The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mittal
:eek: :eek: Could stuff like this be depression or mild depression?

I'd be happy if it was, so I can be satisfied that there is some medication I can take to reduce or get rid of my sad feelings. :frown:

well, for some people it can be. For others, not talking and prefering to be by themsleves etc. is just part of their personality, but for me it's both. :redface:
oh well... i'll feel better when winter comes. My best cure for depression is listening to my favourite bands, or a nice peaceful walk down the graveyard in the evenings... makes me a lot more cheerful (and easier to be around with :smile: )
Reply 21
S m i l i n g !

Everyone knows that smiling is infectious; you catch it like the flu.
Today someone smiled at me, and I started smiling too!

When I took a closer look, someone saw me grin...
And when he smiled, I realized I'd passed it on to him.

I've thought about my smile a lot and realized its worth...
A single smile like mine or yours could travel 'round the earth.

So if you feel a smile begin, don't leave it undetected.
Start an epidemic quick, and get the world infected!"

One of my old college teachers loved saying it, and i always think of it now :smile:
Reply 22
Great lil poem Glory! way to go :smile:

Sometimes when I laugh just suddenly, I feel so happy, but start feeling guilty for some reason :confused: so I stop.
Reply 23
hehe twas a good rhyme :P Yeah i think it's nice if someone smiles at you, but i also agree if your in a bad mood, someone smiling is Really annoying
Reply 24
Mittal
I get pleasure out of seeing other people happy and smiling :smile:

Does anybody else get this? :redface:

'A smile inspires another smile'

Die :smile:
Reply 25
Mittal

indeed...
Reply 26
I think it's brilliant to smile & be happy and cheerful!! :smile: However, It is slightly bizarre when very random people just keep smiling and smiling..and a bit creepy,
I think the world has too much doom and gloom in it...so smiling all the way!
:smile:
Reply 27
I tend to walk around looking a bit miserable, not deliberately just when going form place to place. If I happen to make eye contact with someone though, then I always smile. It's normally genuine too. I like people, so I'll smile at them, but I'm not always :biggrin: happy happy happy :biggrin: cos a) it's intensely irritating and b) it would make me a really fake person.

Cxx
Reply 28
I think it's usually human instinct to respond positively to a smile. If someone smiles at you, the natural instinct is usually to smile back - especially if its your friend or someone you feel open and comfortable with. In psychology we learnt that if you smile, even if its fake or if you don't feel happy, it causes you to feel happier than before.

But of course it all depends on your mood. No-one feels like smiling back all the time. Everyone's different - some people might even enjoy being unhappy.

The other day a stranger sitting opposite me on the tube looked up at me and smiled. I found myself feeling very uncomfortable since it was a stranger and they were sitting so close to me I didnt know how to react. lol. I spent the rest of the train journey trying to avoid looking directly opposite!
Reply 29
Dr. Blazed
That's ever so slightly creepy.

Ah so true. It's funnier to play tricks on people.
Reply 30
SlyPie
Ah so true. It's funnier to play tricks on people.

what kind of tricks?
Reply 31
tweetsy85
what kind of tricks?

Well, drawing on them with eyeliner when they sleep and not telling them; pretending you're kidnapped when you guys are out by "disappearing"; hiding their wallet and playing innocent; etc etc.
Reply 32
you're tricksy....
Reply 33
Mittal

The restraining order's in the post.
Reply 34
Herleif Arkadios
you're tricksy....

haha I like that word "tricksy"--it reminds me of the Lord of the Rings.
[QUOTE In psychology we learnt that if you smile, even if its fake or if you don't feel happy, it causes you to feel happier than before.

*smiles. Face feels tight. Holds position. Face starting to get tired. Turns around. brother screamed. still holding the position.*

nope, i'm not feeling happier. i shall try again.
yeah a smile can inspire others, it can improve your mood a lot :smile:... i'm not sure what these people mean there's not much to talk about?? i can talk for hours to some people.....it sounds like some of you have been on your own too much these last couple of weeks
habosh
yeah ,I love to see people happy,or me making others happy,it's this feeling...very nice:biggrin:

:ditto: xoxo
ciara
I tend to walk around looking a bit miserable, not deliberately just when going form place to place. If I happen to make eye contact with someone though, then I always smile. It's normally genuine too. I like people, so I'll smile at them, but I'm not always :biggrin: happy happy happy :biggrin: cos a) it's intensely irritating and b) it would make me a really fake person.

Cxx

Yes, this is me exactly too!
grave_dreams
*smiles. Face feels tight. Holds position. Face starting to get tired. Turns around. brother screamed. still holding the position.*
nope, i'm not feeling happier. i shall try again

You're funny. (in a good way)

Latest

Trending

Trending