The Student Room Group

Oxford Law Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Numerate :awesome:
Reply 181
BackDoorEntry
'Candidates are also expected to have at least a C grade in GCSE mathematics, or other evidence to demonstrate that they are appropriately numerate. Apart from this, the choice of subjects is up to you. '

I was joking!
Pedus
This might be for you then :cool:

On a more serious note, i know people that did crap at GCSE but used it as a kick up their backside and did awesome at A levels.... I'm sure you'll do fine blad. :yep:

hahaha omg that video cheered me up so much. Brilliant caricature xD

Thanks for the encouragement :smile: I might be naive but I genuinely think I'll do well at A-Level - I love the subjects I'm taking, for once :yep:

Again, thanks for the video...definitely posting it on Facebook
if you're good enough to get in for law, you'll get in... regardless of what GCSE's you got - Aslong as they're not appauling enough to stop you getting an interview then you're fine. they count for little else.
you should consider working at Tesco.
Reply 185
:facepalm:
microsystem
Mate you won't get into Oxford with those GCSEs. I would recommend looking at Salford or Manchester Met, they are more your standard. Good luck.

This. Maybe Glyndwr, at a push, would consider you for BSc (Hons) Chinese Medicine, if you really wanted to aim high with those GCSE grades.
Reply 187
You really needed a few more a*s. I wouldn't say your dream is over you still have a chance
Dan23823189
Hi,

Just got my GCSE results today and I don't think I could get into oxford with these results.

I don't think you'll pass the competitive interviewing process. Clearly a bit of a mug if you're concerned about those results :smile:
Reply 189
Dan23823189
Hi,

Just got my GCSE results today and I don't think I could get into oxford with these results.
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
English language A
english Lit A
HistoryA*
ICT A
Maths A
Physics A
Spanish A
RE A*

You should go out to buy rope now.

Spoiler

go on :wink:
Did your dream ever begin?

Oxford want all A*s, tough luck
laurenl93
I got 5 A*'s and 6 A's at gcse but I'm not applying, 'cus I couldnt get over 90% in every single module of each AS level i'm doing

Apply if you think you can get amaaaazing as level results

Btw i'm not saying this ot be nasty, just someone from oxford and another from cambridge told me that if i actually wanted my applucation to stand a chance I'd have to get over 95% in all my modules and that my A's at AS level "weren't high enough". bastards.

But I only heard that from 3 people, other people from oxbridge might have different views on gcse's :smile:

i got a high C in one of my modules and that was fine for them

JaM YoUR hyPE SisTEr
Reply 193
As someone who went through the whole second BA law admissions process last cycle and got in, I say go for it but don't get your hopes up. Your GPA is very much on the low side of what Oxford is looking for, but it seems that you have other other interesting experiences that might help your application.

The link below contains some useful information, from myself and two other TSR member (jjarvis and ICQ) who both went through the admissions process last year.

Good luck.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25377948&highlight=senior+status+law#post25377948
Reply 194
laurenl93
Btw i'm not saying this ot be nasty, just someone from oxford and another from cambridge told me that if i actually wanted my applucation to stand a chance I'd have to get over 95% in all my modules and that my A's at AS level "weren't high enough". bastards.

:hmmm:

Oxford can't even see your module grades (unless you choose to include them on your UCAS form), so I don't see how an Oxford tutor could determine whether you got over 95% in all your modules.
Fragile_Illusions
Those results are fantastic.. As long as you keep on working and push your self to get As and A*s at A-Level then you'll be totally fine.

I agree
you might want this.... http://www.tvu.ac.uk/
if you are seriously asking that with those grades, then i doubt you are smart enough to get into oxford at all.
It's easy to be led into thinking that Oxford only consider people with 10+ A*s, but your results are fine. On to A-level choices - choose respected academic subjects, e.g. history, maths etc., in which you are confident of doing well.
areyoucool/symmetrical?
I'm starting this year and I would like to know if you have any advice - anything to bring or anything to do etc

Also are there any books I should be reading prior to starting, whether you initially found the workload troubling and how you dealt with that.

Thanks for all your help

I'm an Oxford law grad, could try to give a few tips if you like but it's mainly common sense :smile: also my first tip would be to find your own way of working and it won't necessarily be the same as everyone else's :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending