The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

walshie
Come on Millwall :biggrin:

I hate Millwall!
Oh dear, despite not admitting it uptil now, I'm getting slightly concerned. Thank god for Norwich getting a draw today!

We are poor thanks to players playing out of position. The leagues supposed best player was playing at left back to start with, then right back and then back to midfield. Oh dear. All 5300 of us had to put up with some more dodgy tactics.

Wise is a ****, injured himself while going into a dreadful tackle. :roll:
If I was a nasty person I'd almost say I wish it had injured him more seriously!

Anyway...seems our players think we will mess up:

Blades defender hopes for play-offs

Sheffield United defender Craig Short feels it wouldn't be a total disaster if the club miss out on automatic promotion.

Short, who's recovered from injury and is in the squad for Saturday's clash at Coventry, says although the play-offs aren't ideal, the prize for winning them is just the same.

"We've always got the safety net, we're not out of it if we're in the play-offs," said Short.

"If I could have my dream, to go up via the play-offs would be the best because you're going to a great occasion in Cardiff."

Gem
Are you feeling the heat Gem :biggrin:

Is Watford or Leeds going to do the incredible . . .

Or even better - is Millwall going to?

Or even better - Barnet avoiding relegation! :eek:
Reply 583
NDGAARONDI
Like last season in the Premiership where he nearly landed on his neck, right? Forget who it was against.

I know the game you're talking about, can't remember who it was against either.. but I do remember that Johnson was pushed. He wound up with touchline chalk all up and down his back.

If anyone can find footage/reputable reports of ( ie not from Steve Bruce :rolleyes: ) Johnson having plainly dived then I'll eat my hat. He doesn't do it.

Aside from that, the results could barely have gone better for us this weekend (aside from Wolves and Cardiff not drawing) as all 4 above us drew :smile:

If we get the win we should at Stoke then the play-offs should be pretty much guaranteed. A win at Elland Road after that and mayyyyyyyyyyybe automatic isn't beyond us but I seriously seriously doubt it.

Oh, and the sooner Millwall are out of this league the better... a team that has more red cards than home goals this season deserves relegation :smile:
walshie
Are you feeling the heat Gem :biggrin:

Is Watford or Leeds going to do the incredible . . .

Or even better - is Millwall going to?

Or even better - Barnet avoiding relegation! :eek:

I've calmed down from yesterday as it happens. :biggrin:

Still plenty of football to be played.

Gem
Of course there is.

Plenty of football matches to also lose :biggrin:

Your coaching and managerial staff do appear to have literally given up :confused: I hate people like that who have absolutely no positiveness.
The fans have given up as well though...well not ALL of us!

Gem
Reply 587
=Anne AuraqueGood luck to Leeds too.

Boy o boy were we lucky.

=leedsbladeSheffield United defender Craig Short feels it wouldn't be a total disaster if the club miss out on automatic promotion.

I read the quotation. If what he said is understood in the context that I have done, it can mean one of two things. Either the players are despondent, worried and don't know where their next three points will come from OR they are playing devious mind games trying to shift the pressure from their jittering, stuttering end to the campaign onto Leeds and Watford (dunno about Palace).

=SophdophAside from that, the results could barely have gone better for us this weekend (aside from Wolves and Cardiff not drawing) as all 4 above us drew

Despite what was said on the championship the 4 sides above you did not all draw. One of them lost.

=leedsbladeThe fans have given up as well though...well not ALL of us!

I was reading the Guardian, yes the Guardian sports pages today, and they've done a nice little run in for all the promotion chasing clubs, and to be honest Watford, have the easiest run in - their hardest games are trips to Palace and Wolves but there are some "nicer" home games also.

The race is well and truly on... only a few weeks ago I thought it was all over - and while I still predict we'll be in the playoffs - I hope against hope that firstly Watford don't nick that 2nd spot and secondly that we push for it, all the way. Next week we have Coventry away which will be v.difficult, leaving the RICOH with a point I think will be an acheivement.

Palace aren't totally out of it, but will be if we beat them at EL next week. Thus, I have to support Stoke tonight.
Would agree with that. I don't hold out much hope of Palace beating Leeds at Helland Road!!!

Looking back to saturdays game, I find some of the comments from our fans embarrassing quite honestly. Sacking a manage when you're 2nd in the league with about 8 games to go would be the most stupid thing our board has done in years!
I was there along with the rest (probably our 2nd best away support of the season with regards to numbers) on saturday and we played poorly and made Coventry look quite good. Not good enough but its not the end of the world
and it wouldn't have been even if Watford and Leeds would have won at the weekend.

Gem
Reply 589
Yer, well I hope we put Micky Adams in his place next week. Hope more than expect. Shame we couldnt beat Norwich but maybe Blackwell will tear into them and tell them not to act so nervously and play in such a dithering fasion. After all we have nothing to lose .... yet.

Interesting that Neil Warnock won the Saturday night sackrace on talksport, merely because he played Jagielka out of position. Football fans are football fans I suppose.

Hmm....Palace will be out for revenge against us... and considering our last home performances (dodgy against Luton and Norwich) anything is possible. Still unbeaten in 9 - no bad thing.
Jagielka was voted best player outside the prem the other day and yet he was played at left back. Big mistake when we have other players that can play at left back imo. Rightly the fans weren't happy as I wasn't but the reaction from some was a disgrace like I already mentioned.

Palace will indeed want revenge and need points themselves but doubt they will win.

Gem
Palace are winning 3-1 against Stoke right now on Sky Sports 1
Good good...want them to have as much confidence as possible ahead of the game against Leeds!

Gem
A good result for us last night, although not exactly a fantastic performance by Palace, we will need to play alot better if we are to beat leeds i think. But we are still picking up points even when we are not at our best and its looking like we will get either 5 or 6 place, which gives us a chance of bouncing back.:smile:
Reply 594
Village Idiot
A good result for us last night, although not exactly a fantastic performance by Palace, we will need to play alot better if we are to beat leeds i think. But we are still picking up points even when we are not at our best and its looking like we will get either 5 or 6 place, which gives us a chance of bouncing back.:smile:

Agreed, we were pants but that's been the story of the season. Play badly and beat the rubbish, play badly and lose to the teams around us. Of the top 8 we've only beaten Cardiff and Watford all season. Still got Leeds (a), Watford (h) and Sheff Utd (a) to come as well...

Aside from Reading there really haven't been any quality teams in the league this year, I've not seen anyone else who I thought "now there's a good side". I definitely include Palace in that list! On paper we're arguably top 2 but the performances just haven't been there. Now we're finally getting a left-side back to fitness we might come into something look good form. Please play Reich Iain!

The play-offs are a complete lottery but I can't see us getting the better of either Leeds or Preston over 2 legs. Watford, Cardiff and Wolves are a different matter... we'll see how it goes I suppose :smile:
Hey everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post!

I support Wolves, despite living near Oxford. Just wondered, heading into the last couple of months of the season, what everyone thinks will be the final table? I don't wish to tempt fate on anyone just yet, but judging on current performances how do you think it will end up?

As a Wolves fan, I'm confident that my team will once again fail to get promoted... Anyway, here goes:

1. Reading
2. Leeds Utd
3. Watford
4. Sheff. Utd (soory leedsblade but you're dropping fast!)
5. Crystal Palace
6. Preston

7. Wolves :frown:
time4_heroes
Hey everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post!

I support Wolves, despite living near Oxford. Just wondered, heading into the last couple of months of the season, what everyone thinks will be the final table? I don't wish to tempt fate on anyone just yet, but judging on current performances how do you think it will end up?

As a Wolves fan, I'm confident that my team will once again fail to get promoted... Anyway, here goes:

1. Reading
2. Leeds Utd
3. Watford
4. Sheff. Utd (soory leedsblade but you're dropping fast!)
5. Crystal Palace
6. Preston

7. Wolves :frown:

Even as pessimistic as I am, I don't think we'll finish 4th! :biggrin:

Win on saturday and everything will be all good again, no matter what Leeds and Watford do. :rolleyes:

I went to Wolves this season...night game and a bore 0-0..remember it well.

Anyway...welcome! :biggrin:

Gem
Thnaks mate! No suprise in you going to Molineux and getting bored this season! And you managed to get to see one of our hundreds of draws! Lucky you! I've only been once this season, least I've ever been. We played well and beat Leeds 2-1 though. I'm holding out some hope that we can sneek into the play-offs at Prestons expense!

To be honest, I'd like to see Sheff Utd go up - been there or there abouts for a few years now. Who do you have on Saturday? We have Reading away :eek:
time4_heroes
Thnaks mate! No suprise in you going to Molineux and getting bored this season! And you managed to get to see one of our hundreds of draws! Lucky you! I've only been once this season, least I've ever been. We played well and beat Leeds 2-1 though. I'm holding out some hope that we can sneek into the play-offs at Prestons expense!

To be honest, I'd like to see Sheff Utd go up - been there or there abouts for a few years now. Who do you have on Saturday? We have Reading away :eek:

Norwich away for us. :eek: Not looking forward to it especially as there is so much pressure on the players now. We may win, who knows. Can't predict in this league.

Least you chose a good game to go to. Beating Leeds..always good. :biggrin:

You and Southampton with the draws. :eek:

We've been in the league too long and lost in play offs 3 times..of course the most embarrassing was against Wolves in 2003. :mad: :rolleyes:

Gem
leedsblade

We've been in the league too long and lost in play offs 3 times..of course the most embarrassing was against Wolves in 2003. :mad: :rolleyes:

Gem

Yeah that was a good'n :biggrin:

Norwich are playing well now as well! Bit of a toughy - wouldn't like to pick a winner in that one!

As for being in this league too long - I know how you feel! Apart from our semi-disastrous season in the Premiership, we've been stuck in Division 1 all my supporting life! :mad:

I hope Sheff Utd go up this season - in 2nd so that we can win the Play-offs :biggrin:

By the way - any fans of Conference South teams here? Or is that TOO lower league? :cool:

Nick

Latest