The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

alasdair1993
Got my Geography Paper 2 prelim results back: 99 out of 100! :biggrin:
So that puts my overall prelim mark up from 96% to 98%! :biggrin: :woo:
Now it's just a case of repeating that in May! Oh I wish that was my final exam now!

**** me! And there was me delighted with being top of the class with 75%. :rofl: Paper 2 timing wasn't an issue with me because I got 85% in the first paper and didn't write that much for the second. :o:

Whatever happens, you have a solid appeal, so you can chillax. :awesome:

Well done!! :woo:
Reply 61
yh cant wait , honestly exams dont bother me apart from the fact tht im **** at them haha
ArcadiaHouse
**** me! And there was me delighted with being top of the class with 75%. :rofl: Paper 2 timing wasn't an issue with me because I got 85% in the first paper and didn't write that much for the second. :o:

Whatever happens, you have a solid appeal, so you can chillax. :awesome:

Well done!! :woo:

Thank you! :biggrin: But Geography is my strongest subject. Oh no, I have my 4 other Highers to worry about! Better get back to the studying! :o:
Time for me to panic! Yay!
Okay so the Higher Physics paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes. I cannot concentrate that long! Seriously, I always start to fidget with anything and then just rush to get to the end of it so that I can stop doing it.
Any ideas on how to stop doing this, because I always end up being finished about an hour before and scoring really low.
Livesindreams
Time for me to panic! Yay!
Okay so the Higher Physics paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes. I cannot concentrate that long! Seriously, I always start to fidget with anything and then just rush to get to the end of it so that I can stop doing it.
Any ideas on how to stop doing this, because I always end up being finished about an hour before and scoring really low.

Do the exam in passes? i.e. run through doing all the easy questions first, then ramping up. When you're done, completely relax for about 15 minutes or so. Then flick back through to check your answers - try to force yourself to check them properly, ideally by a different approach to that you used first time around. Try to be relaxed when you're doing this.

This method will take longer than usual, but it might avoid the whole 'dead time'/fidgeting/loss of focus thing.
A Large Town In France
Do the exam in passes? i.e. run through doing all the easy questions first, then ramping up. When you're done, completely relax for about 15 minutes or so. Then flick back through to check your answers - try to force yourself to check them properly, ideally by a different approach to that you used first time around. Try to be relaxed when you're doing this.

This method will take longer than usual, but it might avoid the whole 'dead time'/fidgeting/loss of focus thing.

Thanks, I'll try this approach next time I'm doing a past paper.
Chemistry Investigation done :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just a Physics one to do for Monday now :frown:
GingerGoat
Chemistry Investigation done :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just a Physics one to do for Monday now :frown:

:woo: :p:
Well hopefully the physics one will be easier since you've already done one? :p:
How long does the investigation have to be, roughly?
FuturePilot
:woo: :p:
Well hopefully the physics one will be easier since you've already done one? :p:
How long does the investigation have to be, roughly?

Should be, but physics is less results and more theory i think so less just translating results.
It is recommended 2500-3500
And mine is 6500+ but i can cut out a good few calcs later :P:
You thinking of doing AH sciences? Which ones?
Obv really since you're predicted 5 A's.
Hows meeting the predictions going?
GingerGoat
Should be, but physics is less results and more theory i think so less just translating results.
It is recommended 2500-3500
And mine is 6500+ but i can cut out a good few calcs later :P:
You thinking of doing AH sciences? Which ones?
Obv really since you're predicted 5 A's.
Hows meeting the predictions going?

Oh...you'll get there anyway I'm sure :p:
Haha
Yeah, I want to do AH chem :smile:

Mmm, maths, chemistry, Spanish are going okay...English not so good though!
I've not really started studying geog, but I'm starting tomorrow. That should be okay hopefully.

Congrats on the 5 offers btw :smile:
FuturePilot
Oh...you'll get there anyway I'm sure :p:
Haha
Yeah, I want to do AH chem :smile:

Mmm, maths, chemistry, Spanish are going okay...English not so good though!
I've not really started studying geog, but I'm starting tomorrow. That should be okay hopefully.

Congrats on the 5 offers btw :smile:

AH Chem is really good :biggrin:
Lots of practicals - 12 prescribed ones and your investigation
So lots of work. :smile: but is really interesting. really takes you beyond higher :smile: but if you do well at higher then you should be fine :smile:
Gonna do AH maths?

Ah English my prelim wasn't great but the improvement between the final and the prelim was impressive :smile:
Just do lots of practise timed essays.
And memorise at least 3 poems, helps.

And cheers! Any thoughts on what you want to apply to yet?
GingerGoat
AH Chem is really good :biggrin:
Lots of practicals - 12 prescribed ones and your investigation
So lots of work. :smile: but is really interesting. really takes you beyond higher :smile: but if you do well at higher then you should be fine :smile:
Gonna do AH maths?

Ah English my prelim wasn't great but the improvement between the final and the prelim was impressive :smile:
Just do lots of practise timed essays.
And memorise at least 3 poems, helps.

And cheers! Any thoughts on what you want to apply to yet?

:woo:
I'm looking forward to chem :smile:
Yeah, I'm doing maths too, hopefully.

I just can't motivate myself for English :p:

Glasgow, St Andrews and Strathclyde probably, don't know where else.
But I'll hopefully go to a few unis over the summer to see what they are like :smile:

EDIT: oh, and to apply for chemistry (or applied chem) possibly with maths...I will see :p:
FuturePilot

But I'll hopefully go to a few unis over the summer to see what they are like :smile:

Well i was so happy when i finished English, not as happy as my girlfriend when she finished maths. She actually burnt all her maths books :lol:

Hoping to stay near Glasgow then?
I did think of applying to Glasgow but they don'tdo ChemEng.
Unfortunate as i love the campus. It's like Hogwarts :biggrin:

What degree would you like to do?
As i can't work out what as you have a good miix of language and science!
A Large Town In France

This. :woo:

Bag all the easy marks first, which should gurantee you an C/B (90 marks for physics yeah?) then go back and use your concentration for the harder questions :biggrin:
FuturePilot

EDIT: oh, and to apply for chemistry (or applied chem) possibly with maths...I will see :p:

ohhhhhhh :colone:
GingerGoat
Well i was so happy when i finished English, not as happy as my girlfriend when she finished maths. She actually burnt all her maths books :lol:

Hoping to stay near Glasgow then?
I did think of applying to Glasgow but they don'tdo ChemEng.
Unfortunate as i love the campus. It's like Hogwarts :biggrin:

What degree would you like to do?
As i can't work out what as you have a good miix of language and science!

:lol:

Well I'm not too bothered about where I live :p:
Oh :frown: Yeah, it's cool :p:

Chemistry , possibly with maths.
I'd like to do Chem with a year abroad, and go to Spain hopefully. :smile:
Bipolar Dipole
ohhhhhhh :colone:

:p:
Take it you want to do chemistry too? :p::cool:
GingerGoat
She actually burnt all her maths books :lol:

Burning books makes baby Gutenberg cry. :frown:
FuturePilot
:lol:

Well I'm not too bothered about where I live :p:
Oh :frown: Yeah, it's cool :p:

Chemistry , possibly with maths.
I'd like to do Chem with a year abroad, and go to Spain hopefully. :smile:

So canyou can use your Spanish? How good are you? Beyond the course? :smile:
I never had any interest in languages :P:
Wish i did though!
I got my 1 in SG French and got rid of it! not good when your aunty is from France :lol:
I'd to pick up a language at uni hopefully, as more enthusiasm for it now :smile:

And Chemistry FTW :nod:
...Maths if you're mental :P:
A Large Town In France
Burning books makes baby Gutenberg cry. :frown:

Who? :P:
Just maths jotters, she was beyond happy, the monster :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending