The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Adarah
At least you get that cupboard, I'm sure it'll come in really useful!
yeah, I could apply for a 38 or 34 hall, so I made sure to pay out the extra for the 38 one, I don't think I'm going 'home' for holidays anyway... my mum is making me clear out my whole room so she can use it as a guest room, the one in my dad's flat I think can sort of stay as it is, but he'll want to use it as a guest room too, so my stuff might have to go in boxes, but at least it's allowed to stay there... (my mum lives in Germany and my dad in Italy, haven't used my room in Germany for ages, so she's right in 'throwing me out', but it feels a bit strange, that's all :redface: )
think I'll make London my home :rolleyes:

my parents are trying to kick me out too. but i think they're being a bit unreasonable, considering that i will only spend 6 months of the year at uni...

good for you making london your home, though, i'm sure twill be fun!

and, r_raghav11, you are a genius!! i completely forgot about under the bed.

sorted.
Hi everyone,

I'm going to uni next year and I've noticed the trend is jeans and hoodies. Although, I love my black trousers and have got about 3 blazers! Do u think black trousers and blazers are too smart for university? Would I look overdressed and out-of-place?
Reply 82
Queenofhearts
Hi everyone,

I'm going to uni next year and I've noticed the trend is jeans and hoodies. Although, I love my black trousers and have got about 3 blazers! Do u think black trousers and blazers are too smart for university? Would I look overdressed and out-of-place?

Dress how you usually dress, you don't have to conform to anything! And if you think you will look too smart, just wear jeans and a blazer... (that's what i do anyway!) :smile:
Reply 83
blazers are great! I kept calling them jackets, now I know what they are though. I'll be taking two with me and my jeans jacket and will wearing them all the time :biggrin:
I need to buy so many clothes, I'm not prepared at all. :frown:
I need new jeans and more hoodies and plain t-shirts and stuff. Oh and underwear. I wish I had money :rolleyes:
Reply 85
buttons7
my parents are trying to kick me out too. but i think they're being a bit unreasonable, considering that i will only spend 6 months of the year at uni...

good for you making london your home, though, i'm sure twill be fun!

and, r_raghav11, you are a genius!! i completely forgot about under the bed.

sorted.

yeah, if you'll be at home the rest of the time that does seem a bit strange... :confused:
Reply 86
~*Sweetness*~
I need to buy so many clothes, I'm not prepared at all. :frown:

Buying loads of new clothes is fun though - well, sort of. If the weather is right and you have enough money to spend :wink:
Reply 87
Adarah
blazers are great! I kept calling them jackets, now I know what they are though. I'll be taking two with me and my jeans jacket and will wearing them all the time :biggrin:

I call them jackets as well... it seems kinda weird calling them blazers, makes me feel all smart!!

I love them, you can pretty much wear them with anything! :biggrin:
Reply 88
ill be packing my clothes.

:smile: and maybe buying some more jeans, although i own loads already. :smile:
Reply 89
erk
ill be packing my clothes.

:smile: and maybe buying some more jeans, although i own loads already. :smile:

I want to buy lots more jeans. You can never have enough jeans! I want some really skinny ones! Like drainpipes... :biggrin:
Adarah
Buying loads of new clothes is fun though - well, sort of. If the weather is right and you have enough money to spend :wink:

It's usually fun. I currently have zero funds though! Hmmm, I could dip into my student loan...? :rolleyes:
Reply 91
Just_Izzy
I want to buy lots more jeans. You can never have enough jeans! I want some really skinny ones! Like drainpipes... :biggrin:

word, my favourite pair are nearly dead and the people who make them seem to have no set pattern, each pair, even if i buy the same size, are totally different.

:frown:
Just_Izzy

I tried some of those jeans the other day, they looked horrible on me! I don't have the legs for them... :frown:
Reply 93
~*Sweetness*~
I tried some of those jeans the other day, they looked horrible on me! I don't have the legs for them... :frown:

Well my legs are my only attribute, so I might as well show em off! :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 94
I had hoped i wasnt the only lady already thinking about how im gunna take all my **** with me!

So one thing i keep worrying about...........what to wear to formal event if uni has them?! Im off to Nottingham, and im sure there will be a few of these occasions. Yet when i go out on a night, standard dress around here is jeans and a fancy top, I dont even own a dress, let alone a bloody ball gown!

Do you all have one? Or know where i can get something classy but relatively cheap (if thats possible!)
kate86
So one thing i keep worrying about...........what to wear to formal event if uni has them?! Im off to Nottingham, and im sure there will be a few of these occasions. Yet when i go out on a night, standard dress around here is jeans and a fancy top, I dont even own a dress, let alone a bloody ball gown!

Do you all have one? Or know where i can get something classy but relatively cheap (if thats possible!)

Oh God, I haven't even thought about that! I need to get my act together and make a list of stuff I need or something.
Reply 96
kate86
I had hoped i wasnt the only lady already thinking about how im gunna take all my **** with me!

Xanaka and Orsay/Pimpkie are really good for formal wear I think. I bought my ball gown from Orsay 4 years ago or more for 160 DeutscheMark... in today's currency that may be something like 50 to 60 pounds? :confused: Anyway, I thought it was a good deal until this year I saw the very same dress there in their sales for 5€ :rofl: - I guess they don't go out of style much once you buy them so they keep them in the shop for ages until it's time for a big clear out and then you can get some real bargins. Maybe there is a shop near you that is preparing to get rid of all its old stuff? You'd have to look/ask around, but a ball gown doesn't have to be expensive, all you need is a great deal of luck and time to hunt around :wink:
Reply 97
kate86

By the way, I have heard rumours that our hall is formal!!

Whadda we do?? :eek:
Reply 98
Just_Izzy
By the way, I have heard rumours that our hall is formal!!

Whadda we do?? :eek:

You know what izzy, i got a feeling t'was I that said it might be a formal hall! But i think, reading the responses I got in a thread, that i was mistaken and it hu stu that abit formal wit their fancy dinners!

Im at the minute (dont laugh) looking on ebay at formal dresses/ball gowns! I doubt i would dare actually buy a dress off ebay, but just using it to try get some ideas!

I would hate to turn up at uni and have them say
"ok kids we are gunna have a formal party in a week" and id be stuck wi nowt to wear!
Reply 99
kate86
You know what izzy, i got a feeling t'was I that said it might be a formal hall! But i think, reading the responses I got in a thread, that i was mistaken and it hu stu that abit formal wit their fancy dinners!

Im at the minute (dont laugh) looking on ebay at formal dresses/ball gowns! I doubt i would dare actually buy a dress off ebay, but just using it to try get some ideas!

I would hate to turn up at uni and have them say
"ok kids we are gunna have a formal party in a week" and id be stuck wi nowt to wear!

thats a really good point.

*freaks out*

right... if that happens, i'm borrowing your dresses you got off ebay! :p:

Latest