The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Transferring university

Hi, so one of my friend came from other country to study in Uk. She got sponsored by University of hertfordshire, but it's so far from my home. She is new and doesn't know much about Uk. My question is can she change University and pick an University near me so that I can help her. Pls help
Original post by Prince_Mughal
Hi, so one of my friend came from other country to study in Uk. She got sponsored by University of hertfordshire, but it's so far from my home. She is new and doesn't know much about Uk. My question is can she change University and pick an University near me so that I can help her. Pls help

Does the uni you want her to transfer to still have space on her preferred course - i.e. is it in Clearing for international students? If not, then she won't be able to join you, unfortunately.

Many international students arrive in the UK feeling nervous and unsure, but then soon settle in and make friends. Is there any reason to suspect that she won't do the same?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by Prince_Mughal

Hi there,
Your friend would be best advised to contact the International team at the university she would potentially like to move to in the first instance, as a new application and sponsorship would have to be organised. She would need to withdraw from her sponsorship with the University of Hertfordshire and return home whilst applying for a new sponsorship. Our International Office can be contacted at: [email protected] for further clarification and guidance.
We hope that your friend will soon settle into life at Herts and that she reaches out to the various student support teams who will be able to help. We would also recommend she joins our Facebook group to ask any questions she may have:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2114658538854051/
Hope this helps and wishing your friend all the best.
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending