The Student Room Group
Reply 1
jessie437
Please help me I have a history AS mock in 2 days and I just cannot remember anything
I have all of these notes but I have so much to learn its really panicking me, any tips guys?

Condense and re-write your notes, make them smaller, just write keywords. Use colours. Read through a few times. Then hide them and test your knowledge and get someone to test you, re-read what you forget. Keep doing it.

Or... Use revision cards. Which work the same as hiding your notes and testing yourself. Put the ones you remember into one pile, put the ones you don't into another. Then keep testing yourself with the ones you don't know.

It's the only way I've ever been able to memorise things.

(Hope my writing doesn't confuse you)
Well your mock has already past but I have a couple of tips according to what I do.

1) I have little square bits of coloured paper. I condense key facts onto each piece of paper. Each piece has a seperate topic within the subject (e.g in Psychology I have a card for 'Biological approach to abnormality' and another for 'Biological therapies for abnormality'). I go through a card at a time and remember the short bits of info at a time. I remember the one small card. Then move on. Remembering in little bits is easier.

Repetition is essential unfortunately :/

2) Another idea only works with remember certain words. It's called 'Peg word method'. Hope this makes sense, cos it really does work up to 100+ words!!

Say you had to remember the key words: Bethlehem, Jesus, and Bible...

- One (rhymes with) - Bun - (choose word to remember and associate it with 'Bun' by creating an image in head.) Image of a bakery in 'Bethlehem' selling buns.

- Two - Shoe - Imagine an image of 'Jesus' wearing some new shoes.

- Three - Tree - Imagine the Bible on the tree of life in the garden of Eden.

It may sound silly but I managed to remember around 15 words in order (didn't try any more so could go on!). It can help with remidning you of key facts, and getting them in order.
Please let me know if this helps you.

x

Latest

Trending

Trending