The Student Room Group

5 foot 9 and 9 stone

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
Sometimes if I think that a food is bad for me, then I will make myself throw it back up. Its not all the time only a couple of times per month...because the rest of the time I eat healthily and keep carbs to a minimum. I exercise a lot..ie yesterday I had two bowls of cereal and a bow of soup...which i felt was quite a lot for me.

which is making all of this wrong... if you are saying the only way you can maintain that weight is by starving yourself, then it isn't right and it isn't your "natural weight". You need to eat properly, eat whenever you feel hungry and eat healthy food. Try not to throw up.
BenJi man
lol Im 5 ft 8 and 8 stone ;p nothing to worry about..

Are you serious? Eat some ******* pies. I'm 5ft 8 and 11 stone 4 and I'm pretty small.
im 5"2 n 10 stone . . . but size 8 . . .THATS weird :s
do this...

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

your bmi is 18.6 which means you are just in normal weight but you need to try and gain a little bit as ,18.5 is underweight!! hope this helps :smile:
quietlyconfidenttttt
im 5"2 n 10 stone . . . but size 8 . . .THATS weird :s

That's crazy! You're like overweight(?) but a size 8?! Are your scales right?
i know fkin weird int it i never ever weigh myself n i did for first time in two years last week n i was like . . .wtf!! lol
so yeah i just go by what i look like, ''weight'' obviously is WELL different for everyone lol
Anonymous
i am female, and have had a bit of a problem with eating at the moment, Im not sure whether it would be classed as anorexia...but its definitely an issue.

Am I an ok weight?

You're borderline underweight, it isn't severe and nothing to be worried about but you probably could do with gaining a few kilos.
xxlovetodancexx
Are you quite toned becuase muscle ways more than fat?

i used to dance so im GUESSING thats it otherwise i have no idea :\ lol
Lindsey123
Not necessarily - Anorexia has a binge-purge subtype. Although eating disorders are quite interchangeable anyway.

True true... I was being very basic (I shouldn't be trying to give people advice when I'm drunk/tired!)
Reply 29
Chumbaniya
Are you serious? Eat some ******* pies. I'm 5ft 8 and 11 stone 4 and I'm pretty small.

I eat tonnes.... its probably because I walk, jog, and have a balanced diet.... and because my dad weighs the same and is 50 and the same hight as me.
BenJi man
I eat tonnes

No you don't. Seriously, 8 stone is just ridiculous.
Reply 31
yes I do. well I eat till I dont feel hungry anymore.
Reply 32
Im 5'7 and weigh 9 stone ... and i dont think im overweight but that would make me quite a bit bigger than you! Im a comfortable size 10 at that weight ... you must be a 6? Which is maybe a little small for your height! You will be classed as underweight BMI wise im sure! Im on the border line of ok and not!

However, bowls of cereal and some soup is serious malnourishment! You need protein, some better carbs (complex carbs rather than sugary cereal!) such as wholemeal bread or pasta or rice ... some diary from milk or yoghurts ... and you do need some fat! If you exercise a lot your muscles desperately need all these things or you'l be doing yourself serious harm! Your muscle will be wasting away without protein to rebuild, carb to allow your body energy to do this, your bones will be weak without any calcium from diary and good fats (not saturates) are also an essential dietary need! There is a reason you are recommend to have a certain amount of each nutrient daily, and with exercise you need more than that!

If you dont get hungry, eat small portions but try to maintain eating these things every day!

Eg. Toast or porridge for breakfast with some fruit maybe or a little bit of honey
Maybe a chicken salad for lunch or something with egg or tuna (all good sources of protein!)
Then grilled meat or fish or tofu for tea, with some vegetables and maybe a little brown rice
And as a snack, drink some milk or have a yoghurt!

You can eat small portions of all of this, but keep your nutrients up or you will be doing damage to your body that you cant see ... think of it this way, your heart is a muscle, your muscles require protein and energy to function ... if you arent giving your body that, your not giving your heart that ... does that not scare you a little!? :smile:
BenJi man
yes I do. well I eat till I dont feel hungry anymore.

You eat a piece of bread then you're full up?
Reply 34
Err, I'm 5'9", and 9 and 1/2 stone. I eat like a horse and definitely got excess fat on me. I wouldn't say 7lbs lighter and I'd be verging on anorexic.
I think you're fine, if you want to eat more - do.
Reply 35
Aqualung
Err, I'm 5'9", and 9 and 1/2 stone. I eat like a horse and definitely got excess fat on me. I wouldn't say 7lbs lighter and I'd be verging on anorexic.
I think you're fine, if you want to eat more - do.

Then you must have a warped image of yourself. I am 5'6" and I weigh the same as you, and I am not fat. I'm not skinny, not not fat. You're on the lower end of your weight for your hight.... Maybe you should go to your GP too.

OP, you really should eat more healthily. In the long run it will do you a lot more harm then good, you should aim to eat at least 1200 calories doing the amount of exercise you are, and you should eat a little of everything. Like others have said, not only are you damaging your leg, arm and whatever mussels, you're damaging your heart, and your brain by limiting the nutrients it is receiving.
Reply 36
Magic Dust
Then you must have a warped image of yourself. I am 5'6" and I weigh the same as you, and I am not fat. I'm not skinny, not not fat. You're on the lower end of your weight for your hight.... Maybe you should go to your GP too.

I can assure everyone I don't have a warped image of myself, I think the OP must. I'm a size 12 top, 12/14 bottoms. My hips are 39" and the tape measure can't lie!
I'm not sure how people at my height can get away with being up to 11st 13lbs (according to the NHS bmi calculator), and not yet be classed as overweight. Sheesh, I think I'd be nearer obese!
I'd love to be 9 stone, and I think I would be if I ate correctly and did a tiny bit of exercise. OP, just get to your natural weight, don't throw up and don't restrict your food intake. You're not going to get overweight any time soon, so just relax about the whole thing. I also don't think you're going to be anorexic either.
Reply 37
Aqualung
I can assure everyone I don't have a warped image of myself, I think the OP must. I'm a size 12 top, 12/14 bottoms. My hips are 39" and the tape measure can't lie!
I'm not sure how people at my height can get away with being up to 11st 13lbs (according to the NHS bmi calculator), and not yet be classed as overweight. Sheesh, I think I'd be nearer obese!
I'd love to be 9 stone, and I think I would be if I ate correctly and did a tiny bit of exercise. OP, just get to your natural weight, don't throw up and don't restrict your food intake. You're not going to get overweight any time soon, so just relax about the whole thing. I also don't think you're going to be anorexic either.

How can I be smaller then you? :s-smilie: I don't understand (I don't mean that in a mean way) Your BMI is about 19.9 which is on the lower side of normal...
I used to be 5ft 10, and around the same weight and I felt very concious of what I was eating at the time. For that height and weight its very difficult to maintain it naturally.
I would say if you feel your eating patterns/behaviours are becoming a problem then you should talk to your GP about this before it gets more difficult. I tend to think if you are aware you don't have a natural relationship with food, you are probably right.
I wouldn't dsay your weight was necessarily a worry, but throwing up after eating unhealthily, and not eating a lot generally, are worrying. I think you should talk to someone. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest