The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^ Last minute goal wasn't it? :frown:

Gem
Reply 221
Yeah, basically the last kick of the game :frown: Still staying up :smile:
Yeah, you'll definitely stay up. I wasn't at Brighton for our match there this season but by all accounts, we were lucky to take the 3 points.

Gem
Come on Reading! :biggrin:
Reply 224
One day Oxford will win again.
NDGAARONDI
Come on Reading! :biggrin:

Indeed. I wouldn't mind if Reading keep winning as well as us. I'd settle for 2nd place...winning the league is just a bonus. Noooo play offs please!

Gem
Oziris
Brighton 1 Palace 0 :biggrin::biggrin: Deja-vu so far :wink:

EDIT: Gah 1-1 :frown:

ANOTHER EDIT: 2-1 :biggrin: (Clearly I am the only one that cares about this match :wink:)

FFS EDIT :mad:: 2-2...

you forgot to edit 2-3 :biggrin: :biggrin:
Come on Bath City. We started this season well, looking like we may get into the conferance... but now we've dipped into mid-table and will probably end up there like the last couple of seasons. :frown:
Cardiff 1 - 1 Brighton
Crystal Palace 2 - 0 Coventry
Hull 1 - 1 Southampton
Ipswich 0 - 3 Reading
Leeds 2 - 0 Burnley
Leicester 2 - 2 Watford
Luton 4 - 1 Crewe
Millwall 1 - 0 Norwich
QPR 0 - 2 Preston
Sheff Wed 0 - 0 Plymouth
Stoke 1 - 2 Derby
Wolverhampton 0 - 0 Sheff Utd

Tonight results mean for the first time since 20th August the Blades are not top.
But Watford didn't win so still got a nice gap between us and 3rd place.
Cost me a fortune tonight and to see a poor 0-0 draw! Things ya do!

Gem
I've not been on here a while. Its called hiding. Oh well, thank god for Torquay being in the division otheriwse it looked like not winning a game until the end of the season. The problem is, it looks like I'm going ot have to hide my face again! At least Lincoln City is below us :biggrin:
4-1 to luton!!! things like that should be outlawed :biggrin:
Junglist101
4-1 to luton!!! things like that should be outlawed :biggrin:

:biggrin:

Apparently the game at Hillsborough was even more boring than the 1 I witnessed at Molineux. :p:

Gem
Reply 232
Come on norwich! we are really struggling at the mkoment though!

SACK worthington.
^ Can't believe it. I had you along with Wolves to be top 2 this season.

I look forward to playing Norwich at BL on boxing day!

Gem
Reply 234
I am not! I don't think there will be a good turnout on boxing day, our fans will be reluctant to travel all that way to see a certain loss!
We have one of the best squads in the league but none of them are playing well! Ashton has been shocking and huckerby lazy.
jurno
I am not! I don't think there will be a good turnout on boxing day, our fans will be reluctant to travel all that way to see a certain loss!
We have one of the best squads in the league but none of them are playing well! Ashton has been shocking and huckerby lazy.

Yeah. Diverby more like...he is even worse than Kabba and Tonge and nearly as bad as Johnson at Palace! :biggrin:

Gem
Gem, you're lucky that Warnock stayed! But, have the rumours disrupted the season further? 4-2 against Leicester, a slippery road ahead me thinks! We're going to the Ricoh and we're going to win! :biggrin:
^ More than likely messed our season up thanks to SUFC board, Warnock and Portsmouth.

Gem
Reply 238
Well, seeing as I'm back I figure I'd give a little background of where I stand on some of football's issues of the day. Hopefully this'll arouse discussion.

My team is Manchester United, and yes I do go and see them so don't start. I believe we're too young as a squad to challenge for the Premiership for a couple of years but stand more than a good chance in knock-out tournaments. In my opinion we need a central midfielder in the mould of Michael Carrick, Andrea Pirlo, Xavi etc, a deep-lying orchestrator of play with superior passing technique; proper cover for Gabriel Heinze because John O'Shea isn't natural enough there, and a plan B for when Wayne Rooney is unavailable (I propose two wingers to support the centre-forward, like how Chelsea operate). If I had a second team it would be Barcelona, I love them and all they stand for.

A word on the arch-nemesis Arsenal: they are on a decline. They are too full of foreigners for any proper team spirit to manifest itself, and they have no solution to the absence of the wonderful Thierry Henry. But come the close season they will have much to look forward to, with a new stadium and a potent threat in Robin van Persie. They could do with a centre-back, perhaps as captain.

I can't not mention Chelsea, so I will state that while I begrudge their overnight success and wealth (no parallels to be drawn with United, our money was earned from prior footballing success), I am satisfied that no one else truly believes their success is authentic. And, while their attack will suffice against the average Premiership team, I wouldn't consider it world-class. Didier Drogba in particular is not fit to play for European contenders, however good he thinks he is: he is a poor man's Samuel Eto'o (not often Chelsea are called the poor man!).

That'll do for now, more opinions will emerge as more discussion takes place.
your still up their though. we started slipping yesterday! leap frogged by leeds! :frown:

Latest