The Student Room Group

Anyone Need Hair Help????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hi could anyone help me please. I have midbrown thick wavy/curly hair, currently a bit longer than shoulder length with long layers and a side fringe and parting. I prefer to let my hair dry naturally but at the moment I don't think my hair looks nice/curly enough when I do this. Do you think cutting my hair shorter (to base of my neck) with shorter layers and a more sweeping side fringe would look better ? Please reply, I'm going for a haircut tomorrow :smile:
Hi,

I live in Ireland and was over in Derby recently visiting family and I noticed alot of guys with a hairstyle I liked that I never seen before. Its long on the sides(sort of like sideburns but hair)not covering the ears and scissor cropped at the back with usually a long fringe but sometimes a short fringe.I have tried to copy it since and it looks alright but it would be much easier if I had a picture or knew what it was called
Reply 102
My hair is SO flat!!! It just hangs, what do I do to give it more volume?!
Reply 103
Hi i need real help, i had dyed my hair with purple red dye from loreal for 2 years. I've used pink colour b4 remover and my hair turned into complete ginger nightmere which i hate :eek: . I need to do something really quick and i dont want to go for the same treatment (colour b4) again. Can someone help me with real advice? I saw few answers from producer Scott Cornwall, it would be nice to hear from u as well (but please dont write to me the same whats on the leaflet). I want to go for permanent Light Ash Blonde Dye now and im really worried about results :confused: . Please help me. Thank U
Reply 104
Hello to everyone, i wrote be4 about product which is called COLOUR B4 remover and i waited for answer from producent but i think he is too busy answering other emails why this crappy product is not working. So my advise to EVERYONE who wants to remove colour from your hair go to professionals who know what they doing because this **** is not working no matter how many times u use it. black box, pink box doesnt matter if u colour your hair few times its not gonna work. IT WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR GINGER AND THEN GINGER AND THEN GINGER AGAIN. Dont fool yourself and spend more money in salon instead of buying this worthless product.
Reply 105
Hello to everyone, i wrote be4 about product which is called COLOUR B4 remover and i waited for answer from producent but i think he is too busy answering other emails why this crappy product is not working. So my advise to EVERYONE who wants to remove colour from your hair go to professionals who know what they doing because this **** is not working no matter how many times u use it. black box, pink box doesnt matter if u colour your hair few times its not gonna work. IT WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR GINGER AND THEN GINGER AND THEN GINGER AGAIN. Dont fool yourself and spend more money in salon instead of buying this worthless product.
Original post by tdy

Hi There

Your comment seem very interesting to me. I notice you have only posted three times on the student forum and those three comments are on this very post. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you are studying, what your name is and why you haven't decided to contribute to any other student related discussions. I know all the users on this forum are very vocal on many subjects and it seems quite strange you have only contributed to one!

I'd also whole heartedly agree that if someone can get a colour correction done at the salon then why bother trying to do it yourself at home. It just interests me to know which professionals will do an entire colour correction for anywhere between £9.99 and £11.99 (the cost of a box of Colour B4).

I would be not only delighted to endorse this salon, but I will absolutely support every colour correction it is able to do that not only costs less than £11.99 but also doesn't involve a bleach bath which will turn the hair more orange than you could ever imagine. Usually salon colour corrections cost around £200 and use bleach to get the result - this was why I created Colour B4. Again though, you obviously know somewhere different so you must share your information with us as all the students on this forum are not in financial positions to be running off to salons and getting it done 'professionally'. In fact as a 'student' yourself I'm confused you didn't know this. Every student understands the necessity to economise and make their money last!

Also (as you are clearly a colour expert yourself) I wonder if you can explain how it is possible for a product like Colour B4 (which does not contain an oxative) to lighten hair and turn it orange? In order for hair to go orange, its usually been coloured with a product that contains peroxide (which does lighten the natural hair - even on black results). However, it seems unlikely that anyone who would use a box Hair Colour Remover would ever have used an artificial colour right? Surely so - othewise you'd know the hair would have been previously treated with peroxide and could have gone ginger under all those artificial colour pigments you were wanting to remove.

We all look forward to reading your many other posts on the student forum and are glad you are making use of it. It would be horrible to think a corporation or hair professional with a petty insecurity would use a place where information is shared as a means to scare and manipulate (mostly) young and inpressionable consumers into fearing home colouring and spending vast amounts of money in a salon environment.

Kind Regards

Scott Cornwall
Hi is there anything interesting I can do with my hair? :smile:
Hi There,

My first thought (after seeing your photos) would be for you to get a close french crop. Your hair is thick and has a wave in it and usually if you crop this hair fairly close to the head and keep it blunt around the face it gives quite a dramatic look that would work well with your face.

I think if you want to keep it long you should consider getting it straightened as it has a lot of bulk to it and you need to 'flatten' that out. If you permanently straighten it and then get it cut closer at the nape and around the ears you could wear a side parting and go with the Don Draper/Mad Men look which is really fashionable right now.
Hello Scott,

I recently got my hair cut, it's about 1.5" on top, with the sides and back much shorter. I wanted to spike it like this (possibly a little longer) but I'm having trouble; I can't work out how to put gel in. :confused: Using finger tips or palms or I dunno :p: and when I do it doesn't seem to work either. Any help? Thanks
Reply 110
Relaxed, medium length healthy hair-and I want it to stay that way! Any advice as to how to style daily without the use of irons so as to prevent any potential damage??? Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
Hello Scott,

I recently got my hair cut, it's about 1.5" on top, with the sides and back much shorter. I wanted to spike it like this (possibly a little longer) but I'm having trouble; I can't work out how to put gel in. :confused: Using finger tips or palms or I dunno :p: and when I do it doesn't seem to work either. Any help? Thanks

The best way to spike hair is by applying the gel or gel spray (can be better) to wet hair, combing through very well and spiking the hair up once you have combed it through and the key is to then 'blast' dry it with a hairdryer and really blasting the air into the roots and pull the spikes upward with your hands. The airflow from the dryer will create and set the spikes.

Once you have used the hairdryer - you can rub a tiny bit more gel into your palms and lightly run it through your hair to get the spikes to look a little sharper.
Original post by Escriba
Relaxed, medium length healthy hair-and I want it to stay that way! Any advice as to how to style daily without the use of irons so as to prevent any potential damage??? Thanks. :smile:

Yes, I'd tell you to try roller setting it (when wet) and letting it dry naturally, then using dry shampoo every day to keep the 'curl' and shape in place. Try to limit the amount of time you wash it and use Argan Oil when you do wash it and a tangle teezer as this will really help retain your condition!
Original post by ScottCornwall
The best way to spike hair is by applying the gel or gel spray (can be better) to wet hair, combing through very well and spiking the hair up once you have combed it through and the key is to then 'blast' dry it with a hairdryer and really blasting the air into the roots and pull the spikes upward with your hands. The airflow from the dryer will create and set the spikes.

Once you have used the hairdryer - you can rub a tiny bit more gel into your palms and lightly run it through your hair to get the spikes to look a little sharper.

AWESOME! I just tried it and it worked perfectly - thanks! :biggrin:
Hi!

I'm trying to grow my hair long, but because I use hot styling tools quite often, I get split ends.

I have to get it trimmed regularly because of my rubbish ends... how do I grow my hair if it's always getting trimmed?

Thank you!
Hi Scott,

I was wondering if you could help me with this delicate dilemma. Basically I need to know how to set fire to a person's pubes.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

TRDV
Hi Scott

I'm planning on home-dying my hair this colour:

http://www.georgiataylor.co.uk/cas25-8x.jpg
http://www.georgiataylor.co.uk/cas25-8c.jpg

And I just wondered if you could give me some idea what that shade would be called? I know its a bit of a silly question, but I always find it really difficult to choose between the different shades when I'm in the shop! And also, is it more of a cool, warm or neutral-toned colour?

I'd be so grateful if you could give me answer!

Reply 117
Hello Scott Cornwall

I hope you can help me with my hair colour problem and let me know if your colour removal will help me get my natural hair colour back (original hair was Black)

I have dyed my hair couples of times at home..1st time I dyed was about 2 years ago...i used L'Oreal product which I cant excatly remeber the name but it was blonde colour and the result turned out 2 be wrong and not wat i expected ..it was burgundy/dark redish colour which i didnt like it but kept that for a year...then I re-dye using black powder dye (Type of Japanese hair colour) to get close to my natural colour and it has made the redish colour faded away after few months later but the last bits especially the ends of the hair were the same colour in the light. After this I haven't done anything to my hair for at least a yr n half until last week Saturday, dyed AGAIN using Garnier Nutrisse 73 Golden Blonde (I haven't realised was permanent type) and was aiming to get light ash brown colour which i have achieved on the roots and top kind middle part of the hair but the rest of my hair is black and it doesn't look all nice and pretty like I wanted :frown:......... i was wondering if i use your colour B4 will help me get back my natural hair colour (black)? If not what colour will i achieve at the end if I use this product and what type shall i use the "extra strength colour remover or just the normal Colour B4 ? What is the diffrent between the two of the product in terms of how effective they are to remove colour ? I'm soo sorry for asking to many questions =///=..I'm jst dying to get help before i make another disaster out my hair ???

ThAnk you sooo much ??? X3

Shadia

this is picture recent colour i used!

Reply 118
Hello Scott Cornwall

I hope you can help me with my hair colour problem and let me know if your colour removal will help me get my natural hair colour back (original hair was Black)

I have dyed my hair couples of times at home..1st time I dyed was about 2 years ago...i used L'Oreal product which I cant excatly remeber the name but it was blonde colour and the result turned out 2 be wrong and not wat i expected ..it was burgundy/dark redish colour which i didnt like it but kept that for a year...then I re-dye using black powder dye (Type of Japanese hair colour) to get close to my natural colour and it has made the redish colour faded away after few months later but the last bits especially the ends of the hair were the same colour in the light. After this I haven't done anything to my hair for at least a yr n half until last week Saturday, dyed AGAIN using Garnier Nutrisse 73 Golden Blonde (I haven't realised was permanent type) and was aiming to get light ash brown colour which i have achieved on the roots and top kind middle part of the hair but the rest of my hair is black and it doesn't look all nice and pretty like I wanted :frown:......... i was wondering if i use your colour B4 will help me get back my natural hair colour (black)? If not what colour will i achieve at the end if I use this product and what type shall i use the "extra strength colour remover or just the normal Colour B4 ? What is the diffrent between the two of the product in terms of how effective they are to remove colour ? I'm soo sorry for asking to many questions =///=..I'm jst dying to get help before i make another disaster out my hair ???

ThAnk you sooo much ??? X3

Shadia

this is picture recent colour i used!

Hi :smile:

I have bleached my hair at home and have been left with verry light blonde/orange in the lengths and pale yellow at the roots. What should I do next? Would a blonde dye cover it?

Quick Reply

Latest