The Student Room Group

Oxford Law Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for your reply! I am interested to study law at Oxford or Cambridge because of my particular interest in international law. Also, I would be able to finish my degree a year earlier than a JD at US Universities(which I am also applying to). By finishing a year earlier, I could either do the Msc in Law and Finance, or come back to the US to do an LLM at a great university here. Also, I would be able to practice in the US as long as I took the bar exam - which I would have to do even if I received a JD in the US.
I'm starting this year and I would like to know if you have any advice - anything to bring or anything to do etc

Also are there any books I should be reading prior to starting, whether you initially found the workload troubling and how you dealt with that.

Thanks for all your help
go on comment

you know you wanna :sexface:
Hi,

Just got my GCSE results today and I don't think I could get into oxford with these results.
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
English language A
english Lit A
HistoryA*
ICT A
Maths A
Physics A
Spanish A
RE A*
Omg, of course not. Those results are excellent.
Those results are fantastic.. As long as you keep on working and push your self to get As and A*s at A-Level then you'll be totally fine.
Reply 146
Troll
Reply 147
Those are fine.
I'm worried with my GCSE results, but yours are fine, assuming you didn't go to a school where everyone did excellently.
You're clearly looking for an ego boost or something
**** off
Reply 150
yeah, almost certainly. thank the people who tell you no for cheering you up, but always know oxford strive for perfection, and you havent achieved it.
Reply 151
iloveribena
You're clearly looking for an ego boost or something

this.

so go away.
Mate you won't get into Oxford with those GCSEs. I would recommend looking at Salford or Manchester Met, they are more your standard. Good luck.
I don't go to a school where everyone did excellently two people in my year got all A* but then 4 peoples got all C's and the majority got all B's.
I am quite worried about this because everyone who has got into oxford seems to have 6-7 A*'s, while I only have four. I don't know if this will help me in my application but this summer I have spent two months in a law firm as an intern. Do you think that would seperate me from the crowd?
Reply 154
To all the people that didn't get straight A's in GCSEs and you just looked at this thread, I do sympathize for you... :rolleyes:
it's going to be hard, very poor grades tbh.
Reply 156
tbh dan the only thing that will separate you from the crowd is your below average results. maybe you should consider a travel/tourism type course? i hear oxford brookes are very good for things like that, so you i guess you could still go to oxford.
Reply 157
Dan23823189
Hi,

Just got my GCSE results today and I don't think I could get into oxford with these results.
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
English language A
english Lit A
HistoryA*
ICT A
Maths A
Physics A
Spanish A
RE A*

A boy in my year got into Cambridge Law with 9A's and one or two A*s.
You results is better (you have more A*s) so ofcourse you can get in. As long as you have good interview and personal statement.
I wouldn't bother tbh, be a waste of an application.
People who post threads like this need a punch in the face

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending