The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Isn't this supposed to be in the Beauty forum?

Answer to your question: No I don't. They're new, why would I want to wash them? :confused:
Reply 2
Xanthe

o, how do I move it there?
Reply 3
Solomon
o, how do I move it there?

Ask a moderator (names are in blue, orange or red)
Reply 4
Its already here I moved it. :smile:
Reply 5
Xanthe

Answer to your question: No I don't. They're new, why would I want to wash them? :confused:

Because lots of grubby people will have tried them on :smile:
Reply 6
yeah i wash them, it feels better that way. even though no one has tried it before me a lot of people could have touched it.
Reply 7
_EMMA_
yeah i wash them, it feels better that way. even though no one has tried it before me a lot of people could have touched it.

how do you know no ones tried it before you?
Reply 8
Damn, up until now, I just wear em ... Don't think much.

Ewww disgusting :eek:
Sometimes I wash before wearing, sometimes I don't. It just depends where I buy the clothes from!
Reply 10
nah, I don't wash them, only some items, like ones I got in the sale that you can see many have tried on and so on. can't be bothered, i mean, if one or two people have tried them on, doesn't really make it disgusting, it's not like people who go shopping are disgusting or anything.
Reply 11
when i buy new clothes i usually want to wear them right away so i cant be bothered washin them!
Reply 12
Adarah
nah, I don't wash them, only some items, like ones I got in the sale that you can see many have tried on and so on. can't be bothered, i mean, if one or two people have tried them on, doesn't really make it disgusting, it's not like people who go shopping are disgusting or anything.

True ... I think I'll let my new clothes be. :smile:
I don't bother washing them...but although after watching that 'Sugar Rush' where the girl's mother borrowed her daughter's jeans and passed lice onto her, now I think twice about trying on clothes and wearing them before washing them.
Reply 14
Adarah
nah, I don't wash them, only some items, like ones I got in the sale that you can see many have tried on and so on. can't be bothered, i mean, if one or two people have tried them on, doesn't really make it disgusting, it's not like people who go shopping are disgusting or anything.[/QUOTE]

um what are you basing that on?! "disgusting people" need to go shopping too :smile:
No, and no, i wouldn't even consider buying 2nd hand clothes. Sorry if people think that sounds bad but tough.
Reply 16
I never wash new clothes that I buy... which is weird as I work in retail and know that when someone tries them on we put the straight back on the rail afterwards. But it doesn't really phase me, for some reason.

If I buy second hand clothes I do wash them, however, unles si buy from a vintage store which I know washes them before putting them on the rail.
Reply 17
I usually hang them in the wardrobe with the tags on til I wear them. I only wash items that you can see need washing, but I don't really buy those! Although the first time I wear them I don't wear them for long anyway.
I don't wash them but buy them before people try them on really when they come new into store!
nah, i just wear them

Latest