder. And you'll be home in the holidays anyway which is the most wintery time?
Reply 36
Sophdoph
Seriously you won't go that much wrong it's not that cold here in the winter, just a bit colder. And you'll be home in the holidays anyway which is the most wintery time?

no, I won't be going home over the winter holidays... I'm not sure where I'll be exactly, but somewhere in the UK :wink: . But it wouldn't make any difference where I was going to uni, I'd still be unsure what to pack :redface:
Reply 37
edders
Hehe, jeans and t-shirts are the way to go :wink: We're a scruffy bunch, at least at Imperial. Maybe that's because there aren't many girls around to embarass us. :eek: :p:

Hehehe, but what if I end up in your hall? Do you want me to see you looking scruffy? :p:

:wink:
Reply 38
Adarah
Hehehe, but what if I end up in your hall? Do you want me to see you looking scruffy? :p:

:wink:

If I see you on the list of new freshers (we have a photo board for our hall), I will put a shirt on for you Emma. :smile:
Reply 39
edders
If I see you on the list of new freshers (we have a photo board for our hall), I will put a shirt on for you Emma. :smile:

Hehehe! :biggrin: I'm not even at Imperial and already the men are following my command! :rofl: Although I never actually told you to wear a shirt :p: - I do think shirts are nicer than t-shirts though... you can't really go wrong with a shirt :wink:

Latest