The Student Room Group

Will I regret not getting braces?

My teeth have always been relatively straight. Although I was offered braces, it was only really for my bottom teeth which aren't visible. I declined as I was classed as only borderline and it was just before covid kicked off. I was also about 13 when I was offered and had previously had a really bad experience with my dentist after I got 2 teeth out and other strengthening done (my teeth are healthy just very soft) - which led to a huge disliking towards any autho or dentist.

As I'm older my friends have all had their braces and all have good results and most are happy with their smiles. I don't like my smile but I'm not really convinced it's my teeth? I look at my mouth itself when I smile and I like it, I think it's just my jaw shape and the way my face moves when I smile with teeth. I like my smile without my teeth though, but I think this is because my face moves slightly differently? I only have just over a year left until I go to uni (2025 leaver) so it's kind of now or never? Just looking for some advice from people who have had braces or are in similar situations to mine. Thank you! :smile:
Original post by seashells7
My teeth have always been relatively straight. Although I was offered braces, it was only really for my bottom teeth which aren't visible. I declined as I was classed as only borderline and it was just before covid kicked off. I was also about 13 when I was offered and had previously had a really bad experience with my dentist after I got 2 teeth out and other strengthening done (my teeth are healthy just very soft) - which led to a huge disliking towards any autho or dentist.

As I'm older my friends have all had their braces and all have good results and most are happy with their smiles. I don't like my smile but I'm not really convinced it's my teeth? I look at my mouth itself when I smile and I like it, I think it's just my jaw shape and the way my face moves when I smile with teeth. I like my smile without my teeth though, but I think this is because my face moves slightly differently? I only have just over a year left until I go to uni (2025 leaver) so it's kind of now or never? Just looking for some advice from people who have had braces or are in similar situations to mine. Thank you! :smile:
if it's your jaw shape u don't like, i've seen that braces on the bottom teeth have changed the jawline for some people, making it more prominent or making lips plumper. personally i would get braces because i had them but not on my bottom teeth, which i regret not doing when i had the choice since they already looked straight.

Quick Reply

Latest