The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

Hispanic-Impressions
Colum Hall, Cardiff Uni
-x-
I probably could've made the room look less prison like and much homelier but I was only ever in there at night so I couldn't be bothered.

Reminds me a lot of some private halls my sister stayed in while she was studying at UCLAN. I like to live somewhere that's I've made "mine", but I don't bother decorating or rearranging much anymore because I got tired of undoing it every time I moved. I must have lived in 5 places in the last few years, and for the first few of those I was totally moving out at the end of most semesters, only to move it back again.
i'm actually sad that I reached the end.
tkwan196
yes which is why im trying to look at a few setups and compare

:rolleyes:

Taking a desktop will be fine. You can put the computer itself on the floor by the desk and the monitor on your desk. Voila. One of my friends did this in 1st year halls, we had possibly the smallest rooms you could probably get in any Uni halls, and she didn't have any problems and it didn't get in the way.

You can stop all those sleepless nights worrying about the setups of various Uni halls and various desktops now :p:
sophisticated
:rolleyes:

Taking a desktop will be fine. You can put the computer itself on the floor by the desk and the monitor on your desk. Voila. One of my friends did this in 1st year halls, we had possibly the smallest rooms you could probably get in any Uni halls, and she didn't have any problems and it didn't get in the way.

You can stop all those sleepless nights worrying about the setups of various Uni halls and various desktops now :p:

I have an average sized desk and have fit a tower unit, big printer, two monitors, speakers with sub and keyboard & mouse and still have room to spare to eat and put work on :P

No cable holes on the desk so couldn't put anything on the floor without wires getting in the way all the time so in an ideal situation it would be on the floor!
RadioElectric
Here's my room at Curzon Gateway, Birmingham:

Is your room UNITE owned? :smile:
this may be a stupid question but are people usually allowed to change the curtains in their rooms?
rosie9391

Judging by the nationwide identical curtains etc then yes :P
rosysilhouette
this may be a stupid question but are people usually allowed to change the curtains in their rooms?

I have but my halls aren't that strict with these things (long as i put the orginal ones back up at the end). Don't know about other places though.
LifeandLies
i'm actually sad that I reached the end.

I second that! Please keep it coming guys :smile:

Anyone from Westminster or Kingston around here?
Reply 389
didgeridoo12uk
not decorated... but thats because we're really limited with what we can do :frown: so i just decorate it with my mess :biggrin:

:eek:
Tidy up, man!!!
S_123
:eek:
Tidy up, man!!!

its in a really tidy state!!!!! i'll take some pictures next term when it settles into its normal state...
Deavsie

This is just my half, I share. :smile:

Panoramic view, look I'll make it aaall manageable :cool:

These rooms all make mine look so bare. :nothing: I think I'll have to buy some posters or something.

Maybe a Pulp Fiction poster. :blah:
Reply 392
LinzyLoo
I've posted this pic on another thread before I think but this was my old room in halls (my flatmate pointing out my mattress which I had to slice open with a knife to retrieve my hamster)

Hamster in question:

I had 7 hamsters, 2 rats, 5 fish and a frog. And no we weren't allowed pets.

......and I also got my full room deposit back, despite the mattress. Ahahaha :biggrin:

omg! hahah. i can see this being my room next year. i have 1 tarantula, a gecko, 3 praying mantids and 3 scorpions that im gonna have to take to uni. AND im planning on getting 2 rats xD lmao
Mine's boring and I've done nothing to it. :frown:

You wouldn't want to see pictures as it is small and disgusting. :sad:
Arturo Bandini
Those bloody "Welcome to the party" posters.

What are they? I hate hate hate clubbing posters - they were all over our halls people's walls. They're so trashy and studenty.
rosie9391

dudleyian
Judging by the nationwide identical curtains etc then yes :P

Yes. It seems like it was constructed very cheaply. The walls are very thin making noise a big issue. When I was in Lindsay Court at Keele (during my undergraduate degree) it was actually difficult to be loud enough that someone in an adjacent room could hear.

I can't wait to get out of here.

rosysilhouette

Officially, no. You can usually get away with anything reversible though. It's different if you're staying in a student house, some of them will let you redecorate. In the house I was in for my second and third years while I was at Keele I repainted the room and put up new curtains. We also converted the basement into a practise room.
Any pictures of the UoL intercollegiate halls?
RadioElectric
Here's my room at Curzon Gateway, Birmingham:

Here's the way in, en-suite is on the left.

The room proper, complete with my blanket that I've had for seven years (before anyone starts)

Desk (with toys)

Shelves, I put a load of books under my bed last weekend so now these are fairly usable and non-Jenga-like

You have awesome stuff in your room!
Reply 398
Any Ucl Room Please!!
Reply 399
Seeing all these pictures reminds me that I'll have to get used to sleeping in a single bed. I'm used to sleeping in a double bed on my own :s-smilie:

Shame that UK uni's don't allow painting room walls.. My previous uni abroad did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending