The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nevermind, found it!

Im lookin at american studies and its ABC/BBB

Im around CCC range.

Would i still stand a chance of gettiing in???
Reply 21
Planxty
Nevermind, found it!

Im lookin at american studies and its ABC/BBB

Im around CCC range.

Would i still stand a chance of gettiing in???

Well, fill in the form and see! The worst that can happen is they say no outright.
They may just ask you questions to do with the course, why you want to study it and why you want to come to notts, as well as what you have to offer...just do some research into it.
Reply 23
Well done Juno and twsitedheaven!

Just a side note, i don't think that is the full clearing list for Nottingham, there may be more courses after results day. xx
mousey
Well done Juno and twsitedheaven!

Just a side note, i don't think that is the full clearing list for Nottingham, there may be more courses after results day. xx

Thanks!!

If a Business course pops up, i wont be too happy, lol. If i change my mind and apply for something else, it wont look too good as i dont seem sure of what i want to do!
Should i still make enquiries to other unis or put all my hopes on this? lol :biggrin:

Obviously if i make a good impression they will accept me, they are interested in me since they want to see me, i have 320 points so i can go pretty much anywhere i think but i really wanna go to nottingham & other unis on their clearing lines tell me that they can only discuss a vacancy if im not enquiring with other unis!
Reply 26
Lie, say you're not and enquire away. They may offer you a place but that will only be confirmed when you send off your CEF, so you could hold provisional offers from several unis and then choose which one to send your CEF to. xx
Reply 27
Dress smartly but be comfortable, read up on their course and the uni and work out why you want to go there, what interests you especially, and have a few questions. Smile, be polite, be focused and look like you want to go there :smile: You'll be fine, good luck.

Well done Juno :smile:
Reply 28
twistedheaven
Should i still make enquiries to other unis or put all my hopes on this? lol :biggrin:

Obviously if i make a good impression they will accept me, they are interested in me since they want to see me, i have 320 points so i can go pretty much anywhere i think but i really wanna go to nottingham & other unis on their clearing lines tell me that they can only discuss a vacancy if im not enquiring with other unis!

Were you originally gonna go Notts anyway? I don't get it - why are you in clearing when you've got 320points? :confused: I'm taking that as ABB in terms of grades!

Wooooooooooooooooo Juno and Twistedheaven see you/hope to see you at Notts!!! :biggrin: *hopes I get in now*
Twisted - I had an interview back in february for sociology, all that happened was i went and sat in one of the lecturer's offices and what started with 'so basically, why sociology and why nottingham?' very quickly just turned into a very informal chat.

I was wearing jeans and a hoodie, and the lecturer was wearing jeans and a tshirt, so don't worry about the formality of that either. Obviously it differs with each interviewer but it's not three suits sat behind a desk interrogating you. One thing i'd recommend is to make references to experiences of your own and examples of how you have the necessary skills, i'd never studied the subject i applied for but from talking a bit about 'quick learner' and 'using my own initiative' (giving examples) i got the place.

Good luck with the interview, im sure youll be fine
irisng
Were you originally gonna go Notts anyway? I don't get it - why are you in clearing when you've got 320points? :confused: I'm taking that as ABB in terms of grades!

Wooooooooooooooooo Juno and Twistedheaven see you/hope to see you at Notts!!! :biggrin: *hopes I get in now*

Ive made a few threads about another uni. I was at Aston university for a couple of years but i didnt like it at all and dropped out.

I just waited for clearing so i had a lot more time to think what i wanted to do next and where i wanted to go to achieve my goals! Nottingham seems like a superb place to go and study and i really want to go there.

It is AAB or AAA i think, not quite sure, but its pretty high, i did a HND instead of A-Levels so i only go by what points i have!

I really want to make a good impression because i want to go to notts, and we could have a TSR meet!!
They've removed the course from the clearing site, does that mean they'll tell me where to go when i go to the interview or have they reserved me a place in case?

Dont want to drive all the way to notts to be turned down :frown: *cries*
Reply 32
Clothes - Go with smart casual. Most people when I went did. Sure, jeans, trainers and t-shirt would be find as long as they aren't full of holes/stains. Some people who went had the full smart shirt/jacket ect, but it seemed unecessary.

As for the list being updated - well, I'm not sure. Best to wait and see. Just incase - are there any other courses you like the look of at notts that are in clearing? Maybe look the list over.
Reply 33
I went to the open day today and handed in my CEF :smile:
Juno
I went to the open day today and handed in my CEF :smile:

yay! i hope to be joining you :smile:
Reply 35
twistedheaven
yay! i hope to be joining you :smile:

When's your interview?
Juno
When's your interview?

Monday 2pm!

I hope they take me :frown: lol
Reply 37
twistedheaven
Monday 2pm!

I hope they take me :frown: lol

They should do. Just stay calm and don't panic! Everyone I spoke to today was really friendly.
Juno
They should do. Just stay calm and don't panic! Everyone I spoke to today was really friendly.

cool, did you enjoy the open day then? Anything that caught your eye in particular?

I wanted to go but i couldnt :frown:
Reply 39
It was a good open day. I got 2 free key rings and a free fuzzy thing!

It's a really nice campus. The departments and things were shut mainly so I didn't get to see much though.

Latest

Trending

Trending