The Student Room Group

Struggling with motivation...

i dont know what it is but i just havent been motivated to revise like i used to. i did so much more revision for my mock exams than my real exams and like i feel guilty that im not revising as much but on the same token like i just cant bring myself to do it.
for example, everytime i try to revise i already know it and so it puts me off revision and so i dont revise but then i feel guilty that i havent revised ITS NEVER ENDING TORMENT...
i feel like my grades have dropped because of this, after every exam i feel really confident but after a few hours i feel like ive flopped the whole paper and i cant help thinking its because i havent put in enough effort at the right time (as i revised lots more for mocks and leading up to exams).
can anyone else relate? does anybody have advise?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i dont know what it is but i just havent been motivated to revise like i used to. i did so much more revision for my mock exams than my real exams and like i feel guilty that im not revising as much but on the same token like i just cant bring myself to do it.
for example, everytime i try to revise i already know it and so it puts me off revision and so i dont revise but then i feel guilty that i havent revised ITS NEVER ENDING TORMENT...
i feel like my grades have dropped because of this, after every exam i feel really confident but after a few hours i feel like ive flopped the whole paper and i cant help thinking its because i havent put in enough effort at the right time (as i revised lots more for mocks and leading up to exams).

i can totally relate
mocks, i did heavy revsision for and now, with gcses its all meh and i cant be bothered
i feel like its because with me, gcses feel like a mock....i think that the mocks like took the stress away if u get me, like theres no mega stress with gcses than what i had for mocks
i really want to revise, but its like oh ik this or ive done this recently or this probs wont come up
i think maybe u could do past papers and watever u get wrong just go over that? thats why im trying to do - for eg with maths theres a website called onmaths - https://www.onmaths.com/ - it has maths papers online and it can tell u what grade ull like get as u go thru the paper
also try to do what u did for the mocks, do the same revision stuff, same scedule ig idk
but um yh
dont worry, i feel how u feel - ur not alone!
best of luck tho for ur gcses and good luck <3
hope this helped x
Reply 2
Original post by A____J
i can totally relate
mocks, i did heavy revsision for and now, with gcses its all meh and i cant be bothered
i feel like its because with me, gcses feel like a mock....i think that the mocks like took the stress away if u get me, like theres no mega stress with gcses than what i had for mocks
i really want to revise, but its like oh ik this or ive done this recently or this probs wont come up
i think maybe u could do past papers and watever u get wrong just go over that? thats why im trying to do - for eg with maths theres a website called onmaths - https://www.onmaths.com/ - it has maths papers online and it can tell u what grade ull like get as u go thru the paper
also try to do what u did for the mocks, do the same revision stuff, same scedule ig idk
but um yh
dont worry, i feel how u feel - ur not alone!
best of luck tho for ur gcses and good luck <3
hope this helped x

thank you, glad to know i am not alone! the thing is i have done all the past papers for all my subjects which they're important for (science and maths mainly) so when i say i really have nothing i genuinely mean it haha, its my fault i guess for using everything up too quickly. i feel as if i've messed up my real grades because of this aah.
Reply 3
thank you, glad to know i am not alone! the thing is i have done all the past papers for all my subjects which they're important for (science and maths mainly) so when i say i really have nothing i genuinely mean it haha, its my fault i guess for using everything up too quickly. i feel as if i've messed up my real grades because of this aah.

oh right, well... i guess now u could just go over lots of content i guess?
it's okay, as long as u did okay in ur mocks (which im hoping u did cuz then this bit will just be weird) and u put in as much effort as u can, im sure you'll do great, (hopefully) x
and its good that uve alrdy done loads of past papers, at least u have the proper gist of what exam qs r like and stuff and what they expect
anyway, good luck tomorrow!!! (with english, im assuming?)
right now, im just lazing about tbh and doing bits and bats here an there... im so demotivated rnnn, but its the effort u put in that counts!
#U GOT DISSSS FELLOW GCSE PERSON :headbang::party:
I believe in u x (if that means anything?"
~Aj
Original post by A____J
it's okay, as long as u did okay in ur mocks (which im hoping u did cuz then this bit will just be weird) and u put in as much effort as u can, im sure you'll do great, (hopefully) x
and its good that uve alrdy done loads of past papers, at least u have the proper gist of what exam qs r like and stuff and what they expect
right now, im just lazing about tbh and doing bits and bats here an there... im so demotivated rnnn, but its the effort u put in that counts!
~Aj

Exactly, Everyone has got this !!! :smile::smile::smile: :headbang:
Reply 5
Original post by A____J
~Aj

thank you it does mean alot, i believe in you too!
and yes i did do alright in mocks haha dont worry.
good luck tomorrow; you've got this!
Reply 6
thank you it does mean alot, i believe in you too!
and yes i did do alright in mocks haha dont worry.
good luck tomorrow; you've got this!

no probs xx
oh thats fine then, ull defo do okay <3
thanks uuu xxxxxxx

Hi @Anonymous I totally get how you are feeling and have been in a similar situation myself. What I recommend doing is creating a detailed timetable with what you want to revise included, this will give you guidance when siting down to revise so your are maximising your delegated revision time. As well as this I would recommend going over topics you think you know just make sure everything is covered. Once you have completed your revision sessions I would recommend trying to complete a test. Whilst these are good tips to incorporate on your own, I would also recommend a change of scenery perhaps a coffee shop or try to organise a study group with your friends this will help to motivate you. Hope this helps!

Gurpej Kaur(Student Rep)
Reply 8

hey there! listen, if u ever feel demotivated, talk to some people around u, watch some productive videos but just know that it is okay to go at your pace as it shd work for u. try and convince yourself that there is no point in feeling scared as you shd get on with it and every time ur down, think of the celebrations and the joy of passing the exams and sharing that experience with your friends. hope it helps and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending