The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Resits at Manchester University

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
75 pounds of each.

How did you do in the exam? 4% sounds incredible.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Really?

http://www.studentnet.manchester.ac.uk/crucial-guide/academic-life/exams/resits/

"Students taking resits in August / September a one off resit examination fee is payable of £75." - one off sounds like you pay that regardless of the number of resits.

I've suffered the same fate :facepalm2:
Reply 3
It's £75 no matter how many resits you take. I think it depends on your department but in mine (Life Sciences) we take 12 modules of 10 credits each throughout the year and we are allowed to fail no more than 2 modules providing that we get above 30% on the actual exam (so excluding coursework etc). If you fail more than 2 or get less than 30% on any exam, then you have to resit. Good bye summer.
Reply 4
Hi i do life sciences as well I was wondering if you get 34 / 35 percent is there anyway that they can pass me.
If this is that case then I can pass 3 of my modules.
Thanks
Original post by aza_catz

Original post by aza_catz
Hi i do life sciences as well I was wondering if you get 34 / 35 percent is there anyway that they can pass me.
If this is that case then I can pass 3 of my modules.
Thanks

40 is the pass mark in all disciplines that I know of. They will not remark it (unless they missed on of your answers or you have extenuating circumstances), so your best bet is to start revising, sorry.
Reply 6
Hi I also do life sciences at the university of manchester, Im in year 2 of my course and I think I've failed 3 of my first term exams and so may have to resit them, will this in any way affect my overall degree?

Also I read somewhere about resit exams being capped, as in even if I get a 70% in the resit exam it would just be considered as a 40% pass. Is this true?

Please help im losing my mind from stress

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending