University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
WELSHKNIGHT
any views, any one know anything?

My bro was in Burkhardt house (?) and it was very nice, best student accommodation I have seen. but then again I have only seen 2 halls. dreading what i am going to end up in in sheffield
Reply 4
bump

am i the only person in this hall?
Reply 5
my sister goes to a school called hulme hall. thats all i know.
you're extremely close to 'Sangams' where you can purchase the best kebab in manchester/the world. Chicken Doner, yum! :smile:

if i lived in Hulme, i'd be a really fat boy right now :redface:
Reply 7
is it really on muggers mile
it's on what's known as muggers mile...yes...but don't worry about it, as long as you're careful, and avoid going out alone at night...you'll be fine...

i've stumbled down oxford place many a time at night...sometimes drunk, sometimes on my own (i obviously don't take my own advice :redface: ) and i've never had any problem whatsoever, never seen anything that looks even nearly like a mugging either...

don't worry!

but seriously...Sangams...good sh*t...go eat.:smile:
Reply 9
is hulme hall really on muggers mile?
erm...you kinda asked that already...and the answer is still yes.
Reply 11
yeh i thought you thought i was asking whether Sangams was on muggers mile, sorry for the confusion
Reply 12
is mugger's mile oxford place? i used to walk down there back to my halls all the time till a student was raped in broad daylight, after that i stuck to the main roads, havent been down oxford place for ages. hulme hall is quite near the end though, near rusholme so you wont have to go too far.
unless i've made a big mistake, then yeah, Oxford Place is mugger's mile...

...didn't know about the rape there though! :eek:
Reply 14
yeah it was around january exams 2004 i think, there were notices around my halls telling girls not to go down there under any circumstances, so i didnt. i didnt really like it anyway. when we first got to uni they were telling us this is the safest route but it was always really quiet and took longer, it was better just to go down the anson road where there was more people and fewer shady corners for undesireables to hang out in.
Reply 15
how far is tesco from hulme hall? and how safe is the route?
Reply 16
theres a tesco about 5 minutes walk, if that. its on wilmslow road, on the way to uni, so youre not really on quite roads for long. its only a small tescos though. about 20 minutes walk the other way gets you to the big sainsbury's in fallowfield.
WELSHKNIGHT
how far is tesco from hulme hall? and how safe is the route?

about 3 minutes away...it's pretty safe...
Reply 18
3 minutes thats not far, thank god, thought it was close
Reply 19
and its open long into the evening for all your late night craving needs. there is also a blockbusters, and the whole curry mile of shops, chemists etc. i think there is a small somerfield near hulme hall as well. or was it tescos in particular you were looking for? there is always a huge queue in this one, be warned! many a time have i gone in on the way home to buy bananas and the queue was ridiculous.

oh there is a kwik save down the road as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending