The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Linguistics Deferred to 2024

Hey! I've just firmed Edinburgh for Linguistics (Q100), having applied deferred for 2024 as I'm planning on taking a gap year. Wondering if anyone else is applying for Linguistics at Edinburgh, either starting this year or next?
Original post by beaquin
Hey! I've just firmed Edinburgh for Linguistics (Q100), having applied deferred for 2024 as I'm planning on taking a gap year. Wondering if anyone else is applying for Linguistics at Edinburgh, either starting this year or next?

hey i think i recognise you from the cambridge linguistics thread that i started last year (i got rejected). i think it's really cool that we're both going to edinburgh for linguistics though! i'm starting this year in 2023, and my offer is ABB, which im not sure if thats because of contextual reasons or not (i'm still trying to get my three predicted A*s though, which i think would be pretty neat), and i noticed as well that we do pretty similar subjects - i do english lit, french and german. it would be great to get in touch maybe - i don't know anyone else doing edinburgh linguistics as of right now, in fact i don't really know anyone at edinburgh currently.
(edited 10 months ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by alan_thebalan
hey i think i recognise you from the cambridge linguistics thread that i started last year (i got rejected). i think it's really cool that we're both going to edinburgh for linguistics though! i'm starting this year in 2023, and my offer is ABB, which im not sure if thats because of contextual reasons or not (i'm still trying to get my three predicted A*s though, which i think would be pretty neat), and i noticed as well that we do pretty similar subjects - i do english lit, french and german. it would be great to get in touch maybe - i don't know anyone else doing edinburgh linguistics as of right now, in fact i don't really know anyone at edinburgh currently.

Hey yes! I also got rejected from Cambridge alas 😔 but that's very cool to find someone else in the same boat - I thought this thread was pretty unlikely to find anyone haha. My offer is ABB too (again could be contextual bc of my post code but I don't think so). I'll send you a direct message!
Original post by beaquin
Hey yes! I also got rejected from Cambridge alas 😔 but that's very cool to find someone else in the same boat - I thought this thread was pretty unlikely to find anyone haha. My offer is ABB too (again could be contextual bc of my post code but I don't think so). I'll send you a direct message!

hey i also applied to linguistics at edi 🙂 may i ask when you got your offer last year? i know they’re notorious for being late so i shouldn’t stress haha! i assumed they might get to less popular (humanity/language) subjects earlier but i haven’t seen much from anyone
Hi! I’m also going to Edinburgh for (French and) Linguistics fall 2024. I’m coming as an international student, so I’m struggling to find other people in the Linguistics program.
Reply 5
Original post by funny-liquid
hey i also applied to linguistics at edi 🙂 may i ask when you got your offer last year? i know they’re notorious for being late so i shouldn’t stress haha! i assumed they might get to less popular (humanity/language) subjects earlier but i haven’t seen much from anyone

I have to say I didn't get an offer until late April, so don't panic! They really like to take their time with it, unfortunately...
Original post by beaquin

I have to say I didn't get an offer until late April, so don't panic! They really like to take their time with it, unfortunately...

yeah i’ve heard bad things :frown: trying not to get stressed but i hadn’t seen much about linguistics so i have nothing to compare it to annoyingly! thank you!
Hey! I've got a place for the Philosophy and Linguistics course at Edinburgh and I'm also looking at doing a year abroad- is anyone going to be at the offer holders day?
Reply 8
Original post by greenbottleroses
Hey! I've got a place for the Philosophy and Linguistics course at Edinburgh and I'm also looking at doing a year abroad- is anyone going to be at the offer holders day?

Hey, the open day on the 24th of April? I'm going to that one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending