The Student Room Group

OCR F293: Marketing Resit Anyone? :(

I'm really disappointed with my result.

I got 43/??? and got a D.

I found it really hard to relate to the case study which was probably why. It's the one subject i really wanted to do well in since I want to study it at University....

Other results were A* and B so I don't feel that bad.

EDIT: JUNE 11TH EXAM DISCUSSION, GO HERE:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1304245
Reply 1
Em92
I'm really disappointed with my result.

I got 43/??? and got a D.

I found it really hard to relate to the case study which was probably why. It's the one subject i really wanted to do well in since I want to study it at University....

Other results were A* and B so I don't feel that bad.

Yes i'm resitting, i got an E! and i need an overall B to get to university! I couldn't believe my result, as im normally an A/B student. I got my paper back and i had the same trouble as you, i found it hard to relate to the case study and i didn't get any evaluation marks!
How's your revision going? I'm trying to revise so much on this paper now, it has scared me a lot!
Reply 2
I'm in the same situation! I got the exact mark for a D and I've had A's in the other modules so far. Now i seem to have forgotten a lot of the theory as well so I'm dreading this exam :/ hopefully it won't be a horrible case study like the last one!
Reply 3
They're really stingy with their evaluation marks, it seems impossible to get them!
Reply 4
seems like a lot of moaners on this site it wasnt a horrible case study you obviously didnt try hard enough, and again if they're "stingy with the marks" just work harder
Reply 5
hey yh i got a b and have bin getting more or less full marks in all the ppaers...my tip would be stick to theory and get the level one adn two makrs....i hope its good and i get the A8 i need lol...good lcuk...and any advice to whom gt an A
Reply 6
Did not like this exam at all but hopefully its better than january! If not, goodbye to university!!
What did everyone get for the first question?
Reply 7
I just posted another thread about this lol.

Erm the first question I got £8.
I didn't really think that that exam was that bad?

The market segmentation question was a bit.. strange? and the AIDA model, don't see how it was worth 6 marks but yeah...
Reply 8
If you read the other post I just made on the main thingy :/ (lol) then you'll see basically what I put for every question :smile: I'd like to see if you guys got similar to me
Reply 9
yh...i got £8 for the first question aswell!!
what did everyone put for the marketing strategy one? and the market segmentation one?
Reply 10
B£D0~29
yh...i got £8 for the first question aswell!!
what did everyone put for the marketing strategy one? and the market segmentation one?

click here to see what I put for the questions.. I made a massive post lol
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1304245
Reply 11
sam_osborne
seems like a lot of moaners on this site it wasnt a horrible case study you obviously didnt try hard enough, and again if they're "stingy with the marks" just work harder

ha work harder, at our college, our business teachers noticed that the people who had done little revision had got done well and those had done lots did badly. business is one of those subjects where you can work harder than anyone and still do worse. in the heat of the moment you can get carried away with the theory and forget about applying it. case studies can suit some people over others due to the background knowledge they have etc..
Reply 12
does anyone know where i can get the markscheme for the F293 Marketing paper jan 2011?
Reply 13
Original post by 1st son
does anyone know where i can get the markscheme for the F293 Marketing paper jan 2011?

Hey you sat that paper? It was by far the hardest f293 paper set by OCR, could you help me with some of the questions on it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending