The Student Room Group

If the AS12 letter got lost

I am speaking on behalf of a friend. He is worried about getting the AS12 letter lost in the post, and the university won't recieve it. If it really got lost in the post, my friend and the university has no proof that the AS12 reply slip is sent.

What should my friend do to prove that he sent the AS12 reply slip to the university if it got lost in the post?
Reply 1
PQ
http://www.ucas.com/student/faqs/post_app.html#q15

If you're worried about your slip being lost en route to your uni then send it recorded delivery (60p + stamp price)...or send it standard first class but from a post office and ask for a certificate of posting.

After it's sent give it a week to arrive and be processed and then contact your uni - if it's got lost in transit then ask them what they want you to send in it's place.

Thanks PQ. I would tell my friend to send it standard first class and ask for a certificate of posting.
Reply 2
when is the latest i can send it?
I have yet to recieve mine :eek:
I have yet to get an unconditional :eek:
Reply 3
I sent mine recorded delivery
Reply 4
PQ
When UCAS track changed to "Accepted" then it'll be on it's way to you.

You'll have to have it forwarded on to your firm uni by 14 days after the date on the letter (the day that Track goes to Accepted). If that's likely to be a problem then contact the uni concerned and explain the problems with postage times and ask what they would like you to do.

and by when does it have to go to accepted? I've sent my grades a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard anything
I sent mine by recorded delievery earlier i think its worth paying that little bit extra. I presume if it gets lost in post, the university will ring people who's slips they haven't recieved to double check, rather than just presume they don't want the place.
I'm sure that if they didn't receive any response at all they would probably contact you before assuming you hadn't replied.

Anyone who sends/receives post frequently (especially office staff like me!) knows how unreliable the postal system can be at times! Always best to use recorded delivery for important stuff, or at least get proof of posting!
There's no point getting a certificate of posting or even using recorded delivery because the actual bit of paper isn't worth anything - so Royal Mail won't give you any compensation, and the university will most likely not accept 'I've sent it and have proof of posting' in it's place.

Take a photocopy before you send it, so that you can always fax that to them later. Or if you're ultra-paranoid then get your wallet out and send it Special Delivery - then it's 99.999999% guaranteed to get there.
Reply 8
It's (fear of being lost) the reason I send all my correspondence to Imperial by special first class delivery.

Me <------ paranoid :biggrin:
Reply 9
I will tell my friend to do a recorded delivery and photocopy the AS 12 reply slip like Kingspharm mentioned above.
yes, recorded delivery for everything :smile:

EVERYTHING I'm sending to Nottingham is going Recorded, and forms to LEA (Loan etc) is going Special, as they claimed to have lost my application originally, this time they have no excuse :mad:
Reply 11
My uni said we didn't have to send back slip unless we didn't want to go anymore, but i did anyway as was paranoid!
Reply 12
Pepaim
My uni said we didn't have to send back slip unless we didn't want to go anymore, but i did anyway as was paranoid!

:eek: It's a good idea to still send it though! It's safe to do that and follow what the UCAS letter says.

On the UCAS letter it says 'it is important you return your reply slip to the address given within 14 days of this letter, or your place may be offered to someone else'.

It's strange that some universities like yours don't need to send the slip back. I guess your university knows that students who chose them would go for sure or something like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending