Catered Accommodation

Doing my application and I'm still unsure about which residence will be best

The choices are:
- St Luke's
- Mardon Hall
- Exeter Halls
- Holland Hall
- Birks Grange

En-Suite are out of the question for being so expensive >_< and Twin rooms are out because I would prefer single rooms. So it will be the standard or enhanced single room.

Any tips on which to go for? (I'm doing Mathematics if that helps)
Reply 1
Well you've already ruled out Holland and Birks (unless you went for moberly) because they are the most expensive ones.
If you go for mardon or exeter halls you risk getting a double room as theres a mixture so you would just have to take the risk and hope for the best in case you don't get your first choice.
St Lukes isn't on the streatham campus (where I asume your studying?) so I guess that depends if you want a 30min plus walk to lectures...
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
So even if you choose the single rooms there's still a chance of getting put in the double ones? Oh crap
Reply 3
Yeah, I have a few friends who applied for single rooms and ended up in doubles. Having said that sometimes it works out really well and if it doesnt you can just put your name down on the list for a single room and move when one comes available
Reply 4
Mardon seems really nice. They also seem to have a really close knit community because there are so few of them. As for the risk of getting a double room, I wasn't aware there is any double rooms in Mardon? I was under the impression that every room is a single.
I've done my application now (picked Exeter Halls and Mardon) but here are the amount of single/double rooms from the website.

Hope Hall:
32 single enhanced at £146.65 pppw
9 single en-suite at £179.20 pppw
10 twin en-suite at £154.42 pppw

Lope Hall:
25 single standard at £128.45 pppw
32 twin standard at £112.91pppw

Mardon:
48 single enhanced at £146.65 pppw
29 twin enhanced at £129.64 pppw

I think if you get Hope Hall as your first choice you're guaranteed a single room (if you didn't pick en-suite). Only Lope and Mardon seems to be a lucky dip.

Latest

Trending

Trending