The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Not happy with given accommodations

I am not happy with allocated accommodations anyone looking to swap or in same situation.

Wanted self catering got catered what can i do.
Reply 1
I am in the same position. I received the email yesterday at 5pm and couldn't call them back. There was no option to choose alternative accommodation and I feel helpless. I have tried Unite Students and there is no vacancy there as well.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Adhu01
I am in the same position. I received the email yesterday at 5pm and couldn't call them back. There was no option to choose alternative accommodation and I feel helpless. I have tried Unite Students and there is no vacancy there as well.

Honestly we didn’t even select any from catered all options we chose was self catering so why students something they not chose
Same here. Didn’t get any of my preferences.

Got an email at 17:05, tried to call. Auto reply said the office is closed until Weds, but only have 5 days to accept or reject. Hoping it’s 5 working days.
Reply 4
Loughborough was an insurance choice for me and was allowed to choose accommodation only on Monday 21st. I selected all self catering options as soon as the lines opened at 10am. Didn't hear from them until Friday 5pm. It wasn't clear from the website that Unite student accommodation need to be booked separately and that's fully booked now.
Original post by Anonymous
I am not happy with allocated accommodations anyone looking to swap or in same situation.

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. I completely understand you want to ask what you can do. I am absolutely aware that you have been trying, but the Accommodation Centre should be back today, so please do get in touch with them at your earliest convenience as they are the best team to support you with your query. Just a reminder that you can call them on +44 (0)1509 274488 or email [email protected].

- Lindsay
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

What have you been offered ?
My daughters been offered standard accom. Might be interested in swapping
Reply 7
Original post by Lisa Ekkkk
What have you been offered ?
My daughters been offered standard accom. Might be interested in swapping

Have been offered towers which is catered sharing halls
is there a university housing Facebook group where you can look for someone to switch rooms with?
Original post by beautifulworld
is there a university housing Facebook group where you can look for someone to switch rooms with?

Hi @beautifulworld,

Great to hear from you! I think that your best option is to ask the Accommodation Centre for this. You can email them at [email protected].

- Lindsay
Anyone interested in a shared bathroom, self-catered Bill Mo room? Close to SU and Econ department. Please dm if interested.
Anyone interested in a shared bathroom, self-catered William Morris room? Close to SU, Loughborough Business School and William Morris buildings. Please DM if interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending