The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was just curious as to whether you get a confirmation e-mail from the Uni that you firm from UCAS? I firmed my first choice Uni last sunday (7days ago), so I'm assuming I will have to wait another 7 days to get a confirmation? Since you can't change your first choice after 14 days? Is that how the procedure usually works?

Thanks
Reply 21
I got my email 2 days after I firmed, but maybe it's different from Uni to Uni :smile:
I firmed about 2 weeks back. No email from Leeds or Aberdeen.
smithh1
I was pretty sure I was going to go for Edinburgh, BBB offer and I love the city! But I just found out I got a place for PPS at Leeds (AAB) where you spend a year in Washington and now I'm completely stuck! Any help would be much appreciated?! Thank you!

It's not a full year in Washington, it's 6 months in Washington and 6 months in Westminster :wink:

Is there any reason why you can't put Leeds as your firm and Edinburgh as your insurance?
Didn't receive anything after firming really. It depends from uni to uni I guess.
Reply 25
i firmed mine back in January...no response of any kind except for a UCAS final report thing, nothing Uni related for that matter. I'm waiting for my accommodation package to come through hopefully though.
Reply 26
I firmed in December and I still haven't heard anything :colonhash:
Reply 27
I got a letter about a week later. =3
Reply 28
Sorry - yes thats whet I meant... Its just such a hard decision.... and I cant work out if I'd rather go to Edinburgh more!
Hmm... Warwick or Leeds for English Literature! :confused:
Nottingham sent me another offer letter a couple weeks after I firmed. Yes, another letter saying, 'We will be making you an offer via UCAS...' etc.
Reply 31
FTstudies
I was just curious as to whether you get a confirmation e-mail from the Uni that you firm from UCAS? I firmed my first choice Uni last sunday (7days ago), so I'm assuming I will have to wait another 7 days to get a confirmation? Since you can't change your first choice after 14 days? Is that how the procedure usually works?

Thanks
Not necessarily. Some unis acknowledge, some don't. It's UCAS that controls the 14 day thing, and they will send you a confirmation letter, which is the one that matters.
I know I am definitely going to firm Cardiff, but in the process of getting my offer they somehow managed to think they couldn't work out my fee status and provisionally classified me as an overseas student for fees purposes.

Anyway, I've sorted it out now (and have two emails confiming it was just a stupid mistake and they've changed my status to 'home'), but when my offer came up on track (on the same day I got the email saying they couldn't work out my fee status), it also said this, and it still says it.

Should I wait and see if it gets changed on track (is it likely it will get changed on track? :confused: ) before I firm it so the offer letter is all accurate or will it not matter if I firm it now?

Edit: Ah, problem solved. That was surprisingly quick but they've updated it already so I've firmed it.
Minerva
Not necessarily. Some unis acknowledge, some don't. It's UCAS that controls the 14 day thing, and they will send you a confirmation letter, which is the one that matters.

I don't recall ever getting a confirmation letter from UCAS, I firmed on the 28th February.
Ah spoke too soon. Just got a confirmaton letter through the mail! :smile: Thanks!
Hey, by the end of this week I'm hoping to choose my Firm and Insurance. I want to Firm Imperial for Medicinal Chemistry and their offer is AAA. My insurance will be UCL who want AAB.

i'm just a bit worried that choosing these unis will be a bit risky as their offers are only one grade part.

have people also choosen unis with the same offer?
Reply 36
depends on your ability and how confident you are
Some people I know have potentially AAB and AAB...
My firm and insurance are AAA and AAB. As long as you are fairly confident of getting AAA then you should be fine. Better to put down hard choices then to put down a choice that you hate (although all my offers were AAA or AAB, since grade requirements went up :frown: )
My firm & insurance are only one grade apart, (though AAB & ABB.) You need to make your firm & insurance the two unis you most want to go to, and if the worst comes to the worst be open about taking a gap year as I am.
ladythugette
Hey, by the end of this week I'm hoping to choose my Firm and Insurance. I want to Firm Imperial for Medicinal Chemistry and their offer is AAA. My insurance will be UCL who want AAB.

i'm just a bit worried that choosing these unis will be a bit risky as their offers are only one grade part.

have people also choosen unis with the same offer?

Only if you're confident that you'll get those grades because they don't think there's really going to be a clearing this year. If you don't feel safe enough with those choices I'd change your decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending