The Student Room Group

Does your facebook friend count ever fluctuate for no apparent reason?

Do you ever find that one day you'll have one less friend than you did the day before, and then the day after that they'll have mysteriously returned again? Is it when people close their accounts temporarily?
Reply 1
Yeah, happens to me constantly, not sure why
I don't even know how many friends I have on facebook.
Reply 3
To be fair, for me it may well be because I don't keep track of people I haven't spoken to in a while, so they delete me, or have their Facebooks removed. Plus the number goes up because half the time I go out and get hammered I seem to have got in a conversation with someone that ends up with them adding me :yep:
It means people are deleting your ass, this happens to me often.:nopity:
Yep, happens to me too I think - I click on my friends list some days and think "hmm, I swear that number was different yesterday" :lol:
Does your facebook 'add friend' count ever fluctuate for no apparent reason? Buy a new mouse :ta:

Spoiler

Reply 7
I think there is something else going on besides people just adding and deleting one another for instance I have noticed that there have been times when my friend count has dropped then increased over a short time even when I haven't added any new friends. I've had friends disable their accounts occasionally but I don't think that's whats doing it.
yes, let us take for example when I had set up a bookface account. Having scoured bookface for what seemed like an eternity, I added precisely 451 of my closest friends. Inevitably, within hours my friends list increased by 451 people. Within minutes My wall was showered by kinds words that I had so dearly missed in boarding school. Words such as "Fork you Carnt!" and "derkhead". Within seconds, the friends list gradually started to drop and within seconds.. I was down by 450 people.

Atleast my mother will never un-friend me.
Reply 9
Its not where you've added new friends because you know when you do, it comes up as a notification. I doubt its people deleting you either because chances are were not all the kind of people who piss people off so much they get deleted, and the number does always tend to go back up :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest