The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Leeds 2 Wednesday 1 is my prediction

I hope you're right.
Any self-respecting Watford fan will tell you, Watford are not very good. Those who say otherwise are deluding themselves.
AAJ1
I hope you're right.
Any self-respecting Watford fan will tell you, Watford are not very good. Those who say otherwise are deluding themselves.

Doesn't say much for Leeds then as Leeds are only 2 points ahead of Watford!

Gem
Reply 382
Doesn't say much for Leeds then as Leeds are only 2 points ahead of Watford

Precisely. We are not very good, at all.
We love you Ridsdale we do, we love you Ridsdale!

Your right, every Watford fan I know thinks Watford are crap. But that crap side will beat Leeds by the end of the season.
AAJ1
Precisely. We are not very good, at all.

Doing ok tonight against Wigan thankfully. Extra time please and same goes for Reading! Come on Leeds and Reading! :biggrin:

Gem
Reply 385
this game can go to penalties right?

if it does, who will win?
Hope Reading v West Brom & Leeds v Wigan goes to pens.

Think Reading will win and Leeds will win also.

Nice to see a huge attendance at Elland Road tonight. :biggrin:

Gem
Reply 387
yikes.
Ah well. Leeds lost so they can no concentrate on the league and catching us up. Reading won 3-2 which is good...just hope it distracts them from the league now!

Gem
Reply 389
I've just been at the pub watching the Leeds game, and commiserations to the Leeds fans out there (I was with one). You played very well, matched Wigan all the way and were very unlucky to lose. Kelly's goal deserved to win any game.
Reply 390
Thanks for the comiserations. We were absolutely fantastic, not in terms of quality, but passion, desire, hunger commitment, resilience. OK, Wigan were not at full strength by any means but they are still a premiership outfit and we were down 4 times in the tie only to come back and draw level each time. Kelly's goal was fantastic, and even though we lost on penalties I am now beginning to gain some confidence, that we will finish in the top 6 and when we play in the playoffs we will have the hunger and experience that perhaps teams like Wolves and Watford don't. Palace and Preston are a different proposition. I hope also that we can get Sheff Utd teetering for a while, just for a laugh. Attendance was poor at EL tonight, but game on tele, midweek replay and it was only Wigan....

I'm gutted because I love the FA Cup, but the Wendies on Saturday is gaining in signifcance.
AAJ1
I'm gutted because I love the FA Cup, but the Wendies on Saturday is gaining in signifcance.

After seeing Healey take that penalty I've decided you can keep him! :p:

Seriously though well done! Flying the flag for the CCC. The Wendies will be tricky, Sturrock will have them working hard and scrapping. Please beat them! :redface:
AAJ1
Thanks for the comiserations. We were absolutely fantastic, not in terms of quality, but passion, desire, hunger commitment, resilience. OK, Wigan were not at full strength by any means but they are still a premiership outfit and we were down 4 times in the tie only to come back and draw level each time. Kelly's goal was fantastic, and even though we lost on penalties I am now beginning to gain some confidence, that we will finish in the top 6 and when we play in the playoffs we will have the hunger and experience that perhaps teams like Wolves and Watford don't. Palace and Preston are a different proposition. I hope also that we can get Sheff Utd teetering for a while, just for a laugh. Attendance was poor at EL tonight, but game on tele, midweek replay and it was only Wigan....

Glad you enjoyed the match....have to say I was slightly disappointed you didn't win but there we go.

I was going to watch it but decided to go to BL and see our U18s thrash Wigan U18s 5-0 in the FA youth cup! Living so close to Bramall Lane, it would have been rude not to go and give them a bit more money!

You'll beat Wednesday..like I said before 2-1!

Gem
Can't wait for friday night Palace Vs Reading! Big game for us, need to keep the momentum going and finally give Reading a damn good thrashing! :biggrin:
Reply 394
You'll beat Wednesday..like I said before 2-1!

I'm afraid I'm having less faith in your predictions now, you said we'd beat Wigan.

As for the Palace v Reading game I think it will be great and fear it finishing
Palace 2 - 1 Reading. Now I need Reading to beat our play off rivals as they are well and truly out of sight. If Reading score, watch Coppell's reaction. Hilarious.
Good luck to Burton Albion tonight. I hope they win with a last minute goal or something else exciting!
AAJ1
I'm afraid I'm having less faith in your predictions now, you said we'd beat Wigan.

As for the Palace v Reading game I think it will be great and fear it finishing
Palace 2 - 1 Reading. Now I need Reading to beat our play off rivals as they are well and truly out of sight. If Reading score, watch Coppell's reaction. Hilarious.

The prediction was more of a hope and anyway...can never say with penalties.

I hope you don't beat Wednesday for think you will. Don't care though IF we beat Brighton.

Gem
Reply 397
Oxford United. Soon to lose our best player and probably Craig Davies too, as good as Andy Dempster is, hes not gonna fill the hole...
Reply 398
Gexko
Oxford United. Soon to lose our best player and probably Craig Davies too, as good as Andy Dempster is, hes not gonna fill the hole...

We've just signed a guy called Jude Stirling from you - any good?
YES! Argyle beat Crewe 2-1, we've got Leicester and Southampton to come to HP next! Happy days.....Leicester for the drop.

Latest