The Student Room Group

im so scared im revising and nothing is ******* going in

Hey guys i do not know what the **** to do cuz i am trying to revise and kinda cram for my exams in 17 days and im really angry and scared cuz nothing is ******* going in. I try to read and write but everything is just jumbled up and i cant ******* remember it. I need to get Mostly As and i dont remember any of my ******* stupid retarded course material, i really need some help cuz im freaking out.:mad::frown: :mad: :frown:
what subject/s ? :smile:
Reply 2
Stop panicking -this automatically makes it impossible to revise. I also get this weird block sometimes but it is better if you go away for a bit do something else and stop thinking about how long it is to the exam then come back to your revision calmer and try to remember one thing from it then it should be easier to revise.
What exam boards for each subject?
Reply 4
It will be fine, what I find to be helpful is making revision cards, however late on it is (I am a serial last minute reviser), and as you set out the stuff in card/note form you'll find it goes in. And you have simple cards with the basic stuff on to learn from, as opposed to pages of scary notes/textbook stuff which don't make any sense.
Reply 5
student_one
what subject/s ? :smile:

Science AQA
English AQA
psychology OCR
resistant materials OCR
french AQA
maths OCR
R.E EDXCELL
citizenship OCR
geography OCR
Reply 6
yeh calm down

have regular breaks and then come back and write down everything you remember on what you just did

and fyi, this will happen every time you have exams
source: experience
Reply 7
Slow everything down.

Cramming is not '17 days' before the exam, it's 1-2 days before the exam.

I find there's two types of learners, crammers and long-term absorbers :wink:.

Long-term absorbers find they take in knowledge best when they start months/weeks before.
Crammers revise the exam they have the next day, the night before.

I'm also finding it extremely hard to revise at the moment, but that's because I'm a crammer. If I start now, my brain is telling me I'll forget it when the exams come.

But not panicing is a good idea.
If you're finding reading/writing notes/revision guides is difficult, go on bitesize and download an audio tape/file.
Then try playing the audio tape on your iPod (touch) when you're asleep and see if it goes in.
I have a friend who learns by recording her notes then playing it back in her sleep and she knows EVERYTHING. It may or may not work for you but try it out and see if it helps :biggrin:
Firstly dont panic as you waste your time panicking and a good thing to do is print the syllabuses for all your subjects as it means you learn what you need to and you dont waste your time learning rubbish. Use your time wisely too; lunch times can add an extra hour to your revision each day whilst also giving you the chance to go and see your teacher if you have difficulty with something :smile:
Go have a glass of water, put some music on in the background (Not too loud and NO lyrics), relax and find a comfortable place to sit. Then just read through slowly, ensuring you've pictured what was just read in your head, and try to repeat what youve read without looking at the book.
Reply 10
It'll go in when it wants to go in, if it never goes in, **** it.
Reply 11
The stress is going to make it worse. Take some time out to get rid of some stress. I'd personally recommend exercise.. if I'm stressed the gym helps me.

Then go at it when you're calm. If reading things isn't making it go in, try making little revision cards.. that's what I do. Just put some basic information on of different topic areas, and any key words/studies whatever.
Reply 12
take some out like going to the park or even doing something fun will reduce the stress
if you panick, you may not take it in as much as your brain is panicking and trying to absorb info at the same time= not good
read for 20-25 minutes, take a break and promise yourself to reward yourself so you'll be motivcated to work harder
also print out the specification for all your subjects so you'll know what to revise and what not to revise

finally, (i never knew there was a GCSE in phycology)
Reply 13
I suggest you go see your doctor for anti depressants as they are very good for exams ; they can get you extremely wound up, stressed and the tablets make you revise better.

Also try to approach revising in a different way, bitesize, books, videos, tape recordings.

And also take short breaks once on a while and treat yourself!

If you are still feeling depressed and worried about your exams I suggest you go see your doctor for anti depressants as they are very good for exams ; they can get you extremely wound up, stressed and the tablets make you revise better.

Regards, best of luck :yep:
This thread automatically made me think of the inbetweeners when wills revising ha ha
but for you all you got to do is chill don't over work it because its counter productive revise for and hour stop for an hour then come back to it and test yourself thats how i revise anyway
Reply 15
Tomato_Soup1992
Go have a glass of water, put some music on in the background (Not too loud and NO lyrics), relax and find a comfortable place to sit. Then just read through slowly, ensuring you've pictured what was just read in your head, and try to repeat what youve read without looking at the book.

I recommend not doing this in this exact fashion. A textbook is written in a particular way, it's not designed to be read through like a novel, really. A textbook has titles and subheadings for a reason (not having a go at your method btw, it's just less effective than if you read it in a textbook way. :p:)

If you Google "how to read a textbook", OP, you will find many tips and methods such as the SQ3R method here:
* Survey - before you read, scan the titles, headings, pictures and chapter summaries
* Question - actively ask yourself questions as you read such as, what are the key topics in this section/chapter?
* Read - read for comprehension, locate concepts and facts, record and reduce information in the margins
* Review - practice and rehearse the main concepts, reflect on key learnings, anticipate exam questions
* Recite - transfer information to long term memory
Reply 16
13 days till my exams start and I'm only starting to revise now and I'm feeling like one of the last starting but i know exactly what you mean by being a crammer its so true
i just do some notes now and read them more and more as the time comes but i feel like it'll just leave my mind by the exams
Reply 17
Original post by jelementality
Hey guys i do not know what the **** to do cuz i am trying to revise and kinda cram for my exams in 17 days and im really angry and scared cuz nothing is ******* going in. I try to read and write but everything is just jumbled up and i cant ******* remember it. I need to get Mostly As and i dont remember any of my ******* stupid ******ed course material, i really need some help cuz im freaking out.:mad::frown: :mad: :frown:

😂😂😂😂😂😂🫵🏻🫵🏻🫵🏻🫵🏻🫵🏻😂🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Latest