The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Doom_and_Gloom
Am I the only one that actually prefers thongs and g-stings? I find that french knickers are uncomfortable as they try and "ride up" where they aren't designed to go. Thongs and g-strings are designed to do it and feel more comfortable to me. Half the time I don't realise I'm wearing then unlike the french knickers I have.

:ditto:

I can't feel g-strings/thongs, but with frenchknickers or anything like them, i can feel them "cutting in" if you get what i mean!! :rofl:
Reply 61
goldenbarnes
As a male I feel compelled to say underwear of any variety does absolutely nothing for me. Generally I think camisole tops look sexy, because of the shape, but as for actual underwear, I couldn't care less what the shape, size or colour was. I have never ever seen one piece of underwear be it on a person, in a shop or on the internet that has ever turned me on or got me mildly aroused. My girlfriend could turn me on wearing leggings, a scarf, a big bomber jacket and a wooly hat with bobbles on.

Hurrah! This confirms my suspicion about men.. virtually none of them would be actively turned off by the underwear you're wearing just because it doesn't fulfil the "sexy" archetype. I reckon pretty much all men would rather have great sex with a girl who was wearing M&S basic stuff than have lousy sex with a girl who was wearing La Perla.

Personally I can take or leave nice underwear; when I need it, I'll buy pretty-yet-practical stuff, but otherwise I'd rather buy an outfit that makes me feel confident and fabulous and that everyone can see!!
Reply 62
F. Poste

Personally I can take or leave nice underwear; when I need it, I'll buy pretty-yet-practical stuff, but otherwise I'd rather buy an outfit that makes me feel confident and fabulous and that everyone can see!!

But don't you feel nice when you have lovely underwear on - even if others can't see it. I know I always feel more positive and sexier with really nice undies on (I know it's a bit blonde but I do!)
if im wearing fabulous underwear i feel fabulous!! even buying nice undies makes me feel sexy lol! i live for nice underwear!
Reply 64
Soapysudds1
if im wearing fabulous underwear i feel fabulous!! even buying nice undies makes me feel sexy lol! i live for nice underwear!

*like minded*
nice to know im not the only 'shallow' person here lol. doesnt everyone find that shopping makes them feel fabulous tho???
Reply 66
I always feel very 'sleek' after a good shop...can't do it too often, though.
sleek hee hee. i just feel happy, n giddy, n excited, and want to spend more!!! especially on underwear. what would everyone be willing to pay for a matching bra n knicker set? want to no if im completely obsessed by undies or not
Reply 68
Soapysudds1
nice to know im not the only 'shallow' person here lol. doesnt everyone find that shopping makes them feel fabulous tho???

yes, especially when you buy something really nice - just the feeling of carrying it in your bag, and then going home to try it on again...that feeling is mucho fabuloso :biggrin:
oooo stop it your making me want to go and buy undies now, and clothes, and shoes, and jewellry, and make up , and.......................
:bawling: i can't afford to go shopping, need to save up for stupid practical things for uni like food,accom,tuition fees,travel etc etc
'thats wat your student loans for', ha wat a joke mine wont even cover my accomodation!! i should really save up but you know........
Reply 72
I'm trying not to use my student loan, i wanna pay it back during my placement year. So i wont take a loan for yr 3 or 4 ill use my placement years pay to fund my last 2 years and fund my first car. I'm pretty much use money i get for birthdays and carers allowance i get for looking after my grandads house. Which isn't alot, enough for lunch at uni and the odd purchase. Benefits of summer is i save the 20 pound of food money per week over the hols to buy nice things.
Soapysudds1
'thats wat your student loans for', ha wat a joke mine wont even cover my accomodation!! i should really save up but you know........

you are right it is a joke, my student loan will just cover my accom with about £500 spare, but seeing as I have to pay about £800 iirc, for my tuition fees im kinda stuck! I have to save up cause my parents can't afford to pay for anything. Guess im taking all the clothes I already have with me, and trawling sales for anything new i want! need some nice blue wedges, new look had some nice ones at £12 but not in my size!
Talking of fabulous sales, i went in route 1 in leeds a while ago and they had a sale on all flip flops £1.99 each!!!! got a nice pair of blue vans, and black and red scary mary's. Don't seen to have that offer on the site, but even though the range is limited there seem to be a few bargains.
http://www.routeone.co.uk/

I have never ordered clothes off the net, worried that they wouldnt fit/look right and it would be a lot of hasstle to return!
Reply 74
Geogger
But don't you feel nice when you have lovely underwear on - even if others can't see it. I know I always feel more positive and sexier with really nice undies on (I know it's a bit blonde but I do!)

It's better to have nice underwear than not, but I can't justify paying hundreds of pounds for lots of nice sets when I could be spending the money on shoes! :biggrin:
Reply 75
well on a student income you have to choose and you're either a shoe person or an undies one!
i have the supidest excuses to buy new underwear.. though i don't really need an excuse! i really have too much underwear!!!
Reply 77
Soapysudds1

I'm glad I don't because if I did I'd be seriously depressed now as my underwear is well... it's comfy, but totally unsexy and not colour-coordinated. Silky dark green bra and cotton purple knickers do not go together really, but they feel just fine when I'm wearing them. I think guys prefer it if you were no clothes at all really... :rofl:
you should always wear matching clean undies incase u get run over n have to go into hospital
Reply 79
Soapysudds1
you should always wear matching clean undies incase u get run over n have to go into hospital

:rolleyes:
I think if you got run over your nice clean underwear would no longer be clean :aetsch:

:wink:

Latest