The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I like cute anime things I don't think that means I'm gay sence that has nothing to do with anything about my sex life....right?
Are you 12 years old or something? Do you and your friends seriously say "that's gay" for liking something stereotypically feminine? :confused:

Sigh... No, of course it isn't "gay" to like animals. The only think that is "gay" is being gay.
if you mean cute things like willies then yeah
Liking cute stuff is umm cute. Girls who go for macho men won't like you. Girls who go for softer guys will. End of story :P
Original post by Anonymous
OK well to put it simply I'm a guy and I'm straight and do plenty of "guy things" but for some reason I have a like for "cute" things like cute animals and puppies, cats etc.

I love animals. Whenever I see a cute dog I'll stop to stroke it and there's my neighbour's persian cat which I always stop to stroke and cuddle every day on the way to uni.

Anyways when I mention this infront of my guy friends they make fun of me and tell me that I'm either strange or gay. What, gay for liking animals?

The girls don't seem to have a problem for it and there's this one girl I have a bit of a thing for who seems to think it's really sweet that I like cute animals as she does too so maybe this ain't such a bad thing?

So what do you all think? Guys; do any of you out there like "cute" things and what do you think of guys who do?

Girls; do you think it's strange for guys to like cute things? What do you think of guys who do?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

No, it doesn't make you gay.
I don't think anything of it. If that's what you like, that's what you like. Doesn't matter about gender.
In fact it would make a nice change from seeing vein 'macho' men who are merely concerned with conforming to stereotypical behaviour and looking a certain way. Sigh.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
OK well to put it simply I'm a guy and I'm straight and do plenty of "guy things" but for some reason I have a like for "cute" things like cute animals and puppies, cats etc.

I love animals. Whenever I see a cute dog I'll stop to stroke it and there's my neighbour's persian cat which I always stop to stroke and cuddle every day on the way to uni.

Anyways when I mention this infront of my guy friends they make fun of me and tell me that I'm either strange or gay. What, gay for liking animals?

The girls don't seem to have a problem for it and there's this one girl I have a bit of a thing for who seems to think it's really sweet that I like cute animals as she does too so maybe this ain't such a bad thing?

So what do you all think? Guys; do any of you out there like "cute" things and what do you think of guys who do?

Girls; do you think it's strange for guys to like cute things? What do you think of guys who do?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a pretty stoic guy. I'm comfortable not expressing my emotions and nothing really fazes me.

But, the only thing I can truly say I love is my little Yorkie :biggrin: because he's like my own child. This is only because I like him more than human beings, though. He's such a pampered little thing. He's very aggressive to people other than me. Once he bit my friend's leg and made deep purple marks on him.

This is a stupid question. The only way you know you're gay is if you want to only have sex with the same gender.
Reply 66
it's only gay if these cute things include dicks
stop using gay as a term to mean feminine
Lol no, sometimes I think little babies & animals are "cute" I'm pretty sure I'm still straight.
:facepalm:
My boyfriend loves kittens and other 'cute' animals, even more so than me and he's not gay, don't worry :smile:
CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it "gay" to like cute things? Only stone statues and heartless people think that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DEMONWARE47
I like cute anime things and I'm not guy.....I'm the dragonborn my edvice is the best edvice

Good necro. :|
Reply 72
My boyfriend loves animals and he's definitely not gay :wink:
I go on about my dog all the time and nobody has ever made a comment like that (to my face, anyway).
I am a heavy metal ,first person shooter games, tech geek and martial arts type of man, gym it out everyday and stuff, and my job makes me handle blood and gore ; am a doc.I like pink, love cats and cute stuff, and even bought fluffy soft toys as I liked it. I believe in being gentle and caring is the best practice and never give a damn what others think. I also get teary at movies and guess what, the number of f***s I give about what label others put me is ...let me check....zero.Only thing matters that you are not hurting others and the environment.
I'm male, I'm obsessed with cats. I do not understand how cats are seen as feminine.
I hate how things are genderised.
I get called gay because I'm a huge cat lover it's annoying.
There's nothing wrong with being gay.
There's nothing "gay" about liking cute things.
Nothing is gay. The only thing that is gay is being gay.
I love cute things, I watch Disney.
Reply 76
You’re joking right?
It's only gay if the cute thing is another dude.
Doggos are a-ok as long as they act like good bois
Reply 78
The majority of the population has been normalised to the idea of masculine and feminine behaviours, and society says you should be restricted only to your gender's specified behavioural stuff, thats BS. You can like whatever you want to like. But remember gay / homosexual is sexuality not interests. Just because you are interested in cute stuff doesn't mean you are gay. It means you are human and have interests, you aren't a robot and you should care what your friends say.
'Gay' as in 'makes you happy'? Certainly, if you mean the original definition.

Are you a man who wants to pet cute animals? That doesn't make you gay, and many women find it attractive when men are animal lovers or unafraid of showing a more feminine side.
Are you a man who wants to date men and have sex with them? OK, that's probably gay, or bi if you also like women, but doesn't have anything to do with cute animals.
Are you a man who wants to date cute animals and have sex with them? If so, please seek help.

Latest

Trending

Trending